SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

We've gotta be looking to add a goalie soon, right? Scheel will be on campus in the fall and after him there's nobody left in the pipeline. I know its not an urgent need, but I have to imagine the coaching staff would like to get somebody for the 2019-2020 season sooner rather than later

7 hours ago, SiouxFan25 said:

We've gotta be looking to add a goalie soon, right? Scheel will be on campus in the fall and after him there's nobody left in the pipeline. I know its not an urgent need, but I have to imagine the coaching staff would like to get somebody for the 2019-2020 season sooner rather than later

Only a sophomore, but the Greenway goalie was stellar last night.

4 hours ago, franchise said:

I was thinking more guys who can be on campus in a year or 2 but I’ll have to check him out. Kaleb Johnson has gotta be another younger goalie to watch. Junior at GFC has played some fantastic hockey the last few years 

33 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

I was thinking more guys who can be on campus in a year or 2 but I’ll have to check him out. Kaleb Johnson has gotta be another younger goalie to watch. Junior at GFC has played some fantastic hockey the last few years 

Yeah, I got what you were saying...that's why I said he's only a soph.  Couldn't come in soon, but an option for the pipeline

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SiouxFan25 said:

Exactly what I’m thinking. I believe JPL is the last goalie from ND to play in college, but I think Kaleb could be the next 

May be able to play somewhere, but I would guess he would have to prove it in Junior hockey for a year or two.  His save % with Central could be attributed to the way they play defense.  His 94% and Bradbury's 92% aren't that far apart when you consider the defense on both teams. 

15 hours ago, franchise said:

Wonder if he is a foreign exchange student looks like he has played in Finland previously. He made some huge saves. Probably would have liked a goal or 2 back but made some absolutely unbelievable saves too. That was a heck of game last night that had pretty much everything. I was really hoping Greenway would pull it off.

5 minutes ago, ChetSteadman said:

The Gophers just got their goalie and I saw somewhere he wants to play in the NCHC.

Yeah former Holy Family goalie Jared Moe committed to Minnesota a while back and I know he was someone the UND staff was following as well. I think they plan to have him come in for 19/20 and Haider would probably be a guy that would come in for 20/21 or even 21/22 as he is still a high school Sophomore.

38 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Yeah former Holy Family goalie Jared Moe committed to Minnesota a while back and I know he was someone the UND staff was following as well. I think they plan to have him come in for 19/20 and Haider would probably be a guy that would come in for 20/21 or even 21/22 as he is still a high school Sophomore.

Wasn’t aware he’s that young, wow.

8 hours ago, tnt said:

May be able to play somewhere, but I would guess he would have to prove it in Junior hockey for a year or two. 

Yeah I’d agree with that. I’m just saying I think he’s the first kid in awhile from ND to have that kind of potential 

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

He's third in scoring.

One guy has 136 pts in those 29 games.

But he's an over-ager at 14.

The competition keeps getting the blue chippers: He's committed to DU.

Interesting.  I see another 03 committed to PSU.  I think we start seeing a lot more recruits pick those Big10 schools.

22 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Interesting.  I see another 03 committed to PSU.  I think we start seeing a lot more recruits pick those Big10 schools.

They might just be more apt to recruit young, despite them foregoing the Gentlemen's agreement, which seems to go against their argument.  I know UND  had their hand forced on a couple of occasions by Big Ten teams on local recruits because offers were either made or imminent. 

1 hour ago, tnt said:

They might just be more apt to recruit young, despite them foregoing the Gentlemen's agreement, which seems to go against their argument.  I know UND  had their hand forced on a couple of occasions by Big Ten teams on local recruits because offers were either made or imminent.

Recruiting 13 year olds is very high risk-high reward. Personally, I think it is ridiculous. What's next, having kids commit when they are in squirts? :silly:

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits