Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ James Madison Sunday May 2nd 5:00 PM Central Quarterfinals


SiouxFan100
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Simple question.....what's your expert solution at QB?  Your answer should be not longer than one word. 

If you are Danny, where do you attack this defense.  Next fall, this is what UND now will see a ton of. 

 

image.thumb.png.459e2ba2930b0107047285b717f4cd8b.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just made the mistake of reading the last 10 pages of this thread this morning. 
 

I enjoy the analyses that basically don’t acknowledge positive plays made by the offense. I.e. well that was a gadget play, so it doesn’t count. Or, the receiver was wide open, so that doesn’t count.  I also enjoy the critique of the quarterback for the plays that were never called.  
 

I just watched some film of a few NFL quarterbacks, disregarding all of their positive plays/drives, and made my assessment:

Joe Montana – horseshit  

Tom Brady – pathetic  

Drew Brees-hopeless

Dan Marino – Immobile loser  

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If you are Danny, where do you attack this defense.  Next fall, this is what UND now will see a ton of. 

 

image.thumb.png.459e2ba2930b0107047285b717f4cd8b.png

Drag route for the inside wr and literally any route from the outside wr. Chuck the pigskin baby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Drag route for the inside wr and literally any route from the outside wr. Chuck the pigskin baby.

Completely agree.  Complete a fade route or two on the outside and they have to adjust.  RB run and any type of WR screen is a non starter against this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If you are Danny, where do you attack this defense.  Next fall, this is what UND now will see a ton of. 

 

image.thumb.png.459e2ba2930b0107047285b717f4cd8b.png

No disrespect to your receivers because JMU has done the same thing to NDSU at times, but what does it tell you about the d coordinators opinion on your receivers if he’s willing to do this? It isn’t always as easy at it seems, the receivers have to be able to win those one on one matchups and maybe your O coordinator didn’t think they could.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

No disrespect to your receivers because JMU has done the same thing to NDSU at times, but what does it tell you about the d coordinators opinion on your receivers if he’s willing to do this? It isn’t always as easy at it seems, the receivers have to be able to win those one on one matchups and maybe your O coordinator didn’t think they could.

No doubt that is part of it, I think its lack of arm strength on QB part.  One good hitch in the step out wide and Maag would have separation at least for a few yards.  UND under Danny loves to run short passes to outside and screens, with tight man coverage, that is largely out the window.  You guys were the first team that played our receivers that tight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

If you are Danny, where do you attack this defense.  Next fall, this is what UND now will see a ton of. 

On the screen, that D?

Slot man reads the defender to his inside - if he blitzes it's quick slant, if not it's an out to the flat. Outside receiver runs skinny post or post-corner to clear the area for the flat route. The RB runs a wheel route the other way. TE reads the blitz and releases to the middle if he's not blocking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Drag route for the inside wr and literally any route from the outside wr. Chuck the pigskin baby.

Some more back shoulder throws outside. Those seemed to work when called, but was underutilized.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

No disrespect to your receivers because JMU has done the same thing to NDSU at times, but what does it tell you about the d coordinators opinion on your receivers if he’s willing to do this? It isn’t always as easy at it seems, the receivers have to be able to win those one on one matchups and maybe your O coordinator didn’t think they could.

Just like when Bo Belquist burned Hayes for an easy 6. That's what we need to do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, FlinFlan80 said:

Just like when Bo Belquist burned Hayes for an easy 6. That's what we need to do!

You really want to start this conversation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Belquist burned Hayes, get over it. 

Who’s denying it? Don’t talk !@#$ when you get your ass kicked, pretty simple rule in life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Who’s denying it? Don’t talk !@#$ when you get your ass kicked, pretty simple rule in life.

OK message board police.  Any other rules for an opposing fans message board?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UND1983 said:

OK message board police.  Any other rules for an opposing fans message board?

 

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Well at least we still know it’s true......that you could say something about NDSU in the middle of a forest.....and within minutes an NDSU fan would pop out of nowhere to set the record straight. 
 

God forbid NDSU doesn’t win the championship next year either, the NDSU police will be out in even more full force to protect and make sure not one slightly negative comment be uttered about their Bison. 

You mean the guy who literally quoted my post? Pardon me for continuing a conversation that I’m quoted in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Who’s denying it? Don’t talk !@#$ when you get your ass kicked, pretty simple rule in life.

I was simply stating a fact. Didn't say UND didn't get rolled that day, but while we are handing out life rules here's one: Don't expect people to take you seriously or like you on a UND message board with "bison" in your name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FlinFlan80 said:

I was simply stating a fact. Didn't say UND didn't get rolled that day, but while we are handing out life rules here's one: Don't expect people to take you seriously or like you on a UND message board with "bison" in your name.

Fine, to the original conversation then. You have slow receivers, it’s not a secret, pointing out a time where they happened to not look slow doesn’t change that. So your only point was to talk trash, at least admit it. So I responded in kind.

so if I changed my avatar on this board my opinion would be accepted differently. Same opinion, different name gets a different response? That’s an odd approach to talking football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

so if I changed my avatar on this board my opinion would be accepted differently. Same opinion, different name gets a different response? That’s an odd approach to talking football.

It absolutely does, until your true identity as a Bison fan manifests.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

It absolutely does, until your true identity as a Bison fan manifests.  

Attacking the messenger when you can’t find a flaw in the message.
To each his own I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Fine, to the original conversation then. You have slow receivers, it’s not a secret, pointing out a time where they happened to not look slow doesn’t change that. So your only point was to talk trash, at least admit it. So I responded in kind.

so if I changed my avatar on this board my opinion would be accepted differently. Same opinion, different name gets a different response? That’s an odd approach to talking football.

UND's WR > NDSU's WR.

 

Your answer: But Christian Watson blah blah blah. You can tell the kid is a cancer to the team culture and I'll quote this response when he enters the portal.

I'll still with our "slow" WR's.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...