SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Game Day - NDSU vs UND at Alerus Center

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

In one of the earlier games this year we lined up a TE or someone with size in the backfield and when QV was on top of the pile he came and pushed him from behind to get an extra yard  or so.  I assumed that was part of the formation/play and thought it was creative.  We didn't do that in this situation and am wondering if the earlier TE push was ad lib but if we'd done it here we probably get the first down.

und doesn't utilize the TE....til we do ???

14 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Bubba is not stupid and I am offended…the new buzz word of 2021. Comments like this are not helping the program…. We all have a right to express our opinion but not to publicly defame someone. I am sure many of us would like to go back and change something we have done…let’s focus on the next game!

How do you feel about casually mentioning that a kid was "payed off"?  Comments like that helping the program? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NoDaks said:

Something that I thought on that 4th down, what a chance to sneak the TE out quick on play action (4th down play against USD in 2011 that went for a TD), bootleg, or even that jump pass we see every once in a great while. Everyone knew what was coming, try something different and fresh. 

Wasn't Cloyd running for a TD on 4th down not too long ago??

2 hours ago, NoDaks said:

Something that I thought on that 4th down, what a chance to sneak the TE out quick on play action (4th down play against USD in 2011 that went for a TD), bootleg, or even that jump pass we see every once in a great while. Everyone knew what was coming, try something different and fresh. 

Many, many years ago Rob Bollinger did that on 4th down from about the 1/2 yard line for a TD against NDSU.  Gutsy call.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

We all have a right to express our opinion but not to publicly defame someone.

2 hours ago, Irish said:

How do you feel about casually mentioning that a kid was "payed off"?  Comments like that helping the program? 

Defamation requires the statement to be false!!!!  Hoffa got to him.

Why did the NDSU commentators get to do the 30 minute pregame show before the game on Midco?  It wasn't aired on ESPN+ as the coverage didn't start on ESPN until right before the game, but Midco had a 30 minute pregame show with Brian Shawn and another NDSU guy.  And why did they get to do a halftime bit?  Did we get to do the pregame before the game in Fargo this spring, and did UND commentators get to do a halftime discussion?   Maybe they did, I can't remember.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Arm chair QB WR #5 should have turned facing the middle of the field rather than to the sideline.  He looks really unathletic that play. 

And 1 should have cut to the sideline instead of hiding behind the defender. Would’ve been an easy pitch and catch that way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Why did the NDSU commentators get to do the 30 minute pregame show before the game on Midco?  It wasn't aired on ESPN+ as the coverage didn't start on ESPN until right before the game, but Midco had a 30 minute pregame show with Brian Shawn and another NDSU guy.  And why did they get to do a halftime bit?  Did we get to do the pregame before the game in Fargo this spring, and did UND commentators get to do a halftime discussion?   Maybe they did, I can't remember.  

And this won't change until we put up or shut up and beat them.  I was pissed a few years ago when we played for the first time in years on KVLY, you know a North Dakota network, and the entire pregame/halftime/post game was NDSU....everything.....Bubba maybe got ten seconds......

God bless Brian and his cancer battle.  I hope that is going in his favor, and he is a super nice human being.  However, its not even close when he is on the mic in an NDSU/UND game in any setting.    

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Arm chair QB WR #5 should have turned facing the middle of the field rather than to the sideline.  He looks really unathletic that play. 

Maybe, but He made quick turn upfield and had step on defender and was open with good lead pass over dB. Had he continued to middle of the field he turns toward multiple defenders and clogs up an area that was open for Schuster to run for 3-4yds which he should have done. Schuster had room to run for first down.  Indecisive and rushed throw he wasn’t committed to. Unlike Schuster.  

20 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

The halftime bit wasn’t really skewed towards the Bison. Didn’t watch the pregame so that may have been about NDSU and I’d so UND should complain . Brian was a UND grad too

38 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Maybe, but He made quick turn upfield and had step on defender and was open with good lead pass over dB. Had he continued to middle of the field he turns toward multiple defenders and clogs up an area that was open for Schuster to run for 3-4yds which he should have done. Schuster had room to run for first down.  Indecisive and rushed throw he wasn’t committed to. Unlike Schuster.  

Disagree with that. The linebacker broke off coverage, came right at him and hit him right after he threw the ball. He closed very quick. I think the break in coverage is why he thought he could loft it up and it just sailed on him. Or he didn't see the safety and thought he was putting it in a spot where BB or no one would get it. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

I disagree on the run opening. They crashed to him hard. Zero chance he runs for that first down. If Belquist finds that soft spot to Schusters right instead of trying to go straight up field and it’s an easy toss to him for the first down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Disagree with that. The linebacker broke off coverage, came right at him and hit him right after he threw the ball. He closed very quick. I think the break in coverage is why he thought he could loft it up and it just sailed on him. Or he didn't see the safety and thought he was putting it in a spot where BB or no one would get it. 

Yeah you are right. I thought it was 3rd and 2. He wouldn’t have gotten 5. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to 2021 Game Day - NDSU vs UND at Alerus Center