SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Lots of good kids committing.  Odd how quiet it’s been lately.  Next year we don’t have any high end commits, hain could be decent but he’s been slipping a bit (from his original blue chip ranking).  I wouldn’t be blown away if he plays another year in the ushl, it’s early though.  Both Mattson and keane have struggled mightily in high end junior leagues. Not looking great on that front.  I’m still waiting on our next high end recruit.  I’m thinking we’ll end up getting J Weatherby at some point soon, He’d be a nice depth commit.

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Lots of good kids committing.  Odd how quiet it’s been lately.  Next year we don’t have any high end commits, hain could be decent but he’s been slipping a bit (from his original blue chip ranking).  I wouldn’t be blown away if he plays another year in the ushl, it’s early though.  Both Mattson and keane have struggled mightily in high end junior leagues. Not looking great on that front.  I’m still waiting on our next high end recruit.  I’m thinking we’ll end up getting J Westherby at some point soon, He’d be a nice depth commit.

My thoughts .....

Denver and Wisco stockpiling high end recruits.

Neither Montgomery or Granato will be in college hockey long. Maybe 1-2 more seasons?...More?.....Less?....

So when they do leave, fresh crop of recruits willing to explore their levels of commitment to new coaches in Madison and Denver.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

This has scsu all over it

If that's the case Motzko shouldn't be mad at Monty, if a recruit is what they were arguing about.

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

Carter Randklev has decommited from Arizona State. Wants to stay closer to home. 

Maybe Monty is wanting to poach him. ;)

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is there a spicer around here (egf) that is a up and comer?  

Yes, but he's not from EGF. Cole Spicer, 1st year bantam, plays for GF's bantam AA team. He is absolutely someone to keep an eye on as a prospective recruit as he has the potential to be a special player. He's just an 8th grader, but heard he tried out and was offered a spot on GFC varsity. Ultimately decided to play bantam AA, presumably for more games/ice time.

4 minutes ago, UND99 said:

Yes, but he's not from EGF. Cole Spicer, 1st year bantam, plays for GF's bantam AA team. He is absolutely someone to keep an eye on as a prospective recruit as he has the potential to be a special player. He's just an 8th grader, but heard he tried out and was offered a spot on GFC varsity. Ultimately decided to play bantam AA, presumably for more games/ice time.

I have a co-worker who is a relative of his. From what he has told me playing for UND is currently one of his goals.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

Carter Randklev has decommited from Arizona State. Wants to stay closer to home. 

Maybe Monty is wanting to poach him. ;)

This does seem to be one that has SCSU written on it, but I'm sure Berry and the coaching staff are doing their due-diligence. His start in the USHL has really gotten my attention, I hope Berry goes after him.

Really like that he's (1) Local (2) Small - four year guy

My guess is he's definitely a +1 guy (one year of juniors after HS), so would put him in the 2019 class.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits