Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

The all-new CCHA 2021-22


BigGreyAnt41
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, hky said:

I like Western's style of play. And Andy Murray.  

I think Murray is the biggest whiner in NCAA hockey.  I personally can't stand him.  He does have a lot of hockey knowledge, but the way he acts on every close call that goes against him makes me like it when he loses.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I think Murray is the biggest whiner in NCAA hockey.  I personally can't stand him.  He does have a lot of hockey knowledge, but the way he acts on every close call that goes against him makes me like it when he loses.

Don't be too tough on Coach Murrray; after all he is 138 years old.:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Goon said:

Western Michigan loves being in the NCHC and isn't going anywhere. If you don't believe me ask Adam Bodnar. Go ahead and ask him. :)

As far as Miami goes, do you really think they can just spend 1.5-2 million on an exit fee? I would really doubt it. Miami isn't going anywhere either. 

The polish omsbudman?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Really surprised by the pushback from my post. I thought that would have been the general consensus. For those against it, is it both Bemidji and Mankato for Western / Miami? Would you support a Miami for Mankato switch?

The NCHC was formed to compete with the Big 10 as the fear at the time was you would have big schools with big budgets and they would basically take over power in college hockey. That never came to fruition. The Big 10 is on the upswing, but we have enough data to know that the original fears will never truly materialize. 

Let's start over with Miami for Mankato. Who says no (outside of Bemidji and Western)? UND is trading one flight for a bus trip. NCHC Tournament there's one more team within close proximity. 

I will add that the administrations of many of the old WCHA schools in the NCHC were very upset with the small minded thinking in the teams left in the WCHA and what they could do as a voting block trying to reduce scholarships and such.  They were afraid of a Division 2 mindset after the teams bolted for the Big Ten. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Dumbest post of the year award

 

back to square one with little budget schools out numbering big budget schools on votes 

So are you going to pass on your numerous trophies you have achieved in this realm?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

"Omaha Coach Gabinet on line one for you Mr. Barn Guy."

I don’t see where this is necessarily accurate. All the pressers I have watched, he presents himself and his team as accountable and is very complimentary of other teams and coaches. That’s not to say he hasn’t made mistakes, but what young (and competitive) men don’t?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Dumbest post of the year award

 

back to square one with little budget schools out numbering big budget schools on votes 

Haha no, you have won that ten times over and it's only April.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

I don’t see where this is necessarily accurate. All the pressers I have watched, he presents himself and his team as accountable and is very complimentary of other teams and coaches. That’s not to say he hasn’t made mistakes, but what young (and competitive) men don’t?

No coach whines to the cameras at a presser. 

I watch bench demeanor and interaction with game officials. Gabinet doesn't do a good job of hiding his emotions. And no official has ever wondered what's on Gabinet's mind. He and Murray are open books behind the bench. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 11:57 AM, AJS said:

Really surprised by the pushback from my post. I thought that would have been the general consensus. For those against it, is it both Bemidji and Mankato for Western / Miami? Would you support a Miami for Mankato switch?

The NCHC was formed to compete with the Big 10 as the fear at the time was you would have big schools with big budgets and they would basically take over power in college hockey. That never came to fruition. The Big 10 is on the upswing, but we have enough data to know that the original fears will never truly materialize. 

Let's start over with Miami for Mankato. Who says no (outside of Bemidji and Western)? UND is trading one flight for a bus trip. NCHC Tournament there's one more team within close proximity. 

It was your inclusion of BSU. They're a fun little school and I love the local game but they don't typically have the budget or mindset to compete in the NCHC. 

Honestly, I don't expect any NCHC team to leave anytime soon. Some teams like Miami and CC have been struggling but I suspect they'll keep playing on.

 

If anything, I could see ASU and MSU joining as the 9th or 10th teams before anyone left or swapped out. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

It was your inclusion of BSU. They're a fun little school and I love the local game but they don't typically have the budget or mindset to compete in the NCHC. 

Honestly, I don't expect any NCHC team to leave anytime soon. Some teams like Miami and CC have been struggling but I suspect they'll keep playing on.

 

If anything, I could see ASU and MSU joining as the 9th or 10th teams before anyone left or swapped out. 

Bowling Green would also jump to the NCHC if given the opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I think Murray is the biggest whiner in NCAA hockey.  I personally can't stand him.  He does have a lot of hockey knowledge, but the way he acts on every close call that goes against him makes me like it when he loses.

100 percent! he's the worst

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, The Sicatoka said:

No coach whines to the cameras at a presser. 

I watch bench demeanor and interaction with game officials. Gabinet doesn't do a good job of hiding his emotions. And no official has ever wondered what's on Gabinet's mind. He and Murray are open books behind the bench. 

This ^^^^^ Gabinet is a “Richard” behind the bench

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2021 at 5:39 PM, Rebel_Sioux said:

It was your inclusion of BSU. They're a fun little school and I love the local game but they don't typically have the budget or mindset to compete in the NCHC. 

Honestly, I don't expect any NCHC team to leave anytime soon. Some teams like Miami and CC have been struggling but I suspect they'll keep playing on.

If anything, I could see ASU and MSU joining as the 9th or 10th teams before anyone left or swapped out. 

Hypothetical here. This happens. I know it’s common for football but does this split the conference into two divisions east and west or would they just keep it one 10 team conference? How would they maintain schedule integrity without adding games or taking away non cons to make it worthwhile?
 

Not sure I like the idea even as I type it, especially how this year went with so many games vs Omaha and DU, but it could be possible given healthy cross division series’ throughout a season. DU I didn’t mind so much by it was better competition than Omaha IMO tho. 
 

Just got me thinking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

First I don't think you will see any realignment happen for at least a few years, there are too many teams coming into college hockey, Augustina, Lindenwood are going to be coming in the next two years, Additionally UAH still has funding to restart the program once it can find a conference, TN State is looking, and of course there is the possibility that UAA may still get a chance to keep its program, along with UAF, and as much as some people are drooling over the Idea of Adding ASU I'm not a big fan of adding the Power Five schools until they have all given up on the idea of adding hockey to the PAC12 as a sponsored sport, as I think all in all the Big ten adding hockey has been a net negative. Besides if all the homeless schools were to come together they might be able to make a lifeboat conference until more schools add hockey, and then some real realignment could start to happen. For example if another Southern School adds hockey along with TN state, Then UNO, UAH Lindenwood might be able to create a southern Hockey Conference.  Additionally out west if schools like UNLV and AZU were to add hockey it could create some realignment potential, there is also the possibility of UW or Oregon adding hockey, which would be great for the AK schools.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...