Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCAA's. UND vs. AIC.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly the 2017 version was electric too, after the check through the glass the game got turned on its head. When Wolanin scored to tie it the place was bonkers then when Dixon scored in double OT I

Can all of you please shut up and keep this about UND hockey. Seriously, no one cares! That means you oxbow 

If you watched the selection show, Starman was all about players, stats, who had good special teams etc.  Bucci was all about "it's going to be a great jersey game" between LSSU and  UMass.  I mean he

Posted Images

Read about what went into Eric Lang picking Stefano Durante. We have been covering underdog stories around college hockey, and saw the teams AIC had to beat to make this tournament. We will have more on AIC here, UND will be favored, and they are facing a good team. 

 

https://seamoresports.com/2021/03/20/aic-wins-aha-conference-tournament-championship-after-facing-a-tough-canisius-opponent-now-what/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen AIC play this year?
Looking at their schedule, they've only played one NCAA tourney team this season, Quinnipiac.  They lost both games to QU.
Their only other loss was to Army in OT.
Their schedule is definitely weak, but they did take care of business and only lost 3 times all season.
Hopefully the boys jump on them quick and don't let them hang around like SCSU did in 2019.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Hopefully the boys jump on them quick and don't let them hang around like SCSU did in 2019.

If you dont get up on them, the clock starts to go really fast, then it's late in the third and there's a problem.  I think of Denver 2004, Michigan 2011 and the upsets of other teams over the years.  So I agree. Be better on the ice, but especially on the scoreboard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Just a quick conformation please.  In December 86 we lost to US International.  Is AIC the same school?

Don’t think so...US International was based out of San Diego IIRC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Don’t think so...US International was based out of San Diego IIRC.

I was at that game when UND and the Hrkac Circus threw everything but the kitchen sink at the net but that kid in net for US International was hotter than a pistol and turned almost everything we threw at the net back.  I digress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I can't believe the game is not on TV. The number one seed. Does it require a subscription to watch?

TV provider or internet provider might provide ESPN3 access. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Has anyone seen AIC play this year?
Looking at their schedule, they've only played one NCAA tourney team this season, Quinnipiac.  They lost both games to QU.
Their only other loss was to Army in OT.
Their schedule is definitely weak, but they did take care of business and only lost 3 times all season.
Hopefully the boys jump on them quick and don't let them hang around like SCSU did in 2019.

Here is a story we have written back January, talking to Lang about the QU series. https://seamoresports.com/2021/02/02/aic-is-grooving-head-coach-eric-lang-explains-why/

 

Here are all the articles we have on AIC so far, most from this year, and we have more coming this week. 

https://seamoresports.com/category/ice-hockey/aic/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I can't believe the game is not on TV. The number one seed. Does it require a subscription to watch?

Seems short sighted, but it looks like a subscription to espn3/espn+ will be required. Maybe they think they will get more viewers for volleyball or lacrosse, but again seems like a big mistake not to put UND hockey on regular cable. 
 

regardless, smoke AOC!  I mean AIC!!!

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

Here is a story we have written back January, talking to Lang about the QU series. https://seamoresports.com/2021/02/02/aic-is-grooving-head-coach-eric-lang-explains-why/

 

Here are all the articles we have on AIC so far, most from this year, and we have more coming this week. 

https://seamoresports.com/category/ice-hockey/aic/ 

A lot of the AIC roster is NAHL players along with USHL and a few European players and a few transfers.  This is a team that if we tend to business we should steamroll, but that is why we play the games on the ice instead of on paper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI.....Fargo Force games in Scheels Arena allow seating capacity of 75% or 3750 fans. This regional will have 1500 per game.

#followthescience

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember AIC, in Scheels, in Fargo, against the #1 overall seed, not that long ago ... like 2019 ... 

As the lowest-seeded team, AIC played against #1 St. Cloud State and, despite being outshot 34-13 in the game, won ...

 

There is one game on the schedule. Just one. And it's must win. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

AIC hasn't been battle tested at all this season in the way the Sioux have. UND should win this game. But a few years ago Jan Brady thought the same thing. Hopefully we can take care of business in the first two periods so we can roll 4 lines with short shifts in the 3rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone alluded to in the other thread, ...

How about UND pulls out the script from the Miami NCHC quarterfinal game: score early, score often, and roll four. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I remember AIC, in Scheels, in Fargo, against the #1 overall seed, not that long ago ... like 2019 ... 

As the lowest-seeded team, AIC played against #1 St. Cloud State and, despite being outshot 34-13 in the game, won ...

 

There is one game on the schedule. Just one. And it's must win. 

This AIC team has more NCAA tournament experience than ours. Make no mistake, our boys will be ready to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, AIC's resume is less than impressive. That being said, they don't get to pick who they play, they just have to play the schedule. They did, and they did it well. Now this game should not even be close, but we saw what happened against Canisius the other year, and we have see what happened with AIC a few years ago against St Cloud and we all certainly remember Holy Cross.

Take the game serious, leave no doubt, and pound these guys! Score early and score often! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...