SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 12/1/2017 at 4:31 PM, tnt said:

On GPL they are saying Berry isn't following Randklev on Twitter.  I'm assuming he must have been.  I would think that we may have lost out on him to St. Cloud, which would be disappointing. Anyone have info to the contrary?

I'll take UND's chances going against SCSU for a recruit 10 out of 10 times, I'd be shocked in Randklev picks SCSU over UND and Minnesota. 

41 minutes ago, AJS said:

I'll take UND's chances going against SCSU for a recruit 10 out of 10 times, I'd be shocked in Randklev picks SCSU over UND and Minnesota. 

St.Cloud has been better then Minnesota lately and more people show up to watch St. Cloud play then Minnesota.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Strauss Mann commits to Michigan.

Goalie for the Fargo Force. Not sure how good he is or will be, but UND seems to let some good goalies that play for the Bobcats and the Force get away. 

Zane McIntyre and Cam Johnson from the Force have done the job pretty well!

On 12/2/2017 at 11:39 PM, tnt said:

You never know what is going to influence a player's decision. Could be his current coach (Jon Ammerman who went to St. Cloud) ; current teammate going somewhere (Ethan Frisch going here); how he was treated by future teammates on his visit; what style a team plays that fit your attributes; when you want to come in and when they have an opening for you; how you like the coaching staff; how you like the facilities; and here is something, how you like the school and how it fits your academic aspirations.  I wouldn't pretend to know what is important to a recruit unless I knew them personally. I do know when you look at a combination of everything, UND has an awful lot to offer.

Strange how that comes in last in college hockey. 

Not sayin', just sayin'. 

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Strange how that comes in last in college hockey. 

Not sayin', just sayin'. 

Funny how you say that, but ...

"The academic success of NCAA Division I men’s hockey players continues to set the standard across college sports, with hockey leading all men’s sports with at least 50 teams in the NCAA’s Academic Progress Rate (APR) for the fourth straight year.

Men’s hockey’s four-year average APR score of 986 from 2012-16 is five points above the NCAA average and edged golf (984) and tennis (981) among Division I sports with at least 50 teams nationwide. Men’s hockey’s single-year APR score for 2015-16 of 984 also led all men’s sports with 50 or more programs."

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/2017/05/mens-hockey-leads-ncaas-apr-again.php

• Upvote 2