Swept at home by a mediocre team?

johndahl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So none of u are locals tuff sheet

Where did u move here from

I was born at the old Deaconess Hospital south of the Grand Forks County courthouse, probably years before you were a twinkle in your pappy's eye. My family has been in the Red River Valley since 1879 (4 years before UND was started and 10 years before North Dakota became a state). Does that make me local enough for you?

Penalty or no, Kollar pulling himself demonstrates volumes about his commitment to this team. If he's not up to the task, he should step aside.

Granted, hockey is a team sport, but if the goal tender cannot/will not play to his potential all of the "blue chippers" under the sun won't put too many wins in the bucket.

Kollar was a good backup goalie but a little too much 'Fredo' and not enough 'Michael'...(Corleone)

This is where you confuse me! Are you being serious or attempting to be funny?

sarcastic as I am usually one of the first to decleare the season over, and this thread occured years before I started following on ss.com so I figured I would declare that season over as well.

I was born there back in 1961.

In 1961 it would have been either Deaconess Hospital or St. Michaels Hospital. Deaconess was about a block south of the Grand Forks County Courthouse. The building now houses some business and non-profit organization offices. St. Mikes was in the current UND Medical School building. United Hospital was born when Deaconess and St. Mikes joined together. They built the new United Hospital (now called Altru) in about 1973.

About 40, but it wasn't very useful for well over a decade. St Mike's was between 20 and 30 years old when it was replaced. I don't remember when Deaconess was built. Some buildings are built with change in mind, some weren't and some types of facilities need more change than others. But most buildings need some major updates after 30 or 40 years unless changes are made along the way.

Which begs the question. What's the plan for the alerus. You would think they would know they can't let it fall apart like the old civic. Hopefully they have a money plan in place.

Part of the sales tax set up to pay off the building is set aside to pay for improvements. That is what they have used for new turf, the convention entrance and other improvements. I think they hope to limit the major remoodel by doing regular updates.

Off topic but they need to at least add Ceiling and floor tile. Might not be possible but it would be nice to have windows on the west side. More windows all around.

Good thinking on there part to constantly set money aside. But the sales tax will expire eventually.

Off topic but they need to at least add Ceiling and floor tile. Might not be possible but it would be nice to have windows on the west side. More windows all around.

Good thinking on there part to constantly set money aside. But the sales tax will expire eventually.

I believe that they are trying to build a fund so that they can use mainly the interest to fund projects. They aren't there yet, but that was part of the original plan.

Windows would be nice, but I don't know if they are possible. They would also have to control the light coming in so that they could do blackouts for events as needed. The lack of floor and ceiling tiles may be related to the austerity theme and look of the building, or it might just be cost savings. I've never asked about them.