SiouxSports.com Forum

Week #4....The Devils and Vegas....

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

But those 5 crappy games can cost us a tournament bid. 

Four of those are against teams who are going to be near the top of the PWR. ASU could find itself as a TUC. Can they cost us a bid? Sure. We know one bad game early can do that, but none of those three losses are really THAT bad.

At the end of the day, get wins and we'll be fine. This is literally all this conversation, from my end, has been about. It's OVERREACTION. We're 7 games in. If this game in Vegas nips us in the butt at the end of the year, I'll eat my words. I do not think this will be a big deal. 

This might have been posted already but I'm not going to read 29 pages to find out. Win one more of the games against QU or minnie and the record is 4-2-1. No pitchforks. Lose one more of those games and it's 2-4-1. Pitchforks everywhere. I gotta think those two teams are going to be very high PWR when the tournament rolls around. The ASU loss was not pretty but the sky is not falling. Seems like there was a season (under Hak) when they had a losing record (or right about .500) at Christmas and then only lost a few games the rest of the year. I think that's the kind of team this will be.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Four of those are against teams who are going to be near the top of the PWR. ASU could find itself as a TUC. Can they cost us a bid? Sure. We know one bad game early can do that, but none of those three losses are really THAT bad.

At the end of the day, get wins and we'll be fine. This is literally all this conversation, from my end, has been about. It's OVERREACTION. We're 7 games in. If this game in Vegas nips us in the butt at the end of the year, I'll eat my words. I do not think this will be a big deal. 

We’ve seen this before from Berry’s team’s. The sweep from canisius in 18-19 is what kept us out and the loss and tie to Union and the tie to Alaska the year before was not helpful either. Call it an overreaction if you want to but it’s been seen before. Does the team have time to turn it around? You damn right they do but they need to figure it out quickly because now it’s conference play and you know every team is being their A game (which we have lacked the last 4 weeks).

59 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

This might have been posted already but I'm not going to read 29 pages to find out. Win one more of the games against QU or minnie and the record is 4-2-1. No pitchforks. Lose one more of those games and it's 2-4-1. Pitchforks everywhere. I gotta think those two teams are going to be very high PWR when the tournament rolls around. The ASU loss was not pretty but the sky is not falling. Seems like there was a season (under Hak) when they had a losing record (or right about .500) at Christmas and then only lost a few games the rest of the year. I think that's the kind of team this will be.

I sure hope you are right but why does that have to be our programs MO?