Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

SATURDAY AT THE Q


Oxbow6
 Share

Recommended Posts

There was quite a bit of doom and gloom in this forum last night and frankly I may have been one as well had I post...  That being said, I think that the boys played a whole different game tonight.  I keep forgetting how young this team is and that it may take until halfway through the season for them to completely gel.  I think a split versus a very talented team this early in the season on the road is a very promising sign.  

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bubbs:

-We responded.  Knew we would.  First five minutes were good.  We were accountable.

-The Q is good, and experienced. 

-Dane Montgomery played well.

-Happy for Ford.  Team loves the guy.

-Defended pretty well the last little bit.

-Greasy hard road win.  This is how they'll have to play to win games this year. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Bubbs:

-We responded.  Knew we would.  First five minutes were good.  We were accountable.

-The Q is good, and experienced. 

-Dane Montgomery played well.

-Happy for Ford.  Team loves the guy.

-Defended pretty well the last little bit.

-Greasy hard road win.  This is how they'll have to play to win games this year. 

Exactly how they’ll have to play to win games…high end O we’ve had the past two years is not here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Did Budy see much ice time? I can’t recall seeing him out there but I know he was dressed because I saw him in warmups. 

He had a scoring chance earlier in the game but he was on the 4th line and I think I heard they shortened the bench? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I just met Marc Chorney. I’m sitting at the bar after the game, minding my own business and he comes over and says, “Okay I gotta sit next to this North Dakota guy.” I say something complimentary about Quinnipiac and then mention how they have a player whose dad was an All-American at North Dakota. To which this guy says, “Oh, you don’t say?” And then Taylor is standing there and says, “You’re talking to him!” We all had a good laugh. Really nice guy. 

Ah, Taylor is a great guy. Met him after college a few years back at a charity hockey game. Went to go say hi and said “Thought I’d come over here to get away from the Gopher guys” - had a good laugh. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So I just met Marc Chorney. I’m sitting at the bar after the game, minding my own business and he comes over and says, “Okay I gotta sit next to this North Dakota guy.” I say something complimentary about Quinnipiac and then mention how they have a player whose dad was an All-American at North Dakota. To which this guy says, “Oh, you don’t say?” And then Taylor is standing there and says, “You’re talking to him!” We all had a good laugh. Really nice guy. 

Omg your a celebrity 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, willythekid said:

There was quite a bit of doom and gloom in this forum last night and frankly I may have been one as well had I post...  That being said, I think that the boys played a whole different game tonight.  I keep forgetting how young this team is and that it may take until halfway through the season for them to completely gel.  I think a split versus a very talented team this early in the season on the road is a very promising sign.  

 

After reading last nights posts, it sounded like UND had the worst team in all of college hockey and that maybe we should look to drop a couple of levels because our play was so bad.  I have read these same posts and comments in previous years and some times when I didn't know the score of the game I thought we must be behind by 5 goals, instead sometimes we were even leading.  It is going to take a bit with this many new players to come together.  We are not even to the end of October and the doom and gloom last night was ridiculous.  Good game tonight and let's get ready for Nashville!!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...