SiouxSports.com Forum

fytingsu

You assume all other dates are correct then?  Only the NDSU date is wrong?

All I know for sure is that the 2003 schedule was listed one way in the 2000 media guide, and completely different in the 2002 media guide. It seems logical to me that the schedule generated later in time would govern, but I can't say that for certain. Perhaps someone in the NCC office could clear this up.

There is certainly some confusion. The schedule I posted comes from the NDSU 2002 media guide. As you probably know, home games used to alternate year to year. Several years back consecutive home games rotate throughout the schedule. NDSU recently finished 2 in a row in Grand Forks.

Ok well this is my first post ever, but I have a few questions. Please tell me more, as in depth as possible about the games/strengths/weaknesses of Ullsberger, Hoffshneider, and Babington-Johnson. I have heard all of there names a lot. I believe Hoffshneider is the only one that has a chance at a spot next year. Hermes and Digger prevent the other two from that right? or am I wrong. I thought since we lost christofferson that maybe hermes would move over to stud. Leaving Dahlen and BJ. which would win that battle? What about Joshua Bransted will he be playing behind stratton for another season, people seem to forget about him? And how serious is Lennon looking at another school? THis would hurt recruiting seriously!!! I will also research this info and try to give any answers but whom ever(single or collectively) can answer ALL these would be appreciated. At least about the three freshman and the LB situation. Thanks

Ive done some research. Hoffshneider is said to be one of the best corners we have had around in years.had the second highest bench of the freshman class. He might be one of the top 3 dbs strength wise on the team. His forty is around 4.6 and under. He is a big sticker and has great footwork and football insticts. I guess they are looking at him playing soon. He has ok grades which shouldnt be a problem. He should be a big name for four years. He will most likely start and be the lockdown corner. Expect him to be challenged often by opposing teams but after a few games they wont think of going his way.

Ullsberger is a player with great instict and intensity. Could be in the same class as Digger. He was forced to sit out of the last part of their freshman scrimmage just because he knocked down and then cussed at an offensive player. But thats the mean streak we like our Linebackers to have. His speed isnt the greatest and he isnt one with brute strength but he will be a force by the time he is a junior. Probably playing next to Digger. He wont start next year but will get much needed experience time , which will prevent us from having a drop off when the second team comes in.

Babington-JOhnson is extremely fast and explosive according to coaches. They say he might be one of the best they have seen in a while. They say they have never seen someone get off the ball quicker.His ability to get to the quarterback is unreal. I guess he had the starting o line complaining about him going too hard. NOrthern Colorado week he did a better Dunn impresion than DUnn himself. He definately would be better if he got stronger and bigger. Put 15 pounds on him and that would be great. Though that still might put him at 205. I hear he is like 190 right now. I guess the coaches are already planning to make a tough decision as far as the starting zeke. But I would love to have he and Hermes on the field at the same time. With TOny at stud that would give us experience. I guess spring ball will be exciting at a lot of positions.

SF4L, Thanks for the research. Very helpful. It brings up a couple of questions. Are we thin at stud? Who rotated with Christofferson last fall? I too had heard the stories about Hofschneider, Ulsperger and Z.Ba-Jo. Sounded great to me, however, as scouts, they must have paid heck with the offenses. I heard S. Brennan was recruited for stud and had a good fall. Same can be said for Schmitz and Wolf. Sounds like the D is in good hands down the road.

Brook Maier backed up Christofferson last season. It sounds like the key LB's next year will be OLB's : Hermes , Dahlen and Maier with Z.Bab-John heading the next group ILB's : Irvin, Anderson , Nordick and Halstenson with Ullsberger , from what i've heard , making it impossible for the coaches to keep him off the field. Kicked out of a scrimmge for going wild. Awesome. More athletes and speed than last year i think. They need to be nastier and try to intimidate more.