SiouxSports.com Forum

2005 NCAA Women's Brackets

dakotadan

I just tried to get tickets for Fridays game on ticket master, but it says they are not available for individual sessions until Friday at 11:00 am.  Can you buy them at the door or do you think that will be a problem with a sell out or something??  The tickets are available for the whole tournament, but don't know if we can make all of them...any ideas?:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think there's much of a chance for a sell-out. Particularly if you get there reasonably early for Friday's game(s), I don't think you'll have any problem getting in.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsey Maffin's knee injury was extremely unfortunate. That leaves just 10 players, three of whom have played very little this year. I was kind of shocked yesterday when Haug actually got into the game in the first half. I'm afraid the Sioux will be forced to play a lot of zone to keep foul problems to a minimum. Mahlum, Hausauer and Langen all got two fouls in the first half yesterday which could be a big problem against anybody other than Fort Hays.

Kelsey Maffin's knee injury was extremely unfortunate. That leaves just 10 players, three of whom have played very little this year. I was kind of shocked yesterday when Haug actually got into the game in the first half. I'm afraid the Sioux will be forced to play a lot of zone to keep foul problems to a minimum. Mahlum, Hausauer and Langen all got two fouls in the first half yesterday which could be a big problem against anybody other than Fort Hays.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope Kelsey's knee will be okay! I hate to see that type of injury.

What can you say? Tonight was pretty much an embarrassment. We lost at home to a team that finished below Moorhead in their league, which is simply inexcusable. Roebuck is a great coach, no question about it, but it should have been apparent after the last St. Cloud St. game that stopping dribble penetration was a problem. If was worse tonight, as we allowed #3, who averaged 11 ppg on the year, to go to the basket any time she wanted. I'm not sure any adjustments ever were made to stop it. When a team's offense consists of freelancing and going one-on-one, and you can't stop it, that's really poor. I don't know that Concordia ever ran a play all night that I could tell.

The points of emphasis for next year have to be stopping dribble penetration, and rebounding! Concordia killed us on the boards, even though they only out-rebounded their opponents by 2 rebounds per game on the year. It certainly wasn't because of their height. And if we can't do a better job of stopping penetration than we did late in the season, then we need to play zone. I know Roebuck hates to play zone, but probably not as much as he hates seeing his team give up layup after layup.

The most telling stats of the night were Concordia out-rebounding the Sioux 46-32, including a 14 to 4 advantage on the offensive glass, and the Concordia bench out-scoring UND 13-1.

I feel bad for Chelsea Hausauer. She had a great year and played well tonight, but unfortunately she has to go out on a very sour note. This is the first time since 1994 that UND has lost at home in the postseason. This has to rank up there as one of the most disappointing and inexplicable losses in Roebuck's career.

Sioux looked really tired late ... I think only 6 players got time. Sad that Maffin had to watch. I was surprised we pressed with such a short bench... and I wonder if it cost us late.

Yes #3 got a lot of points, but Hausauer did a great job on #24 (pazzini sp?).

Lot of missed FT, lot of rebounds that we were slow to, and my best guess is fatigue.

Even with it all, we got 3 great looks in the last :30 and none of them dropped. If 1 goes in, its OT. If 2 go in, we win.

Congrats to the team on a great season.

Congrats to the team on another very good season. I know everyone is disappointed in the outcome, but another successful season for Roebuck and the women's team. The upcoming years look like they are going to be very good as well, with the unbelieveable recruits the Sioux have been landing.

Congrats Concordia. UND lost to three NSIC schools this year. it's just a down year I guess for this region.

But people ripped Moorhead (which I somewhat agree) but I guess it proves you better not rip until the tournament is won. CSP's point guard was out, but I guess that was good since Carlisle stepped up

cougar....where were you when Moorhead was getting it??? now you come on here and talk smack....good one.....Concordia played better than they played all year...UND played avg...at best ....playing 6 players after coming back from a big deficit gassed the ladies no doubt...as for Monday...what do you want to bet Concordia just thought they won the national title....St. Cloud will go to the elite 8...and wont win a game.....as for your team cougar...who is it....who were they playing last night....or were they at home....classless!!!! UND wasnt counting the win either....just observing your MSU team..

Glad to hear you will cheering on The Huskies.  I don't get to many womens basketball games, but I will be in the stands on Monday.  for anybody at the games last night... Did SCSU have a nice following at the regional?  Do the NSIC teams bring many fans?  It sounded like we did on the raidio.  I am sure there will a good crowd at the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The following for both SCSU and UMD wasn't bad. It's hard to guess numbers, but perhaps 75-100 people. Concordia had very few fans, and Moorhead didn't have a great following either, considering how close Moorhead is to GF, but it was a Friday afternoon game when they played.