SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

54 minutes ago, UNDlaw80 said:

My son struck up a conversation with Gersich's grandfather (Broten) during the St. Lawrence series.  He said Shane is all but gone next year.  Apparently he was very close to signing with Washington this off-season, but, ultimately, decided on one last kick at the NCAA can.      

Given the Weatherby commitment yesterday, this would make more sense. I'm all about the #'s, right now we have 5 coming in next year (Forwards) with 5 openings (Gersich, Gornall, Seniors).

1 hour ago, ChadR said:

Look for Cruikshank and Randklev to commit to the Sioux soon

Would be excited about the addition of these two.  Cruikshank  put up similar numbers to Nick Jones last year at Penticton. In 57 games he had 32 goals, 21 assists compared to Jones, who had 25 goals, 37 assists in 58 games.  

8 hours ago, ChadR said:

Look for Cruikshank and Randklev to commit to the Sioux soon

This take is strictly from reading the Wisconsin recruiting thread on USCHO and their thoughts on Cruikshank, but I would be thrilled if he ended up at UND. Sounded like Wisconsin wanted him, but offered him less money than Cruikshank was expecting, so that's why he didn't sign. Scouting report is great skater that can score.

4 hours ago, AJS said:

This take is strictly from reading the Wisconsin recruiting thread on USCHO and their thoughts on Cruikshank, but I would be thrilled if he ended up at UND. Sounded like Wisconsin wanted him, but offered him less money than Cruikshank was expecting, so that's why he didn't sign. Scouting report is great skater that can score.

That seems odd.  He's a WI resident, so tuition and fees are only about 10,500 per year, so he's not an expensive scholarship, even with room and board.  Of course, maybe they didn't put a high enough value on him to offer a full.

UND not landing some of these, I’m not too concerned. We’ll see if some stay the college route. 

UNDs had a great run of landing older recruits that have played well at the college level. 

Frattin, Knight, Cags, Stetcher etc. 

Yes, Brock played a great role in the natty in 2016 and was glad he chose UND. Jost leaving after 1 year, still surprised by that move. 

I’d rather have the commits stay 3 years or more. 

Most young/high draft pick teams don’t win the natty. See BU for example. 

It appears that Wisco will be on that trend next. 

7 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

UND not landing some of these, I’m not too concerned. We’ll see if some stay the college route. 

UNDs had a great run of landing older recruits that have played well at the college level. 

Frattin, Knight, Cags, Stetcher etc. 

Yes, Brock played a great role in the natty in 2016 and was glad he chose UND. Jost leaving after 1 year, still surprised by that move. 

I’d rather have the commits stay 3 years or more. 

Most young/high draft pick teams don’t win the natty. See BU for example. 

It appears that Wisco will be on that trend next. 

Whenever I hear Jost explain why he decided to leave, I still can’t find his answer lol... 

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Whenever I hear Jost explain why he decided to leave, I still can’t find his answer lol... 

There was an interview that said once he got that contract in front of him & knew he just had to sign to fulfill his lifelong dream of playing in the NHL, he went for it.

So might have been a little spontaneous from the sounds of it.  Regardless, he is a great proponent for UND's program and it was really fun to watch him while he was here.  I wish he would've stayed another year but I wish him the absolute best in his hockey career.

• Upvote 1