Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Remainder of 2020 Spring Season and Potential Playoffs.


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

After some thought, I'm satisfied being co-conference Champs, first year in the league.  Provided we made a good bid we will most likely host EWU.  I have a bitter taste from the last time we played them.  Bring them to GF and whip some a$$.

I don't think we have ever beaten Eastern Washington? We owe them a beating!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a sneaking suspicion that there won’t be much in the way of legit statistical analysis on covid because it would reveal some unsavory things about our leaders and the directives and advice they

If we're going to track what is more/less now a common virus and cancel games for one player college sports will be a joke.  We used to glorify players for playing a game with the Flu (Jordan) and now

It is depressing. I just witnessed a guy walking alone outside my office wearing a mask. Not another person in sight. People have gone insane and the media fueled a lot of this.

Posted Images

Just now, UND Dood said:

I don't think we have ever beaten Eastern Washington? We owe them a beating!!

I know.  Our best opportunity. Was 2017 when we were all beaten up.  We played them at home last game of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So the more I think about it, the more I believe that even if Youngstown would have ended their season last Sunday giving UND and Missouri St. the chance to play this week, I don't think UND would have wanted to schedule a game against Missouri St this weekend.  At least they shouldn't have wanted to if they wanted to make the playoffs.  Think about it.  After Youngstown pulled the plug on their season (even if it was last Sunday) UND was co conference champions and basically a lock for the playoffs.  Only way that we don't make it is if we lose this weekend.  I'm sure Bubba, the rest of the coaches, and the players would have wanted to play this weekend to knock some rust off before a potential playoff game since we haven' played in a month.  But is all that worth the risk of throwing away a conference championship and a pretty much guaranteed playoff bid?  Probably not.

It sucks that we aren't playing this week and don't get a game to warm up before a potential playoff game.  But It is reassuring knowing that UND is the co Conference Champions of the Valley and will be likely playing a home playoff game on the 24th.  At the beginning of the season there is not one person that would have not taken that.   

Maybe its just me, but I hate sharing.  If I have to share, better to share with only 1 team rather than 2.   I really wish they were playing Missouri St this weekend.  If lose and miss playoffs and conference championship so be it.  Get ready for the fall.  Also going into the playoffs without playing for 5 weeks is going to be tough.  It was bad enough in 2016 having a double bye week before playing.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UND Dood said:

I don't think we have ever beaten Eastern Washington? We owe them a beating!!

Yes we do.  Pretty sure most of their fanbase thinks we are cupcakes/paper tigers since most of the games haven't even been very close. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I want no part of EWU. They are a terrible matchup for us. That offense kills our defense.

Seems like we could run the ball on them.  But yes, they've got some good receivers, a great QB, and speed.  I would guess we would have a couple running backs put up over 100 yards and that should keep things interesting... If we play them.  With covid-19, I wonder if the committee will have more in conference games in the first round.  Maybe we see an EWU vs Weber matchup... They haven't played each other this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 1:36 PM, geaux_sioux said:

I want no part of EWU. They are a terrible matchup for us. That offense kills our defense.

Need to be able to trump that narrative, or UND has no business being a top team. Man up, defend the wide outs, and meet at the quarterback. No reason UND can’t defend the pass this year and beat a team like EWU. In year’s past, it was a problem, but UND’s secondary is a strength now. The weakness for UND’s defense is actually their defensive line. Just look at how NDSU scouted that, brought in the big personnel, and stuffed it down UND’s throat. Still hurts to think about how UND let NDSU’s one sided offense have their way. One thing I know for sure is that EWU won’t be able to punish UND with the running game like NDSU did.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Need to be able to trump that narrative, or UND has no business being a top team. Man up, defend the wide outs, and meet at the quarterback. No reason UND can’t defend the pass this year and beat a team like EWU. In year’s past, it was a problem, but UND’s secondary is a strength now. The weakness for UND’s defense is actually their defensive line. Just look at how NDSU scouted that, brought in the big personnel, and stuffed it down UND’s throat. Still hurts to think about how UND let NDSU’s one sided offense have their way. One thing I know for sure is that EWU won’t be able to punish UND with the running game like NDSU did.

It’s not like I don’t agree with you, I just don’t see it from our defense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s not like I don’t agree with you, I just don’t see it from our defense. 

At least with our OL this year, I think our offense could put up some points if we gave up a few. EWU would kind of scare me in a matchup so I agree with you, but we need to get a W against them at some point .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the seeds have been picked.

Craig Haley

@CraigHaley

·

30m

If South Dakota State holds on for win over North Dakota State, I'm thinking committee seeds could be:

1. James Madison

2. South Dakota State

3. Sam Houston

4. Weber State

But I believe Delaware will have the CAA's AQ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Yep the seeds have been picked.

Craig Haley

@CraigHaley

·

30m

If South Dakota State holds on for win over North Dakota State, I'm thinking committee seeds could be:

1. James Madison

2. South Dakota State

3. Sam Houston

4. Weber State

But I believe Delaware will have the CAA's AQ.

Can someone please give me a rational explanation of why SDSU should be seeded above UND ?

They are officially co-champions of the MVFC, both teams have only one loss and UND beat SDSU head-to-head.  

Seeding SDSU above UND makes no sense to me.  Might as well pick teams out of hat then. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Can someone please give me a rational explanation of why SDSU should be seeded above UND ?

They are officially co-champions of the MVFC, both teams have only one loss and UND beat SDSU head-to-head.  

Seeding SDSU above UND makes no sense to me.  Might as well pick teams out of hat then. 
 

I agree.  But UND will not get a seed.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Can someone please give me a rational explanation of why SDSU should be seeded above UND ?

They are officially co-champions of the MVFC, both teams have only one loss and UND beat SDSU head-to-head.  

Seeding SDSU above UND makes no sense to me.  Might as well pick teams out of hat then. 
 

SDSU is the autobid. And they just beat the #2 team in the country. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

SDSU is the autobid. And they just beat the #2 team in the country. 

Yep, I don’t feel slighted. I think SDSU is probably the best team in the FCS this year since nobody else really stands out.  Let’s just worry about ourselves and actually winning a playoff game. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Craig Haley predicts us playing the Bison....winner plays SDSU/Holy Cross winner

we won't play first round because we have already played each other.  would need to be a second round

Link to post
Share on other sites

I copied this from Craig Haley.

KEY DATES TO KNOW

All playoff games prior to the national championship game will be played at campus sites.

Some key dates:

Playoff Selection Show: Sunday (11:30 a.m. ET, ESPNU)

First Round: April 24 weekend

Quarterfinals: May 1 weekend

Semifinals: May 8 (noon ET on ESPN and 8 p.m. ET on ESPN2)

Championship Game (Toyota Stadium, Frisco, Texas): May 16 (2 p.m. ET, ABC)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...