Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Vegas 2022


 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Texted my booky. He said it’s at the big arena which should ensure most get tix

 

theybare Awaiting the nhl schedule to be set before this one gets a date

Speaking of bookies, will the early line on the game factor in the thousands of guaranteed UND bets? Hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone know how big the other schools ticket allotment typically is? Penn Stats at Nashville would likely be a good comparison as opposed to the Gophers in Vegas because of the arena size difference. T Mobile Arena holds 17,500 I believe article said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Discuss here.

Will they schedule it Halloween weekend?

Will ASU fans show up?

Will non-Champions Club fans get tickets this time?

What destination is next?

1. I hope not.

2. 2,000 I'd guess.

3. P p p pllease......

4. Gila River in AZ, tons of North Dakotans with homes in the Phx area.  Allegiant direct flights to Mesa from Fargo, Minot, Bismarck...not sure about Grand Forks.  Guaranteed sellout if Allegiant didn't go ridiculous on flight costs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Why don’t the nonchampions club members join the club? It may nit be a gobc but at least it’s a club

 

snd your only hurting the school by not joining them!!

*hurting the school's athletic department

If I donated to UND (as many in my family have), it would be for academics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that if you don't have a Champions club membership, and you are online the morning they go on sale to the general public, you shouldn't have problem getting tickets.  But, if you want to pretty much guarantee you get tickets, and get better seats, why not pay the $200 for a membership.  You could piss away 200 bucks in 10 minutes in Vegas.  At least this way you are getting something in return!! :D  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Wilbur said:

1. I hope not.

2. 2,000 I'd guess.

3. P p p pllease......

4. Gila River in AZ, tons of North Dakotans with homes in the Phx area.  Allegiant direct flights to Mesa from Fargo, Minot, Bismarck...not sure about Grand Forks.  Guaranteed sellout if Allegiant didn't go ridiculous on flight costs.  

I don't see a Phoenix game now that they are playing ASU in Vegas.   Opponent is a key

Some I could see

Vs Michigan in Chicago 

Vs Notre Dame in Tampa

Vs Air Force in Seattle 

Vs LIU in NYC

Vs Ohio St. In DC

Vs Wisconsin in Anaheim 

The trend has been for marquee names as the opponents, so I think you'll see primarily Big Ten teams, BC or ASU, barring some potential local connection like LIU. Other option is Ivy if the game is in December like MSG game was. Also helps to have notable UND alums connected to a lot of these (or in Tampa's case a UND title run).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Also, what's it gonna take to get a UND hockey jersey on the Statue of Liberty?!! :D

jersey.jpg

A few Jameson's, a distraction, and a window of opportunity......oh, you mean for the Casino to do it? 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 9:36 PM, nodakvindy said:

I don't see a Phoenix game now that they are playing ASU in Vegas.   Opponent is a key

Some I could see

Vs Michigan in Chicago 

Vs Notre Dame in Tampa

Vs Air Force in Seattle 

Vs LIU in NYC

Vs Ohio St. In DC

Vs Wisconsin in Anaheim 

The trend has been for marquee names as the opponents, so I think you'll see primarily Big Ten teams, BC or ASU, barring some potential local connection like LIU. Other option is Ivy if the game is in December like MSG game was. Also helps to have notable UND alums connected to a lot of these (or in Tampa's case a UND title run).

 

Sigh.....you're probably right.  Would be cool for them to play a northeastern team in Phoenix.  Every time we play golf in AZ the father in law and I get matched up with someone from Boston, Philly, NY, Jersey, etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Big nope to playing those Michigan a-holes until they finally grow a pair and willing to schedule a home/away series vs UND.

I agree with that sentiment, but UND will play anyone, so I see that as a possibility to play Michigan. No way I'd want to see a series in Ann Arbor though, without a series in GF first.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could play in Phoenix/Glendale if Arizona State brings back the Desert Hockey Classic.

They'll play in Tempe when they join the NCHC :wink:

Wonder if they bring back the Fortress Invitational (was Ice Vegas Invitational) in 2022 or wait until 2023

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Sigh.....you're probably right.  Would be cool for them to play a northeastern team in Phoenix.  Every time we play golf in AZ the father in law and I get matched up with someone from Boston, Philly, NY, Jersey, etc.  

A little disappointing they chose ASU for the Vegas game, almost any opponent would work in Vegas.  ASU would have been perfect for a Phoenix game or even a SoCal game.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Discuss here.

Will they schedule it Halloween weekend?

Will ASU fans show up?

Will non-Champions Club fans get tickets this time?

Yes - 10/29/22
They get 100 complimentary tickets, no word on the split of others.
Hopefully

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/7154661-Its-booked-UND-hockey-is-headed-back-to-Vegas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't wait.  Vegas 2018 was fantastic.  This will be even better on the strip.  I hope it sells out and there will be a solid 5000 tickets easily for non Champions Club members.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...