SiouxSports.com Forum

2005-06 ND Highschool Hockey

alum05

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone do something to fix the quote. Seriously, it doesn't take that much of a skill to properly quote someone on a message board. I can do it!

Come on, what do you need in football to win the Super Bowl? A running game and defense. The Vikings just don't have it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See?

And nothing has been said about the defending state champions? They will surprise some people with their great goaltending and some solid forwards back for the 2005-06 campaign. They also have to defend the State Championship banner now hanging in Purpur Arena.

I don't think anybody is ever surprised by what Red River does in high school hockey. They always have tremendous talent, and their goaltending come tournament time is always strong. They are another team that could very well make ANOTHER appearance in the championship game at the end of this season.

I haven't made any East Region predictions, so here goes....

1. Fargo South

2. Grafton

3. Red River

4. Central

5. Jamestown

6. Fargo North

7. West Fargo

8. Shanley

9. Wahpeton

And nothing has been said about the defending state champions?  They will surprise some people with their great goaltending and some solid forwards back for the 2005-06 campaign.  They also have to defend the State Championship banner now hanging in Purpur Arena.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although i dont really like members of the Italian Mafia, ill have to agree with riders06 on this one. RR will have just as much if not more fire power than last year with help from a mysterious German foreign exchange student who i was told(from a reliable source) is going to Red River and is quit the hockey player.

I've talked to him a couple of times and all signs point toward him taking the juniors route for his senior year. Most notably, his dad resigned his position as assistant hockey coach for MHS, which may be the biggest hint that he will be heading down to Nebraska (Tri-City) in a month or so.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if he decided to stay for his senior season. They will have a good team this year, and if he stays he would definately be a strong candidate for Mr. Hockey.

i went to hockey camps with jordan a while back and talked to him this summer. he stated that tri-city had sent him stuff in the mail regarding housing and something to do with a driver's license. he also said he was going down to tri-city during the month of july and this pretty much told me that he will not be returning for his senior year and Minot High.

lets hear about kids that graduated who will be continuing their hockey careers this year. I know Marto will play for Omaha(USHL) but other than that i havent really heard of anyone. I would be surprised if someone from that Red River team, who had that great group of seniors, didnt move on to the junior ranks, but then again they didnt really have a standout player.

lets hear about kids that graduated who will be continuing their hockey careers this year. I know Marto will play for Omaha(USHL) but other than that i havent really heard of anyone. I would be surprised if someone from that Red River team, who had that great group of seniors, didnt move on to the junior ranks, but then again they didnt really have a standout player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not know of any Red River players that attracted enough interest to get a spot on a USHL or NAHL team this year. There was some talk about Indianapolis being interested in Jake Vigen but he was not drafted by them and there is no mention of their current roster on their website. As you pointed out, there were no real standouts on that Red River team. Other North Dakota kids that generated interest include Charlie Bair with Bismarck and Ostenrude of Grafton who was drafted by Bismarck. Sam Aide was drafted by Bozeman and Jordan Willert made the 25 man roster at Tri-City. Other than that I do not know of any other kids that are moving on to juniors. Stadstad of Central tried out for Lincoln but did not make the team. Kids that were drafted still have to make the team. If anyone else knows something share it. There is a lot more interest in the upcoming seniors and kids who were at the Select 17 Festival than there was for the group that graduated - other than Jake Marto.

i went to hockey camps with jordan a while back and talked to him this summer.  he stated that tri-city had sent him stuff in the mail regarding housing and something to do with a driver's license.  he also said he was going down to tri-city during the month of july and this pretty much told me that he will not be returning for his senior year and Minot High.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I talked to Jordan today at the ymca in Minot while he was working out and he will for sure be playing in the USHL this season. He told me that school starts down in Kearny on like the 17th of August so he was going to head down there this week some time. Big loss for Minot high school, but a good personal move for Willert to play in such a great league.

Here is an overview of Grafton for 2005-06 based on returning players. As suggested by several contributors on this board, Grafton should challenge for the top spot in the state. First of all, they return their top goalie - Tony Kringstad who had a 92.5% save percentage and 2.29 GAA. In addition, he has plenty of big game experience from last season. Up front (with Jordan Willert going to juniors), they have the top two returning scorers in the state in Paul (52 pts) and Thomas Campbell (45 points). The Campbells are creative playmakers with excellent speed and skill. Junior Zach Miller (30 pts.) also returns so there is plenty of firepower to go with the solid goaltending. Other returing forwards include Anderson (18 pts.), Hills (14 pts.), Flaten (14 pts.) to name just a few. On defense, Andy Peterson returns and should be at full speed after shoulder surgery. Peterson was a USA Hockey National Festival participant every year except this one (because of the surgery) and is one of the best defensemen in the state. Jordan Feltman and Tom McCann also return on defense. The Spoilers have a solid foundation that should take them a long way. A few more solid defensemen and Grafton could be playing for the championship in Engelstad at the end of the season.

The EDC tournament will be played at Purpur this year (the NDHSAA actually lost money during the EDC tourny last year). I like it because it will be more of a shock for the players from both the East and the West at the Ralph. The East might have had a slight edge during the first round games at state because of that, too.

the east couldve have another advantage in that the west is brutal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Boy, thats the first time I've ever heard that. You get the originality award.....I just thought the West came upon bad luck all of those years. I'm glad that you consider the growth of high school hockey or any new town participating in hockey in North Dakota to be a bad thing.... ???

I really don't care where they hold the East Region tournament, but I think that the atmosphere will be a whole lot better at Purpur. I mean anybody who has been to a Central-Red River game at the Ralph vs. Purpur would have to agree with me here correct? Not including the state championship games though of course..... :angry:

Boy, thats the first time I've ever heard that. You get the originality award.....I just thought the West came upon bad luck all of those years. I'm glad that you consider the growth of high school hockey or any new town participating in hockey in North Dakota to be a bad thing.... ???

Inappropriate content removed by moderator