SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I don't remember when exactly it was (sometime in 3rd of 4th quarter) where I thought a fake punt was almost the obvious call (because we were trying to get back in the game) and we didn't do it, probably because SDSU was almost expecting it.  That's my take.  I didn't look at the line-up formations for that play (and even if I had, it wouldn't mean anything to me as non-player / fan only), so maybe there would be some tell-tale sign(s) either way if someone with a knowing mind did look at it.

Agreed, I though the same thing late in the game, and I think it was like 4th and 14 or something. It would have been a stretch, but I wondered the same at that point.

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, I though the same thing late in the game, and I think it was like 4th and 14 or something. It would have been a stretch, but I wondered the same at that point.

Yep, that's the down I'm thinking of.  Now that you reminded me of the distance to the line to gain, it seems more obvious why they didn't go through with it.

On 10/19/2022 at 11:59 AM, Dustin said:

Besides you guys, the best person I can have decent discussion of FCS football is a DIE-HARD Bison fan (I say die-hard because he's not going to be fair weather when the tides turn).  Even my dad, a long-ago UND alum, who taught me to be a Sioux fan from birth, barely even mentions football, and is seemingly just as likely to bring up NDSU.  We need some statement wins, and one of them will need to be against the Bison.

So as it turns out the die-hard Bison fan was at this game with his brother (his brother went to undergrad at SDSU and grad school at UND), and he was definitely impressed with Schuster's first drive carving up the Jacks D.  Made him nervous for the game in Fargo.  But he's kind of a nervous Nelly and is always paranoid the Bison are going to lose but they never do, so that has to be taken with a grain of salt.  Also, unbeknownst to me, my dad was at the game - his first in quite some time.

• Upvote 3