SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-1) vs Pacific (1-1) 11/15 7PM

SWSiouxMN

14 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

Brian,  what have you been up to?

Funny guy lol Jones wasn't the best coach ever either but the teams he had and what they were able to accomplish are night and day between what Sather has brought in and what they have accomplished. I mean, what has Sather accomplished?? Other than the first year when he was saved by Marlon Stewart and Rebracha (Jones's guys) he has accomplished nothing but be one of the worst D1 basketball teams in the nation. Not just in our conference but in the nation!! But everyone wants to make excuses and let it pass by as a 'rebuilding year'..... just sad. 

5 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Funny guy lol Jones wasn't the best coach ever either but the teams he had and what they were able to accomplish are night and day between what Sather has brought in and what they have accomplished. I mean, what has Sather accomplished?? Other than the first year when he was saved by Marlon Stewart and Rebracha (Jones's guys) he has accomplished nothing but be one of the worst D1 basketball teams in the nation. Not just in our conference but in the nation!! But everyone wants to make excuses and let it pass by as a 'rebuilding year'..... just sad. 

I'm sure it will get better once they let him go and some other guy comes in.. UND will jump right to the top of the conference then.

14 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Sather's first mostly Jones guys.  Sather had a better record than Jones.  Next is covid and the changes in the transfer portal.  Just chill and improvements in the rest of the season.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Sather's first mostly Jones guys.  Sather had a better record than Jones.  Next is covid and the changes in the transfer portal.  Just chill and improvements in the rest of the season.

Alright I will listen to you and @SD UND and let the team be the worst in the nation for another year and watch the same old style of basketball with 100 fans in the Betty. I will continue to accept that that is what UND basketball is and will continue to be under Sather. I'm glad you guys talked me into it!!

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Alright I will listen to you and @SD UND and let the team be the worst in the nation for another year and watch the same old style of basketball with 100 fans in the Betty. I will continue to accept that that is what UND basketball is and will continue to be under Sather. I'm glad you guys talked me into it!!

Do you post in another thread under a different name?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Do you post in another thread under a different name?

I wish I did!! I just want UND basketball to turn it around and stop being one of the worst teams in the nation. The team this year has a lot of promise to be competitive and have a solid year. Sather needs to make adjustments though. I am sick of seeing the same thing year after year with him. 

22 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

You literally said, " And I can assure you that almost every college basketball team in the nation is playing 10-12 guys right now" then I show you that teams aren't doing that and you backtrack. We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Either way, it is very obvious that Sather needs to make some changes in the way he coaches this team if we want to be competitive. 

3 or 4 teams isn't a very big sample size.

32 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

3 or 4 teams isn't a very big sample size.

Alright next time I will Google every single college basketball team and list every single one that plays less than 10 guys.... It was a quick example of top teams and how they don't play 10-12 guys in a first half like Sather has decided to do this year.

57 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Alright next time I will Google every single college basketball team and list every single one that plays less than 10 guys.... It was a quick example of top teams and how they don't play 10-12 guys in a first half like Sather has decided to do this year.

Do you think that had anything to do with getting beat by 20?? Do you think it had anything to do with it being the 3rd game of the season? Do you think it has anything to do with being a young team that needs guys to define/fill roles? 

There isn't a coach in college basketball that "wants " to play 12 guys in a half. 8-9 guys will fill the majority of the minutes by the end of the year.

Is it frustrating to lose at home by 30? yes. Was it to a much improved WCC team? yes. Should we all overreact and jump off a cliff and fire the coach mid-season? no.

Relax, pal.

12 minutes ago, SD UND said:

Do you think that had anything to do with getting beat by 20?? Do you think it had anything to do with it being the 3rd game of the season? Do you think it has anything to do with being a young team that needs guys to define/fill roles? 

There isn't a coach in college basketball that "wants " to play 12 guys in a half. 8-9 guys will fill the majority of the minutes by the end of the year.

Is it frustrating to lose at home by 30? yes. Was it to a much improved WCC team? yes. Should we all overreact and jump off a cliff and fire the coach mid-season? no.

Relax, pal.

Alright pal. We are on the same team here. We can come back to this at the end of the season and see if anything changed from now until the end, in terms of coaching style and decisions by Sather and his staff. My money would be on probably not. I hope I am wrong though. That would be something I am willing to lose my money on. 

First. Creighton and Pacific played real good against us.

we will some games

am I optimistic  - not really

am I frustrated - yes

any short term solutions - not really

the bar has to be higher than just reaching the conference tournament 

patience - will need  - not very good with it

rebuilding - shouldn’t be every year

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

First. Creighton and Pacific played real good against us.

we will some games

am I optimistic  - not really

am I frustrated - yes

any short term solutions - not really

the bar has to be higher than just reaching the conference tournament 

patience - will need  - not very good with it

rebuilding - shouldn’t be every year

Everyone makes the conference tournament this year... so i guess we have that going for us.    This is going to be a long year.  My biggest fear is BJ will get tired of losing and transfer out.  He is the one bright spot I see on this team and the future.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Everyone makes the conference tournament this year... so i guess we have that going for us.    This is going to be a long year.  My biggest fear is BJ will get tired of losing and transfer out.  He is the one bright spot I see on this team and the future.  

Spot on. I'm worried we won't be able to keep him either. I'm worried of the same thing for Brooks and Trent as well. 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:56 PM, SWSiouxMN said:

Make half of those missed bunnies and half of those missed free throws and that 12 points.

UND left a TON of points on the floor

I think this has been UND's problem under Sather. Very little scoring/poor shooting.  All three games this year can't seem to throw it in the ocean. They even get to the rim and still cant convert.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Spot on. I'm worried we won't be able to keep him either. I'm worried of the same thing for Brooks and Trent as well. 

They have to realize they’re part of the solution to win. But if we do lose multiple of those 3 or even just 1 really then I think it may be time.