SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Any word on Nick Ebert? It was said that if he liked his visit (was here for the MTU series I believe), he would commit shortly thereafter. Well, being the impatient person I am, I wonder what's taking so long?!

I'm guessing Hakstol told him "If you're planning on using a commitment to the Sioux as leverage for the OHL draft, we'll have to send Frattin out to have a little talk with your family. And, once you get to the NHL, every former Sioux will be coming for you".

So the good news is, Ebert won't be committing to then decommitting from the Sioux. The bad news is, you're not getting Ebert.

I'm guessing Hakstol told him "If you're planning on using a commitment to the Sioux as leverage for the OHL draft, we'll have to send Frattin out to have a little talk with your family. And, once you get to the NHL, every former Sioux will be coming for you".

So the good news is, Ebert won't be committing to then decommitting from the Sioux. The bad news is, you're not getting Ebert.

sounds good to me if the plan was major juniors!

Is that for sure?

I was being sarcastic... but it's a strong likelyhood. Ebert is rated by many as the #1 overall prospect in this summer's OHL draft. If he has a "commitment" by then, he'll probably still get drafted by London or Windsor (the teams with the most money to work with). If he doesn't have a commitment by then, he could very well get drafted #1 overall, because the worst team in the league will know that they can trade his rights to London or Windsor and get a pretty good value. Even if he is serious about his commitment and decides to play college hockey for a year or two, his value is high enough that one of the above two scenarios is still likely to occur.

These are your likely scenarios, unless Ebert told all the OHL scouts there is absolutely NO WAY he'll ever play Major Junior... which he wouldn't do unless he's a complete idiot.

I was being sarcastic... but it's a strong likelyhood. Ebert is rated by many as the #1 overall prospect in this summer's OHL draft. If he has a "commitment" by then, he'll probably still get drafted by London or Windsor (the teams with the most money to work with). If he doesn't have a commitment by then, he could very well get drafted #1 overall, because the worst team in the league will know that they can trade his rights to London or Windsor and get a pretty good value. Even if he is serious about his commitment and decides to play college hockey for a year or two, his value is high enough that one of the above two scenarios is still likely to occur.

These are your likely scenarios, unless Ebert told all the OHL scouts there is absolutely NO WAY he'll ever play Major Junior... which he wouldn't do unless he's a complete idiot.

very interesting and thanks for the info. is it really und or major juniors? seems that was the case from a article

Thanks for the compliment not only to our solid program, but to our coach as well. By the way, congrats on the win!

Thanks for the compliment not only to our solid program, but to our coach as well. By the way, congrats on the win!

I just wish SCSU's program was good enough that a bluff commitment would be believable! A Frozen four appearance would go a long ways towards that.

First Holy Cross, then RIT and SCSU in the same night! Satan might want to put on his tuque!

• 2 weeks later...
Central Scouting final rankings is listing a kid who's probably getting looks from a number of WCHA schools...

135 MacMillan, Mark - F - Alberni Valley - BCHL

This kid kind of came out of nowhere. I imagine his phone has been ringing off the hook lately!

good numbers, the sioux havent had any recruits from bchl lately. hextall and trupp may be the only two bchl guys unless genoway comes back. there was a while there about 6 years back when they signed many bchl players but thats changed when looking at the roster and incomers

good numbers, the sioux havent had any recruits from bchl lately. hextall and trupp may be the only two bchl guys unless genoway comes back. there was a while there about 6 years back when they signed many bchl players but thats changed when looking at the roster and incomers

I'm guessing the other MacMillan on the team is his older brother. Mitch is committed to Northeastern, but I bet that's because he couldn't get on a better western team. I'll wager that Matt DOESN'T follow in his bro's footsteps and will commit somewhere west of Lake Ontario.

I'm guessing the other MacMillan on the team is his older brother. Mitch is committed to Northeastern, but I bet that's because he couldn't get on a better western team. I'll wager that Matt DOESN'T follow in his bro's footsteps and will commit somewhere west of Lake Ontario.

thanks for the info. i see the two brothers were both in the top 9 in regular season scoring. impressive

Are there any former or current sioux that have brothers coming up that und is looking at?

i know there is a zajac and a couple bruneteau brothers out there or just one, cant remember. not sure if the sioux are recruiting them. im guessing there are a few more but im not sure on exactly who

I think both the Zajac brother and Bruneteau brother are defensemen. That may affect UND's interest seeing how full they are at that position for the next few years. I think Zajac may only have another year before he should take any scholarship offered, Bruneteau may have 2 or so before he has to get nervous.

i know there is a zajac and a couple bruneteau brothers out there or just one, cant remember. not sure if the sioux are recruiting them. im guessing there are a few more but im not sure on exactly who

brett malone is still out there too: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/player...p;seasonid=5370

I think he may be heading to the "Q" though, but I have no idea.

brett malone is still out there too: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/player...p;seasonid=5370

I think he may be heading to the "Q" though, but I have no idea.

what league is brett malone in? or what level i guess i should ask?

he had 34 pts in 30 games and 10 points in 9 games so far in playoffs. hes a 94' and 15 years old.

what league is brett malone in? or what level i guess i should ask?

he had 34 pts in 30 games and 10 points in 9 games so far in playoffs. hes a 94' and 15 years old.

Well, he plays in the New Brunswick/Prince Edward Island Midget Major Hockey league. I apologize I never played competitive hockey so I'm not familiar with the different levels and the order they go in... but I'm sure someone else around is familiar with what level this is.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Prospective Recruits