Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Early Departures


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm sorry, I don't speak Hughes. 
I only speak Upson and Witmer in a Walsh dialect. ;) :D 

She’s the assistant director of athletic bands and a big hockey fan.  
from someone who speaks Odegaard in a Swanson RA dialect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Missed the poke check that cost the season.  

Where is he going to get a harp?

Monster year possible.  Let him play with free reign on the back end and be the guy Bubbs.

Posted Images

I think Thome is an alright goalie and great if he returns but I don't trust him to take the net the entire year. Much rather have Driscoll come in and I think I would feel better with him taking the net.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

I would think Thome would stay after we lost Scheel. What goalies do we have coming in?  I can’t remember 

Johnson comes in next year

Link to post
Share on other sites

UND should bring in two goalies next season. 

Johnson is coming in next season, and I think the coaches need to find another goalie playing juniors that can come in next year.

Looking at the portal UND needs a goalie that's not here for just one year, so Johnson can be in the backup role but not thrown to the wolves. Moe gives UND that cushion in net that Driscoll and Thome don't have, and I don't see why they would bring Thome back. 

UND needs to stockpile goalies like they do with defensemen.

Getting NTDP goalie worked out and at most they are a year out from the U18 Team

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cberkas said:

UND should bring in two goalies next season. 

Johnson is coming in next season, and I think the coaches need to find another goalie playing juniors that can come in next year.

Looking at the portal UND needs a goalie that's not here for just one year, so Johnson can be in the backup role but not thrown to the wolves. Moe gives UND that cushion in net that Driscoll and Thome don't have, and I don't see why they would bring Thome back. 

UND needs to stockpile goalies like they do with defensemen.

Getting NTDP goalie worked out and at most they are a year out from the U18 Team

They have to bring Thome back, how else can we argue that it should be his net so that we can fire Barry?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AJS said:

Simply stat watching, Driscoll seems to be more comparable to Galajda / St. Cyr than Thome / Moe, is that how others see it? If you had the choice of the three, Driscoll would clearly be the #1 pick?

 

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/248440/zach-driscoll

He's really never had a bad year going all the way back to high school. 

I think Driscoll is the most likely because he’s from Apple Valley like Karl Goehring. :wink:

Coincidence?
 

Maybe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think Driscoll is the most likely because he’s from Apple Valley like Karl Goehring. :wink:

Coincidence?
 

Maybe. 

Played for the other team though as Karl was a Apple Valley Eagle while Zach was Eastview Lightning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Played for the other team though as Karl was a Apple Valley Eagle while Zach was Eastview Lightning.

I’m aware. Not sure Eastview existed when Karl was in high school 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cberkas said:

UND should bring in two goalies next season. 

Johnson is coming in next season, and I think the coaches need to find another goalie playing juniors that can come in next year.

Looking at the portal UND needs a goalie that's not here for just one year, so Johnson can be in the backup role but not thrown to the wolves. Moe gives UND that cushion in net that Driscoll and Thome don't have, and I don't see why they would bring Thome back. 

UND needs to stockpile goalies like they do with defensemen.

Getting NTDP goalie worked out and at most they are a year out from the U18 Team

I'd trust Driscoll or Thome in net more than a freshmen. I know some can compete day one but that's a big risk to take. If we can get a solid year out of Driscoll or Thome then we can remain competitive while the younger goalies develop. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

I'd trust Driscoll or Thome in net more than a freshmen. I know some can compete day one but that's a big risk to take. If we can get a solid year out of Driscoll or Thome then we can remain competitive while the younger goalies develop. 

This.  Thome is a pretty good goalie that has shown he can hang at this level.  I hope to be proved wrong, but I think Johnson becoming a starting D1 goalie is far from a sure thing. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jackson Cates signs with PHI after three years at UMD. 

Sounds like his brother may sign as well.  Smart move by the Flyers.  Hopefully Koepke signs somewhere as well.  He's ready for the next level as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Duluth will be interesting to track this offseason. Sandelin said he does want his Seniors back, so that's an interesting wrinkle as outside of one-off guys, I haven't seen another program that has brought back a majority of their Senior class. I bring that up, because for the rest of the NCHC it's important that some of those key guys leave. 

Swaney / Jackson Cates is a nice start. One and two on the team in points. Hoping Koepke and Noah Cates aren't far behind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJS said:

Duluth will be interesting to track this offseason. Sandelin said he does want his Seniors back, so that's an interesting wrinkle as outside of one-off guys, I haven't seen another program that has brought back a majority of their Senior class. I bring that up, because for the rest of the NCHC it's important that some of those key guys leave. 

Swaney / Jackson Cates is a nice start. One and two on the team in points. Hoping Koepke and Noah Cates aren't far behind. 

Just a matter of time with the other Cates.  Someone should math out how many points UND loses vs. Duluth.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Just a matter of time with the other Cates.  Someone should math out how many points UND loses vs. Duluth.  

UND loses (10 Players <Non-Goalies>)

  • 59 of 114 Goals (52%)
  • 115 of 194 Assists (59.3%)
  • 174 of 308 Points (56.5%)

 

UMD Loses (4 Players)

(Since Sandelin said he wants the Seniors back, I am not counting them. We'll wait and see who returns. Below is making the assumption Noah is also signing, so it'll be only the 4 early signings)

  • 46 of 84 Goals (54.8%)
  • 66 of 140 Assists (47.1%)
  • 112 of 224 Points (50%)

 

Notes

  • UMD played one less game, but scored 30 goals less goals than UND. 
  • 4 of UND's departures combined for 4 goals and 9 assists, so 6 players did almost all of the damage for the departing players
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...