Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season


Frozen4sioux
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Is it?  

It is fair to ask if his antics have been detrimental to the team as a whole over the years here. 

At this stage in the hockey calendar, it is quite disconcerning to see the choice of self over team.

But that is just perception of us looking in, which is fair.

My take: If he doesn't want to be here...bye. But that spot could have easily gone to a transfer or a top end recruit, that ended up elsewhere. 

Dick move.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

It is fair to ask if his antics have been detrimental to the team as a whole over the years here. 

At this stage in the hockey calendar, it is quite disconcerning to see the choice of self over team.

But that is just perception of us looking in, which is fair.

My take: If he doesn't want to be here...bye. But that spot could have easily gone to a transfer or a top end recruit, that ended up elsewhere. 

Dick move.

His actions detrimental to the team? Wtf are you talking about….. really hope it’s not what I think you’re referring to. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair, these NHL prospect camps before Covid were usually held in June which still sucks when you lose a player you were expecting over the summer(JT Miller), but yeah the day before school starts makes it pretty tough especially in light of the Transfer Portal.

 

So do we bring in Ethan Bowen or Dane Montgomery or do we find a 20 year old depth guy?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

His actions detrimental to the team? Wtf are you talking about….. really hope it’s not what I think you’re referring to. 

100% is, please dont kid yourself.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the stances he took did create friction in the room. And out of it.

And yes it did cost some donation dollars to the program. Thats a fact.

So yes that is detrimental to the team.

I'd say bailing on August 23rd is a bit detrimental as well, but symantics at this point.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The worst bailing on the team since Tambellini. Not gonna root for him at the next level.

Schloss article references Matt Greene and Bochenski also about this time per year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

 

So do we bring in Ethan Bowen or Dane Montgomery or do we find a 20 year old depth guy?

 

 

Basically the only options, its even too late to poach a guy that was set to play NCAA this year.

Only other option is to pull a Wisconsin and poach offer some kid somewhere who was maybe pushed back and asked to play another year of Jrs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, petey23 said:

To be fair, these NHL prospect camps before Covid were usually held in June which still sucks when you lose a player you were expecting over the summer(JT Miller), but yeah the day before school starts makes it pretty tough especially in light of the Transfer Portal.

 

So do we bring in Ethan Bowen or Dane Montgomery or do we find a 20 year old depth guy?

 

 

Hopefully we get another Connor Gaarder as a late add.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

100% is, please dont kid yourself.

Whether you want to believe it or not, the stances he took did create friction in the room. And out of it.

And yes it did cost some donation dollars to the program. Thats a fact.

So yes that is detrimental to the team.

I'd say bailing on August 23rd is a bit detrimental as well, but symantics at this point.

Not to mention the cyberbullying of his girlfriend's coach.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

He can go take a knee somewhere else. Big picture team wise it is addition by subtraction.

I guess I don't understand the "big picture" here. Could you elaborate? 

I can't speak of what he was like as a locker room guy, but a two-year captaincy isn't a joke at UND. I certainly never heard of any major gripes.

All I see is a team who lost their clear No. 1 center and defensive stud basically a month before the season. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...