SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMN - Sat Night Redemption (hopefully)

brianvf

Would be fine if Pitlick doesn't make the trip as his head is too big to fit on the airplane.

Let him on the plane! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pitlick's energy in this series. He's a real playmaker and was hustling everywhere.

Here's hoping he has lots of reasons to (but doesn't) throw his stick next weekend!

Yeah the guy just made a dumb mistake. He sounds like a good kid and he’s a great player. I’m sure what he had to hear from his coaches and teammates, as well as getting absolutely torched on social media, is punishment enough. Let him try and redeem himself this weekend and the rest of the year. Calling it right now, we meet North Dakota in the tournament, Pitlick scores in OT and tosses his stick into the crowd.

This is from Gopher Puck Live forum...............

On 10/24/2022 at 11:55 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The best part is at 1:02:xx when they are saying "that's not a face mask!" as Kunz's cage is completely sideways.

Absolute clown show. It's not even remotely debatable. As soon as the ref sees that, it's a five. No questions asked. Clymer was absolutely horrendous all weekend.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Would be fine if Pitlick doesn't make the trip as his head is too big to fit on the airplane.

Let him on the plane! I'm looking forward to seeing more of Pitlick's energy in this series. He's a real playmaker and was hustling everywhere.

Here's hoping he has lots of reasons to (but doesn't) throw his stick next weekend!

Yeah the guy just made a dumb mistake. He sounds like a good kid and he’s a great player. I’m sure what he had to hear from his coaches and teammates, as well as getting absolutely torched on social media, is punishment enough. Let him try and redeem himself this weekend and the rest of the year. Calling it right now, we meet North Dakota in the tournament, Pitlick scores in OT and tosses his stick into the crowd.

If UND and MN meet in the Tournament, I would say pretty high odds that a stick or sticks gets tossed into the crowd, after the game is over.

On 10/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, farce poobah said:

I'll put these two together and note the last time the Sioux and Gophers played exhibition games was 1978-1979.   Friday night in Minot and Saturday night in Eveleth for the US Hockey Hall of Fame.   One long brawl, since the games didn't count and you got to send a message..  ( I Don't think that much brawling would happen in 2024-2025.)

And, yeah, those were the first two games with Gino Gasparini as head coach.  

Howard Walker could deliver that message back in the day.  Must have been some brawl.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:04 PM, Sweethockey said:

Most of it’s true, I’ve heard he’s a good kid. Maybe a bit immature. Second period bud, second period. He’ll learn from it.