Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Minnesota Boys Hockey Tournament


Recommended Posts

Kicks off on Tuesday, no seeds released yet.  Here is my guess

A:  1. Hermantown  2. Gentry  3. East Grand 4. Little Falls  5. Delano.......Dodge County, LDC, Northern Lakes.

AA:  1. Lakeville South  2. Maple Grove 3. EP  4. Hill-Murray  5. Wayzata.........Moorhead, STA, Andover

Lets hope Hill and STA end up playing in the first game.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So every player was wearing masks and the exposure time was only like 2 minutes at most?!!  And now Hill-Murray has to forfeit because of exposure?1  What the hell are we doing!!  This is beyond ridic

It's on 595 in Moorhead on midco. It doesn't show on the guide, I had to find it.

This nothing short of the Ferris Bueller 31 Flavors bit.  When are we going to stop looking to ruin kids lives?

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kicks off on Tuesday, no seeds released yet.  Here is my guess

A:  1. Hermantown  2. Gentry  3. East Grand 4. Little Falls  5. Delano.......Dodge County, LDC, Northern Lakes.

AA:  1. Lakeville South  2. Maple Grove 3. EP  4. Hill-Murray  5. Wayzata.........Moorhead, STA, Andover

Lets hope Hill and STA end up playing in the first game.....

Go East Side! Go Spuds!

Go Dodge County! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Kicks off on Tuesday, no seeds released yet.  Here is my guess

A:  1. Hermantown  2. Gentry  3. East Grand 4. Little Falls  5. Delano.......Dodge County, LDC, Northern Lakes.

AA:  1. Lakeville South  2. Maple Grove 3. EP  4. Hill-Murray  5. Wayzata.........Moorhead, STA, Andover

Lets hope Hill and STA end up playing in the first game.....

Do they go strictly by the QRF rankings on Minnesota-Scores.net?  I was thinking they mainly did but had some wiggle room.  Maybe different this year.

QRF rankings in order for A teams in the tourney:

  1. Gentry Academy
  2. Hermantown
  3. Dodge County
  4. EGF
  5. Delano
  6. LF
  7. Northern Lakes
  8. LDC
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Do they go strictly by the QRF rankings on Minnesota-Scores.net?  I was thinking they mainly did but had some wiggle room.  Maybe different this year.

QRF rankings in order for A teams in the tourney:

  1. Gentry Academy
  2. Hermantown
  3. Dodge County
  4. EGF
  5. Delano
  6. LF
  7. Northern Lakes
  8. LDC

Good old section 3 bringing up the rear.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I killed the A seeds.

1. Hermantown vs. Dodge County

2. Gentry vs. Northern Lakes

3. EGF vs. LDC

4. Little Falls. vs. 5. Delano

 

AA Seeds......not so much....

1. Eden Prairie vs. St. Thomas Academy

2. Hill-Murray vs. Wayzata

3. Lakeville South vs. Moorhead

4. Maple Grove vs. 5. Andover 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Jackson Blake still on EP? I feel like we have an Ausmus for EGF, too? Who we watching for?

Commits-Blake(EP), Panzer and Ausmus (EGF).

Haven't seen like any of the class A teams this year aside from EGF so hard to really list any potential targets there. I'd say Landon Parker is the one to watch the most as far as UND goes. Gentry has some talent and the best couple are seniors. Hermantown has Zam Plante from Hermantown is likely a future D1 guy but his dad is an assistant coach at Duluth. Soph defenseman Ty Hanson has potential as well. Little Falls has a pretty solid goalie who has been around awhile in Dane Couture.

As for AA there are a good number of commits already but definitely a few more potential targets and some of those guys I'm gonna list are currently committed to CC but with the coaching change maybe they will reopen. Wayzata vs. Hill-Murray-Gavin O'Connell-F-Wayzata. Moorhead vs. Lakeville South-Harper Bentz-F-Moorhead, Joe Gramer-D-Moorhead, Cade Arenholz(Colorado College)-F-South, Cam Boche-F-South. St. Thomas Academy vs. Eden Prairie-Tommy Cronin-F-STA, Carter Batchelder(Colorado College)-F-EP, Drew Holt-F-EP. Andover vs. Maple Grove-Garrett Schifsky-F-Andover, Gavyn Thoreson-F-Andover, Landen Gunderson-F-Maple Grove.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hermantown is going to play their first round game against Dodge County with their JV players

 

One big gun it sounds like they will have is Zam Plante who has been out injured for a while. Plante going head to head with Brody Lamb could be a pretty good battle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Commits-Blake(EP), Panzer and Ausmus (EGF).

Haven't seen like any of the class A teams this year aside from EGF so hard to really list any potential targets there. I'd say Landon Parker is the one to watch the most as far as UND goes. Gentry has some talent and the best couple are seniors. Hermantown has Zam Plante from Hermantown is likely a future D1 guy but his dad is an assistant coach at Duluth. Soph defenseman Ty Hanson has potential as well. Little Falls has a pretty solid goalie who has been around awhile in Dane Couture.

As for AA there are a good number of commits already but definitely a few more potential targets and some of those guys I'm gonna list are currently committed to CC but with the coaching change maybe they will reopen. Wayzata vs. Hill-Murray-Gavin O'Connell-F-Wayzata. Moorhead vs. Lakeville South-Harper Bentz-F-Moorhead, Joe Gramer-D-Moorhead, Cade Arenholz(Colorado College)-F-South, Cam Boche-F-South. St. Thomas Academy vs. Eden Prairie-Tommy Cronin-F-STA, Carter Batchelder(Colorado College)-F-EP, Drew Holt-F-EP. Andover vs. Maple Grove-Garrett Schifsky-F-Andover, Gavyn Thoreson-F-Andover, Landen Gunderson-F-Maple Grove.

I assume Dane Couture is related to former Sioux goalie Tony Couture?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested to see what the MSHSL does tomorrow with the Hill-Murray game.  Lawsuit was thrown out by a judge, so I'm guessing they're out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilbur said:

Interested to see what the MSHSL does tomorrow with the Hill-Murray game.  Lawsuit was thrown out by a judge, so I'm guessing they're out. 

Why can't they throw their JV team out there like Hermantown did?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...