SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-13, 0-6) vs KC (7-12, 3-3) 1/19 7 pm

SWSiouxMN

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Chuck the ... " ... < checks notes > ... um, what are basketballs made of these days? 

I think composite leather..... I'm all for chucking the pigskin and launching 3's. But when that is all you do, it is easy to gameplan for as a defense and take away. I will put my life savings on it that all Oral Roberts is talking about in film and practice today is that they need to take away the 3 and it won't even be a competition. UND needs to find a way to get more easy buckets to go along with the 3's. Hence up the tempo and get more easy points in transition. 

4 hours ago, Kab said:

With Norman, Trey, T, Omot

they can alll make the 3

better than try forcing it down low

the down low will open up as teams go out to defend the 3

amazing what an offense can do when you don't throw away about a half dozen possessons throwing it in to TT just for him to miss three footers....he looked great popping in threes and short rangers....

Obviously shooting from the outside was incredible and probably not repeatable.  We were shooting almost all 3’s at a clip of 70 percent in the first half for a while.  The difference was better and faster ball movement than we have had all year and keeping more than one shooter on the floor.  Not surprisingly having better looks increased our shooting percentage.  It is obvious teams give brooks and Trent 10 feet of space and dare them to shoot.  Putting Norman and trey on the floor at the same time has been long missing for this team. Hoping that continues going forward.  I still can’t figure out the Sueker issue.  We have had games where we struggle to get 50 points in a game total and Mitchell, who can score, gets 3 minutes of playing time.  Besides back to the basket, Mitchell has abilities T and Matthew’s just don’t have… and a good basketball IQ…. Not saying Sueker is the answer to everything either but I can’t believe that anyone thinks T and Matthew’s give us a dominant inside scoring presence….  Gotta Credit T for his 3 shooting tonight though…

31 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Obviously shooting from the outside was incredible and probably not repeatable.  We were shooting almost all 3’s at a clip of 70 percent in the first half for a while.  The difference was better and faster ball movement than we have had all year and keeping more than one shooter on the floor.  Not surprisingly having better looks increased our shooting percentage.  It is obvious teams give brooks and Trent 10 feet of space and dare them to shoot.  Putting Norman and trey on the floor at the same time has been long missing for this team. Hoping that continues going forward.  I still can’t figure out the Sueker issue.  We have had games where we struggle to get 50 points in a game total and Mitchell, who can score, gets 3 minutes of playing time.  Besides back to the basket, Mitchell has abilities T and Matthew’s just don’t have… and a good basketball IQ…. Not saying Sueker is the answer to everything either but I can’t believe that anyone thinks T and Matthew’s give us a dominant inside scoring presence….  Gotta Credit T for his 3 shooting tonight though…

Sueker is a complete L defensively and his offense certainly doesn’t make up for that. Have the time if he gets a touch the ball is dead to the rest of the team at that point. 

• Upvote 1