SiouxSports.com Forum

Men's BB

UND Fan

I believe Lindahl (Cando), Dobmeier (Fargo South) and Adam Jacobson (Shanley) all came out of high school the same year, and it appeared all would have outstanding college careers. Unfortunately, none of them has really performed up to expectations IMO. Lindahl has clearly been the best of the three, and does have an all-conference selection to his credit, but he's still got to be considered an under-achiever thus far considering his 6'10" height and shooting ability. At least he has another year to go (as does Jacobson) due to having taken a red-shirt year, but Lindahl's defense and Jacobson's offense have a long way to go to be considered anything other than at least somewhat disappointing. I'm not sure whether Dobmeier's problems were injury-related, weight-related, or something else altogether, but he certainly hasn't been the explosive athlete and scorer in college that he was at Fargo South.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never really expected much of Dobmeier. He's only about 6'0 and not very quick. I alway figured he'd be like a Scott Mzrjkak (sp), who will hit an occasional 3 now and then. I think Jacobsen has been the biggest disappointment. For a guy who started a handful of games for UNI as a redshirt freshman I figured he'd be an all-conference caliber player for the Sioux by his junior year.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys realize that these players are "Students"..Its frustrating to read the opinions of a few...Nobody wants to win more or tries harder then The Coaching Staff,and Players...Coach Glas is currently , 10 wins away from being the all time winngest Mens coach in History..He will break Coach Gunthers record next year and Gunther is a LEGEND!..Maybe we should just buy our Tickets,watch the game as entertainment,which it should be and relax...I really enjoy a double header B-Ball Games...better than any movie

Do you guys realize that these players are "Students"..Its frustrating to read the opinions of a few...Nobody wants to win more or tries harder then The Coaching Staff,and Players...Coach Glas is currently , 10 wins away from being the all time winngest  Mens coach in History..He will break Coach Gunthers record next year and Gunther is a LEGEND!..Maybe we should just buy our Tickets,watch the game as entertainment,which it should be and relax...I really enjoy a double header B-Ball Games...better than any movie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad that you enjoy going to the games, because to me it appeared that everyone else at the Ralph this weekend was held there hostage. We have possession in a tie game against Duluth and there was no energy in the arena!! Kudos to you for taking interest.....let's hope everyone else does.

Do you guys realize that these players are "Students"..Its frustrating to read the opinions of a few...Nobody wants to win more or tries harder then The Coaching Staff,and Players...Coach Glas is currently , 10 wins away from being the all time winngest  Mens coach in History..He will break Coach Gunthers record next year and Gunther is a LEGEND!..Maybe we should just buy our Tickets,watch the game as entertainment,which it should be and relax...I really enjoy a double header B-Ball Games...better than any movie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not questioning Glas' intentions, im sure he wants to win.. I am simply raising the question on whether or not anyone thinks he is part of the reason for the lack of consistant success...be it in the conference or region. It is great that he has nearly as many wins as gunthers...but doesnt answer the question if he has done a poor job in getting all the talent outta the team that was there. COULD he have passed the mark 2 years ago?:0

it was a question for debate...based on trends...i simply put it out there as a point of discussion for mens bball.

We all like the sioux.......this discussion board can get deeper than rah rah...try hard.

"You want be on that Wall..You need me on that Wall...We use words like Honor, Courage,and you use them as a punch line, you think you are entitled,I dont care what your entitled,I would rather you grab a gun and stand a post,or just say thank you!

I wish Jack was a Sioux Fan then he could take a 5 iron to your Car Windshield!

All you guys would gain alot of crediability if you did not hide behind your Screen Names?

Do you know of what you speak? I dont believe so......Mike

"You want be on that Wall..You need me on that Wall...We use words like Honor, Courage,and you use them as a punch line, you think you are entitled,I dont care what your entitled,I would rather you grab a gun and stand a post,or just say thank you!

I wish Jack was a Sioux Fan then he could take a 5 iron to your Car Windshield!

All you guys would gain alot of crediability if you did not hide behind your Screen Names?

Do you know of what you speak? I dont believe so......Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Note to self--if I ever go to Dagwood's, make sure to use a rental car or let somebody else drive!

Yeah, one more reason not to go to Dagwoods, but then I guess I have no credibility. :0 So if having board names makes everything said on here have no credibility, why do you waste your time on here? Heck, why even respond? I guess next time anyone has an opinion on BB, we should ask ol'dags if it is ok as he is the BB guru.

Yeah, one more reason not to go to Dagwoods, but then I guess I have no credibility. :0 So if having board names makes everything said on here have no credibility, why do you waste your time on here? Heck, why even respond? I guess next time anyone has an opinion on BB, we should ask ol'dags if it is ok as he is the BB guru.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, I'm not sure how revealing one's real name gives them more credibility either.

New regional rankings

North Central

1 Metropolitan State 15-2 20-2

2 Nebraska-Omaha 12-3 20-4

3 Minnesota State Mankato 13-4 19-5

4 Fort Lewis 12-3 17-4

5 North Dakota 13-5 20-6

6 Nebraska-Kearney 14-5 18-5

7 South Dakota 10-5 19-5

8 St. Cloud State 13-5 18-6

9 Colorado Christian 13-5 18-5

10 Winona State 10-4 17-9

Sioux move up 1. Mankato does not move despite losing 2 this past weekend?? It will be tough for the Sioux to move ahead of Ft. Lewis in the region, the 4 teams they have left have won a combined 21 games this year, including winless Colorado-Colorado Springs and 2-win Adams St. They play in the half of the RMAC that is an absolute joke.

the thing that isnt good about this is the fact the NSIC will get one team who is not ranked in the top eight....so i am guessing...SC St, USD, or UND will get left out...you do not want to leave it to the committee...so a win and a split on the season with USD will be HUGE on Sat!!!!!

Good ol' Richie sure got the boys ready for the game Saturday in Vermillion. It was an embarrassment to be in the stands for that one. I don't think the team could play any worse. Other that the first and last three minutes of the game, it was almost unimaginable. No hustle, no rebounding, getting beat back on transition defense constantly and the worst part was the offense. Everyone stood around like they had never played the game before...no ball movement, no screens, no cutting to the basket. When the end of the bench finally came in, the regular rotation had 39 points in 37 minutes. The players were hanging their heads before halftime. Once again, Glas had a team underachieve when it really mattered.

Good ol' Richie sure got the boys ready for the game Saturday in Vermillion. It was an embarrassment to be in the stands for that one.  I don't think the team could play any worse.  Other that the first  and last three minutes of the game, it was almost unimaginable.  No hustle, no rebounding, getting beat back on transition defense constantly and the worst part was the offense.  Everyone stood around like they had never played the game before...no ball movement, no screens, no cutting to the basket.  When the end of the bench finally came in, the regular rotation had 39 points in 37 minutes. The players were hanging their heads before halftime. Once again, Glas had a team underachieve when it really mattered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is discouraging to me, aside from the obvious of the terrible performance against USD, is that we are probably looking at either a 7-5 or 6-6 NCC record this season. While that's not terrible, the discouraging part is that this rather average conference record is occurring in what appears to be an "up" year based on the experience and talent level of this team compared to last year, and compared to what next year looks like on paper. I don't pretend to know what the answer is, but with the NCC title dryspell about to hit 10 years, I'm to the point of just accepting that UND men's basketball will be a generally competitive team, will win 15-20 games per year, and will hopefully not have any behavioral problems on the team, but will not be an Elite 8 or even NCC championship-type team anytime soon.

MENS REGIONAL RANKING 2-23-05

North Central

1 Nebraska-Omaha 13-3 21-4

2 Metropolitan State 16-3 21-3

3 Minnesota State Mankato 14-4 20-5

4 Fort Lewis 14-3 19-4

5 Nebraska-Kearney 16-5 20-5

6 South Dakota 11-5 20-5

7 St. Cloud State 14-5 19-6

8 North Dakota 13-6 20-7

9 Winona State 12-4 19-9

10 Colorado Christian 13-7 18-7