SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-12, 0-5) @ DU (10-9, 1-5) 1/14 2 PM

SWSiouxMN

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Yes, telling people to use the proper channels which could help expedite any sort of change is changing the subject. 

I'm just got going to sit and anonymously bash. Not my style nor does it accomplish anything. But if that's what you feel is going to make a difference, have at it. My commentary has been made with my name behind it to people within UND.

As for the quality of coach he is, it is what it is. As is their record this year. I don't think they correlate as much as you do, but who knows. I do assume you'll have your resume dusted off and get things turned around quickly when the time comes. Everyone here wants to see the teams be successful. 

I have sent Chaves emails and he does answer.  Sent one to get the students moved.  He said at that time it wasn’t being looked at.  The next year they were moved.

1 minute ago, Kab said:

I have sent Chaves emails and he does answer.  Sent one to get the students moved.  He said at that time it wasn’t being looked at.  The next year they were moved.

I have sent him respectful/professional emails and he hasn’t answered. Not sure what to tell you. I’ve used these channels that Jdub is saying to use but get no response back. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Yes, telling people to use the proper channels which could help expedite any sort of change is changing the subject. 

I'm just got going to sit and anonymously bash. Not my style nor does it accomplish anything. But if that's what you feel is going to make a difference, have at it. My commentary has been made with my name behind it to people within UND.

I am going to explain this one time for you:

This is a discussion forum.

-We celebrate victories together.

-We mourn losses together.

-We vent our frustrations to people that (more or less) share those frustrations.

-And (with the exception of the Bison trolls), we want UND's programs (all of them) to be successful.

Do I always agree with what is posted on here? Of course not. There are a wide variety of people following UND athletics and you will invariably get multiple answers to the same topic. But do I scold and preach to them that they shouldn't post comments on here because it won't do any good? Absolutely not.

If you think any of the above things are going to change because you feel that it doesn't accomplish anything, you are going to be disappointed. If all the venting and commentary bothers you, you know where the door is. Nobody is forcing you to stick around.

As for UND's problems across the board, I think the appropriate target is NOT Chaves, it's Armacost. As @SiouxVolley (RIP) used to point out to all of us, it is the College Presidents that dictate policy and direction in athletics. If Armacost does not think that athletics is a crucial component to the health and success of the University as a whole, then it doesn't matter what anyone else does or doesn't do. It all starts at the top.

Here is President Armacost's office phone and e-mail:

(701) 777-2121

andrew.armacost@und.edu

It would be most helpful if contributors who live outside of our immediate region (North and South Dakota and Minnesota) would send e-mails as well. It would make it very clear to President Armacost that UND stakeholders from all over are greatly concerned about the direction of intercollegiate athletics at the University of North Dakota and we would like a commitment from the President's Office to change that.

I said before, any changes Chaves wants to make would be coming thru Armacost, especially for buy outs 

Chaves is still the day to day person and unless he brings things to Armacost nothing changes 

Armacost is a straight shooter and employees love him unlike other presidents 

• Like 2

On 1/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

2 point loss

1 point loss

6 point loss

7 point loss

All those games have one thing in common. All were losses!!! Doesn't matter if you lose by 2 or 10 or 20 you still lost. 2-22 over two years in conference play is unacceptable.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

All those games have one thing in common. All were losses!!! Doesn't matter if you lose by 2 or 10 or 20 you still lost. 2-22 over two years in conference play is unacceptable.

Other teams, media people, and other fans don't even view UND as being a part of the Summit League anymore. They talk about the Summit being a 9 team league. It is just sad how nobody even remotely respects UND Men's basketball anymore. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Other teams, media people, and other fans don't even view UND as being a part of the Summit League anymore. They talk about the Summit being a 9 team league. It is just sad how nobody even remotely respects UND Men's basketball anymore. 

Where did you come up that fact?

27 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Or maybe they're living in a pre-St. Thomas world still. 

33 minutes ago, Kab said:

Where did you come up that fact?

On a Twitter live the other day talking about the Summit league. I can't remember who it was, but a media person for another Summit school made a comment how it's a 9 team league and that there are 9 teams that could compete for a Summit championship. Nobody respects UND.

Also, you really think any other teams or their fanbases fear or even respect playing UND?? NO! They view it as a easy W. And rightfully so based off our 2-22 record in conference the last two years. Everybody chalks it up as a W before the game even happens. Watching the Denver game on Saturday they are dunking the ball and clowning the UND players and bench. They don't respect us. And that's the next worst team in the league.

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or maybe they're living in a pre-St. Thomas world still. 

I'll ask anybody in here this, why should they respect UND as a Division 1 team right now? Could UND even be a middle of the pack team in the NSIC right now? I would have to say probably not. They would be lower end of that conference. UND is not viewed as a D1 program at the moment and haven't been for at least 2 years. The basketball program is in such a deep hole that it is going to be so hard to get out of. And it is only getting worse with Sather at the helm. 

4 hours ago, GoHawks said:

No arguments here.

Had too many of THESE types of games where you walk away going:  How did UND NOT win that?