SiouxSports.com Forum

The Golden Arm #4

JBB

Once again you attempt to assume the responsibility only known by the esteemed members of the Committee of the Golden Arm. Your preens and chatterings are amusing at best since it is well known that the premise of the Prestigious Golden Arm is the competition between that Perennial Harlon Hill favorite and Champion of the uendd football fortunes Kelby Klosterman and the blue collar workmanlike Graig Gorder of the NDSU BISON Football Club. To try and continue the exalted competition beyond its intended purpose is only an attempt to single out those victories that may or may not have been enjoyed by those claiming your banner.

Its well noted that the skillful satisfactions enjoyed by the NDSU Standard Bearer Graig Gorder have been well rewarded with Golden Arm honors much to the astonishment of those in Grand Forks that regularly touted the superiority of their champion to the region and the country. Their very attitude was a cankerous and shameful blight on the pure sportsmanship of the game. It was this very attitude that gave rise to the award that has now been most assuredly dominated during its rightful moment and after, as you have so obediently pointed out, by that universally respected player from the NDSU Football Club, Graig Gorder.

It is my duty as the Master of the Golden Arm Committee to deny this unauthorized debasement of the awarding of the Golden Arm as completely and undeniably unofficial, if not in its entirety correct and well deserving.

There's that echo of an awards committee that doesn't exist again.

Kinda spooky. It must be a Halloween thing. :p

And JBB, I like you much better when you post things like

I dont think there is going to be any BISON revenge.  I dont think the present coach is going to be able to bring this back.  Its 1965 in Bisonland again.  This program has to be rebuilt from the ground up.  Its lost its luster and tradition.

at http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...065896;start=15

You know, you don't have to pull the thesaurus out to post over here. Most of us eschew sesquipedalian obfuscation. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Whew, an unusually good outing for Gorder this week:

Bowenkamp 36/54 515yds 3TD 4INT

Gorder 27/42 416yds 4TD 2INT

Gotta give the edge to Bowenkamp's record-setting performance with a slightly better accuracy and way more yards, though 1 less TD (and what's up with those INT's? I guess that's why UND loses).

The Golden Arm Award, # 5:

Since loyal fans across the nation will not let the mighty and prestigious Golden Arm Award die the National Committee has decided to grace the OFFICIAL honour for one last time.

Started by Shoutin

Golden Arm #6:

As many of you know the Golden Arm is a national award presented on discussion forums across the nation. It is posted here as a convenience to all of you fans in Grand Forks. It seems nobody in the nation wants to see the Golden Arm die out. The email responses to grant the award for this final week of play were so overwhelming that the Esteemed Golden Arm Committee readily agreed.

Started by Shoutin

Congratulations Graig on a great season.

Yes, congratulations on a great 2 and 8 season. :D

The smartest thing I've heard Scott Miller say in a long time was Saturday night in the Bison FB postgame. (I turned that on to find a final score.)

What'd Miller say (paraphrased)?

"Hopefully, NDSU's starting QB next year is playing at a JUCO somewhere right now."