SiouxSports.com Forum

basketball recruiting

UND92,96

Looking at UND...They are currently trying to put something together for Travis...Talked with Dacry (Deutsch) Cascaes last week about Travis wanting to come here.... He would be a great asset...Great Shooter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info. He would be a big pickup, particularly this late. I know he's played AAU ball for Howard Pulley in the past, and one of the Pulley coaches is none other than Bo Powell which should help UND's cause.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a poster on the minnesotapreps.com message board, Bledsoe will be attending UND. Of course, I can't vouch for this, but hopefully it's true.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It appears we have a good shot at getting Bledsoe. He visited 10 days ago and apparently liked what he saw. They are working on his eligility under UND's new entrance policy which, I would hope, would not be a problem.

With Nobles and Doyle, I don't think they really wanted to use scholarship $ on another point guard but Bledsoe has a great deal of talent - even at only 5'11"!

It appears we have a good shot at getting Bledsoe. He visited 10 days ago and apparently liked what he saw. They are working on his eligility under UND's new entrance policy which, I would hope, would not be a problem.

With Nobles and Doyle, I don't think they really wanted to use scholarship $ on another point guard but Bledsoe has a great deal of talent - even at only 5'11"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would certainly hope Bledsoe would be admitted. This blurb from a state tournament preview would suggest that he's a decent student:

Senior Travis Bledsoe, who is also an honor roll student, averaged 17.3 points per game. Bledsoe was also a Top 15 finalist for the Mr. Basketball award this season.

His GPA and ACT scores are not quite what UND's new standards require.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason I'd be surprised if he has any problems being admitted is that I know UND's goal is to promote and improve the cultural diversity on campus. Even putting aside the fact that Bledsoe is an athlete, he's apparently an honor roll student, and he's a minority. I would have to think the admission standards are not rigid in situations involving otherwise qualified minority students who perhaps don't have the minimum ACT score that the new standards call for.

The reason I'd be surprised if he has any problems being admitted is that I know UND's goal is to promote and improve the cultural diversity on campus. Even putting aside the fact that Bledsoe is an athlete, he's apparently an honor roll student, and he's a minority. I would have to think the admission standards are not rigid in situations involving otherwise qualified minority students who perhaps don't have the minimum ACT score that the new standards call for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Something is amiss when an honor roll student can't achieve a high enough ACT to qualify. They must grade quite easily at DeLaSalle!!!!

I understand that Roebuck is recruiting point guard Jossy Bergan from Valley City. Here is some information about her from a recent AAU tournament: link. With Amy Mahlum being done after this season, I think it's safe to say another point guard will be brought in for the '06-'07 season, and Bergan is apparently the number one target. With most positions well-stocked for the next 3-4 years, signing a quality point guard who can distribute the ball to all the scorers the Sioux will have will be crucial.