Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Ohio Penguins to win The Valley


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Pretty soon the games will be virtual based on 40 times, agility tests, etc.  

Sadly that is the direction things are headed.  Pretty soon no one will be able to do anything unless there is 100% guarantee that nothing adverse could potentially happen to them once they leave their basement.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Win Nothing else matters. 

I didn’t realize how weak this conference was; no wonder NDSU cruises through it every year.    I feel like an ndSU fan at the moment; “everyone’s too scared to play us!”

What a bitch move by YSU.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What type of a conference do we have when teams can just quit with no adverse ramifications??

The league should cut a number of scholarships (8 seems appropriate) the following year for those programs quitting cause they are soft.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CMSioux said:

No matter what I think this was better than your regular spring ball - at least they got some game experience instead of just O vs D. 

^This   Yeah this last month has been a complete sh*t show, but no matter what I'd much rather our players get the experience they got in live games this spring, verses say Montana who sat out and had regular spring practice.  You can't tell me these live reps against good teams like SDSU and NDSU for positions like our OL and QB weren't invaluable no matter what happens?  With this wacky season........ just need to roll with the punches, and then get back to normal in the fall. The way it's looking we have a home playoff game, I'm just going to enjoy what we got, even though was pissed when saw the game this weekend was cancelled. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't a COVID casualty. Youngstown decided to bow out of the game due to injuries and the fact that the game meant nothing to them. Hard to be mad at them when literally every MVFC chose to quit once their playoff hopes were diminished. It's hilarious to listen to Fargo media dig into the fact that it has to do with COVID and injuries. No it has to do with the fact that they have the ability to do so. Why keep playing when you are playing for "nothing"? All the teams quitting are doing so once their playoff hopes are out the door.

 

I highly doubt UND is too concerned, besides the fact that they haven't played for so long. If we would have won this game, it wouldn't have rose our playoff standing at all. If we lost, we were barely in or out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to keep this in perspective, We had 3 games a the end either cancelled or rescheduled and some were due to UND Covid protocol.  UND  would have played some of these games if not for that.  Can't blame Youngstown for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Green said:

Youngstown really screwed us.  If they cancel earlier this Saturday  would be open for Missouri st to come here. 

I get the frustration and the desire to play, but it's too late to get MoState to GF for Saturday. Honestly, it was too late at noon Monday.

MoState has done no prep; they probably have been doing light drills and little contact this week knowing no game. It would not be fair to them on Wednesday night to tell them be in GF for a game Saturday afternoon. 

Put the blame where it goes: if YSU was going to bail they should've said so noon Sunday.

If YSU had done that, it would be up to the MVFC and fair to both teams should the league reschedule MoState @ UND. That said, there's no way knowing if the MVFC would've done the reschedule. My guess is they would not have. Why? Should UND lose at home the MVFC probably only gets two teams in; this way three teams in the playoffs is more likely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nd jg said:

Just to keep this in perspective, We had 3 games a the end either cancelled or rescheduled and some were due to UND Covid protocol.  UND  would have played some of these games if not for that.  Can't blame Youngstown for that.

Of the three games cancelled, two were straight up opt outs, one was rona related. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNDColorado said:

Of the three games cancelled, two were straight up opt outs, one was rona related. 

Yeah after getting back from the dirty hippie manure pit in fargo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I doubt we get a seed here, but I'll be interested to see if we are able to get a home game. We have seen just how important this is for UND. I'm definitely pulling for the Jacks this weekend, but not sure how that will impact home field advantage through the playoffs. 

In other words, if we had to play the Bison again, it would be nice to see them have to go to GF. What would need to happen for this? Are bids only for the first round? Is that being done differently this year because of Covid? I assume the top 4 seeds automatically get home field advantage throughout.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would make sense for the top 4 to get home field if they were on the list of sites. After that it must be bids? Even if the Bizun lose this weekend I can see them getting home games somehow. If they are not playing a seeded team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

So, I doubt we get a seed here, but I'll be interested to see if we are able to get a home game. We have seen just how important this is for UND. I'm definitely pulling for the Jacks this weekend, but not sure how that will impact home field advantage through the playoffs. 

In other words, if we had to play the Bison again, it would be nice to see them have to go to GF. What would need to happen for this? Are bids only for the first round? Is that being done differently this year because of Covid? I assume the top 4 seeds automatically get home field advantage throughout.

With SDSU only two spots ahead of us, I could see them dropping below us with a loss, meaning we move from 6th to 5th.  Weber is done with regular season games.  So that leaves JMU and Sam Houston who are ranked ahead of us (and NDSU who plays SDSU).  If one of those two teams loses, it might be possible for UND to get the 4th seed, I would think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

^This   Yeah this last month has been a complete sh*t show, but no matter what I'd much rather our players get the experience they got in live games this spring, verses say Montana who sat out and had regular spring practice.  You can't tell me these live reps against good teams like SDSU and NDSU for positions like our OL and QB weren't invaluable no matter what happens?  With this wacky season........ just need to roll with the punches, and then get back to normal in the fall. The way it's looking we have a home playoff game, I'm just going to enjoy what we got, even though was pissed when saw the game this weekend was cancelled. 

Oddly enough, Montana played a game against D2 Central Washington last week and play against Portland State this weekend. Not sure when they decided to try to get a few games under their belt, but I was suprised to see it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

So, I doubt we get a seed here, but I'll be interested to see if we are able to get a home game. We have seen just how important this is for UND. I'm definitely pulling for the Jacks this weekend, but not sure how that will impact home field advantage through the playoffs. 

In other words, if we had to play the Bison again, it would be nice to see them have to go to GF. What would need to happen for this? Are bids only for the first round? Is that being done differently this year because of Covid? I assume the top 4 seeds automatically get home field advantage throughout.

I think you guys are a fairly comfortable #4. The loser of the Marker game is going to get bounced out of the seeds. If JMU loses to Richmond(a good chance), and/or SHSU loses to Incarnate Word, you might even see #2 or #3. So if NDSU loses on Sat and is on the same side of the bracket as UND, a rematch could happen in GF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Big Green said:

It would be a 2 way tie under my senecio.  Missouri st and ndsu would have 2 losses.  UND and SDSU with 1 loss.  

Youngstown really screwed us.  If they cancel earlier this Saturday  would be open for Missouri st to come here. 

Tom Miller tweeted this was a non-starter.  The Al has Bull riders booked for this weekend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

I think you guys are a fairly comfortable #4. The loser of the Marker game is going to get bounced out of the seeds. If JMU loses to Richmond(a good chance), and/or SHSU loses to Incarnate Word, you might even see #2 or #3. So if NDSU loses on Sat and is on the same side of the bracket as UND, a rematch could happen in GF.

I will be surprised if the Marker game is played.  Everything to lose and nothing to gain.  The soft Valley precedent has been set.  But, if there are a few programs with the integrity and passion to play a game the Jacks/Bison rank high.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I will be surprised if the Marker game is played.  Everything to lose and nothing to gain.  The soft Valley precedent has been set.  But, if there are a few programs with the integrity and passion to play a game the Jacks/Bison rank high.

They'll play. As much as I despise NDSU, they are not a bunch of pussies and I respect that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn’t they have played game on Sunday after rodeo and that would of given Missouri State another day to get here. You would think Missouri State would of gone for it because I think they needed to play game because I think they are out of playoffs the way it stands 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Couldn’t they have played game on Sunday after rodeo and that would of given Missouri State another day to get here. You would think Missouri State would of gone for it because I think they needed to play game because I think they are out of playoffs the way it stands 

The problem with that is the selection show is Sunday morning. All picks will be make Saturday night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Tom Miller tweeted this was a non-starter.  The Al has Bull riders booked for this weekend.  

Play at Missouri st.  UND was already planing to travel.  it would give Missouri st a little extra time to prepare, as i would guess they have not done much this week.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Und246 said:

Couldn’t they have played game on Sunday after rodeo and that would of given Missouri State another day to get here. You would think Missouri State would of gone for it because I think they needed to play game because I think they are out of playoffs the way it stands 

Or we just could have gone there, we were supposed to be on the road anyways 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Play at Missouri st.  UND was already planing to travel.  it would give Missouri st a little extra time to prepare, as i would guess they have not done much this week.

 

 

I'm not so sure UND would be excited to play a defacto"playoff" game on the road against a team that is on the bubble. If UND loses, they very likely lose out on the real playoffs next week.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

I'm not so sure UND would be excited to play a defacto"playoff" game on the road against a team that is on the bubble. If UND loses, they very likely lose out on the real playoffs next week.  

I really hope this is not the case.  This attitude is almost as bad as Youngstown shutting it down for the season.  I'd much rather play a win and in game than not play for 5 weeks.  If you can't beat Missouri St on the road we shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway. 

Also winning on the road vs Missouri St would likely give them a seed in the playoffs. IMO

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...