SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I'll guess Stephane Matteau Jr.

hes a great prospect and his dad did play in the show. would be a hell of a get to land him and potentialy gramaldi.

matteau played for AAA notre dame this last season has duel citizenship. he will play for usa ntdp team this season

found this on him matteau

Anybody know anything on Josh Archibald taken 126th in the USHL entry draft recently. Since he is from Brainerd, I assume he is Jim Archibald's kid. Wonder if anyone knows if any colleges are interested. Was taken ahead of Gavin Tufte who some say the Sioux are interested in, and is younger. Not that draft position dictates how good you are or will be.

When he was honored at a home game not that long ago that's what they said. I wonder when that changed.

Archie has retired from the Border Patrol. Josh is his son. Small player but tough as nails (I wonder where he gets that from). He can be an agitater like Prpich or a less skilled Hexall.

Archie has retired from the Border Patrol. Josh is his son. Small player but tough as nails (I wonder where he gets that from). He can be an agitater like Prpich or a less skilled Hexall.

So in otherwords, expect him to come to UND in a couple years! I can't imagine Archie would want him any other place, and I'm sure the kid has heard plenty of good stories from his Dad

So in otherwords, expect him to come to UND in a couple years! I can't imagine Archie would want him any other place, and I'm sure the kid has heard plenty of good stories from his Dad

Well that would be cool to see another Archibald playing for the Sioux. When I was a kid I used to love to watch Archibald play. More times then not he would be sitting in the penalty box. Man that brings back memories. I wonder if he still rocks the stache.

Also another forum on this site is reporting that the sioux will get a verbal from a kid named JT Miller. Anyone know anything about this and if the kid is good or great?

Don't come to UND, given the changes in the game, he will never match what the fans would expect...

Incorrect. UND could ALWAYS use another Archie!!

Even though he was tough and loaded up on the PIM, he usually did pretty well with the puck too. From Hockey DB ...

GP G A T PIM

1981-82 U. of North Dakota NCAA 41 10 16 26 96

1982-83 U. of North Dakota NCAA 33 7 14 21 91

1983-84 U. of North Dakota NCAA 44 21 15 36 156

1984-85 U. of North Dakota NCAA 41 37 24 61 197

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of that type on the ice.

Even though he was tough and loaded up on the PIM, he usually did pretty well with the puck too. From Hockey DB ...

GP G A T PIM

1981-82 U. of North Dakota NCAA 41 10 16 26 96

1982-83 U. of North Dakota NCAA 33 7 14 21 91

1983-84 U. of North Dakota NCAA 44 21 15 36 156

1984-85 U. of North Dakota NCAA 41 37 24 61 197

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of that type on the ice.

We have two... Lammy and Hextall... Maybe Malone too.

The problem is.... Lammy got suspended 1 game for almost fighting. I don't know how many players in Archie's time got such a distinction.

If dropping the gloves but not throwing a punch signifies a fight now, I'm not sure we'll see a player truly like Archie.

I wonder how many games the WCHA would suspend Mario for almost going into the stands to fight?

One game of course! :glare::glare:

^By Tuesday night it would be an extra day.

Thinking about it is a game.

Skating towards the stands would be a full weekend.

And then the "Tuesday night" elevations would be tagged on.

There was a Big time recruit on campus this weekend. Most hockey fans will remember his dad playing in the NHL. Thats all I can say, but I here it went good!

Alright we are about 10 days out since this was posted and I haven't heard anything more about it. Do you have an update? I am also hoping the sioux can land Rocco Grimaldi this summer too. I look for him to decide in July.

GF native Alex Simonson commits to UNO:

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3330

Chicago Steel forward Alex Simonson has committed to the University of Nebraska at Omaha and will be a member of the Mavericks hockey program when the school joins the WCHA next season.

Despite being limited to 35 games during the 2009-10 season after sitting out with injury until December, Simonson led the USHL with 179 penalty minutes. The rugged 6-3, 185-pound winger from Grand Forks, North Dakota also collected six points (2g, 4a), including one game-winning goal, while serving as alternate captain for the Steel. The 20-year-old has played 90 games over three seasons in the USHL and has tallied 15 points (7g, 8a) to go along with 333 penalty minutes.

That's a horrible ratio of points to penalty minutes. :D

Blais has accumulated a good group of recruits from the USHL...

Ten other USHL players from the 2009-10 season are committed to attend the University of Nebraska at Omaha; Bryce Aneloski (Cedar Rapids RoughRiders), Brock Montpetit (Waterloo Black Hawks), Ryan Walters (Des Moines Buccaneers), Johnnie Searfoss (Fargo Force) Brian O'Rourke (Green Bay Gamblers), Nick Oddo (Omaha Lancers), Matt White (Omaha Lancers), Andrej Sustr (Youngstown Phantoms), Dominic Zombo (Sioux Falls Stampede), and Patrick Borer (Sioux City Musketeers).

Montpetit was a former UW recruit and Walters was a former UMN recruit.

Is this the Matt White that was a former UND recruit, or is that the other Matt White? I forget. :)