SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

The fascinating world of Wisconsin recruiting isn't showing any signs of slowing down. It's expected both Caufield brothers will pick Wisconsin after decommitting from Ohio State, if that holds true.

Current recruits:

• 98' - D: 1 F: 4
  • 99' - D: 0 F: 5 G: 1
  • 00' - D: 6 F: 4
  • 01' - D: 0 F: 7
  • 02': D: 3 F: 2

33 total: 22 Forwards, 10 Defenseman 1 Goalie

The ascetics just look bad, I realize not every player that commits will end up on campus, UND has been and will be in that position (as is every other team). Still, I would love to hear Wisconsin's recruiting pitch to players right now. 

Other schools:

• BU - 16
  • UND - 17
  • Minnesota - 17
  • Denver - 17
  • Notre Dame - 21
  • BC - 21
  • Harvard - 22
  • Michigan - 23

I believe Michigan has the second most at 23, that's 10 less players than Wisconsin. 

From a Rizzo recruiting angle, I hope this is good news for UND if Caufield commits to Wisco, I mean they have to have a limit at some point, you'd think. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

The fascinating world of Wisconsin recruiting isn't showing any signs of slowing down. It's expected both Caufield brothers will pick Wisconsin after decommitting from Ohio State, if that holds true.

Current recruits:

• 98' - D: 1 F: 4
  • 99' - D: 0 F: 5 G: 1
  • 00' - D: 6 F: 4
  • 01' - D: 0 F: 7
  • 02': D: 3 F: 2

33 total: 22 Forwards, 10 Defenseman 1 Goalie

The ascetics just look bad, I realize not every player that commits will end up on campus, UND has been and will be in that position (as is every other team). Still, I would love to hear Wisconsin's recruiting pitch to players right now. 

Other schools:

• BU - 16
  • UND - 17
  • Minnesota - 17
  • Denver - 17
  • Notre Dame - 21
  • BC - 21
  • Harvard - 22
  • Michigan - 23

I believe Michigan has the second most at 23, that's 10 less players than Wisconsin. 

From a Rizzo recruiting angle, I hope this is good news for UND if Caufield commits to Wisco, I mean they have to have a limit at some point, you'd think. 

The rumor is Caufield will be going to Wisconsin. Wisconsin will still recruit Rizzo and push one of their 100 commitments back a year or let one go. 

Edit: Wisconsin picked up Jack Gorniak.

14 hours ago, cberkas said:

The rumor is Caufield will be going to Wisconsin. Wisconsin will still recruit Rizzo and push one of their 100 commitments back a year or let one go. 

Edit: Wisconsin picked up Jack Gorniak.

They just got another kid today.

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They just got another kid today.

One poster on USCHO is saying Tony is just going to push players through Wisconsin making them a NHL factory. I think one of the Minnesota posters on there might be correct thinking Tony is just there for the short term.

15 hours ago, AJS said:

... that's 10 less players than Wisconsin. 

No, that's 10 fewer players than Wisconsin. 

If you can count it it's "fewer"; if not, it's less. 

I gave away a cup of coffee so I have one cup fewer; so now I have less coffee grounds available for brewing.
(I can count cups of coffee but not coffee grounds.) 

The preceding was brought to you as an attempt to save MafiaMan's grammar mind. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

No, that's 10 fewer players than Wisconsin. 

If you can count it it's "fewer"; if not, it's less. 

I gave away a cup of coffee so I have one cup fewer; so now I have less coffee grounds available for brewing.
(I can count cups of coffee but not coffee grounds.) 

The preceding was brought to you as an attempt to save MafiaMan's grammar mind. :D 

I did not know that. And to think I thought I was good at grammar.

This is usually a big week for recruiting for the Sioux. Anyone know what potential recruits we have on campus this weekend? 

Remember back in 2009 when UND swept the Gophs 6-1 6-2 and within 2-3 weeks secured at least 3-4 committs including Corban Knight and Carter Rowney. Brendan O'Donnell too.

6 minutes ago, ChadR said:

This is usually a big week for recruiting for the Sioux. Anyone know what potential recruits we have on campus this weekend? 

Remember back in 2009 when UND swept the Gophs 6-1 6-2 and within 2-3 weeks secured at least 3-4 committs including Corban Knight and Carter Rowney. Brendan O'Donnell too.

Ah, memories - senior year was fun. 

1 hour ago, burd said:

Has it been discussed here whether the rivalry void and fewer games with UMinn (and UW) has led to fewer high end recruits from Minnesota?

Is that a dumbazz question?  

I don't think so.

Duluth just picked up two highly rated defensemen in Connor Kelley and Owen Gallatin