SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (10-18, 4-11) @ KC (11-17, 7-8) 2/17 7 PM

SWSiouxMN

28 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

And that my friend, will be the million dollar question this offseason.

Absolutely! I would think with this late season success and momentum they would want to stay and have an even better season next year. But in today’s college basketball scene you just never know!

Have our two previous Summit FOYs enjoyed  similar successes in the systems they transferred into?  Probably apples and oranges with all the different variables at play. But I wonder if it really was better for them to bolt. Bruns prolly does like to play close to home. Here’s to not going three years in a row giving up our freshmen phenoms to the TP. 

1 minute ago, Teeder11 said:

Have our two previous Summit FOYs enjoyed  similar successes in the systems they transferred into?  Probably apples and oranges with all the different variables at play. But I wonder if it really was better for them to bolt. Bruns prolly does like to play close to home. Here’s to not going three years in a row giving up our freshmen phenoms to the TP. 

Ihenacho is a no

• Upvote 1

I think with Bruns at USD now, we’re seeing how maybe the situation he was in last year made him look a lot better than he was. Bruns is a good player and will get better but I think it’s pretty clear Mayo was easily the best freshman in the Summit last year. 
I think injuries have derailed most of Tyrees time at JMU. He’s still started about half the games he’s played in while at JMU. Have no idea how you’d project what injuries he would or wouldn’t have if he stayed at UND. 
The player I’m most worried about losing is the guy that once held an offer from Providence. BJ can be special, I just hope we get 3 more years to see it in Grand Forks 

12 hours ago, GoodGood said:

I think with Bruns at USD now, we’re seeing how maybe the situation he was in last year made him look a lot better than he was. Bruns is a good player and will get better but I think it’s pretty clear Mayo was easily the best freshman in the Summit last year. 
I think injuries have derailed most of Tyrees time at JMU. He’s still started about half the games he’s played in while at JMU. Have no idea how you’d project what injuries he would or wouldn’t have if he stayed at UND. 
The player I’m most worried about losing is the guy that once held an offer from Providence. BJ can be special, I just hope we get 3 more years to see it in Grand Forks 

Yeah Mayo was for sure the best freshman, Bruns just had the counting stats due to being on an awful team. 

BJ I think is everyone’s fear. Guy is just so talented on both ends of the floor.