Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you sure that you don't have an issue with him? I mean, maybe he's an issue but considering his track record, I would tend to give him the benefit of the doubt. 6 years at Black Hills State,

Just for reference: Verbal Commits shows that last year there were 1,026 transfers, which transfer to and from D1 schools. in 2019, that number was 992. So far (and not sure how up-to-date it i

Lol at historic. DAE never lived up to expectations and now he never will. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Folks.... Tyree is in the portal

Verbal Commits

That really sucks!  UND took a chance on Tyree (just like they did with Crandall a few years ago) when others didn't.  Many didn't think he would be eligible as a freshman.  UND brought him in, gave him guidance, saw that he had good academic assistance, etc.  After that, he decides to walk!!!!!  I guess he didn't learn anything about integrity!  

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

That really sucks!  UND took a chance on Tyree (just like they did with Crandall a few years ago) when others didn't.  Many didn't think he would be eligible as a freshman.  UND brought him in, gave him guidance, saw that he had good academic assistance, etc.  After that, he decides to walk!!!!!  I guess he didn't learn anything about integrity!  

Geno got a pass from many in my mind. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SWSiouxMN said:

So now how many scholarships does this leave open if we are to assume than Panoam doesn't return?

Wouldn’t this free up a scholarship for Reid Grant, assuming he’s part of the plan still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Geno gave up 4 years

this guy gave up 4 months

Geno didn’t give up 4 years!  He “got” 4 years of education and 4 years of DI BB at UND rather than playing NAIA ball!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Geno didn’t give up 4 years!  He “got” 4 years of education and 4 years of DI BB at UND rather than playing NAIA ball!!

My gfhockey translation skills are telling me he meant "gave us" instead of "up".

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Geno didn’t give up 4 years!  He “got” 4 years of education and 4 years of DI BB at UND rather than playing NAIA ball!!

4 years of babysitting by the staff

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

We still thinking sather is getting the job done? 

1 conference championship appearance in 2 years. I’m not going to say he’s getting the job done but you have to give a coach AT LEAST 3 years. He wasn’t my first choice, I personally really wanted Ben McCollum, but I’m not writing Sather off yet. Not to mention coaching during a pandemic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

We still thinking sather is getting the job done? 

Players transfer all the time now days no matter who the coach is.  NCAA making it super easy doesn't necessarily help either.  Sather will bring in some decent transfers and odds are they will be just as "good" as Tyree.  I'd like to focus on UND setting up a normal D1 home schedule before bashing the coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Players transfer all the time now days no matter who the coach is.  NCAA making it super easy doesn't necessarily help either.  Sather will bring in some decent transfers and odds are they will be just as "good" as Tyree.  I'd like to focus on UND setting up a normal D1 home schedule before bashing the coach.

Sather has had two historic freshman and lost both, they don’t come around every year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

Sather has had two historic freshman and lost both, they don’t come around every year.

Lol at historic. DAE never lived up to expectations and now he never will. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Lol at historic. DAE never lived up to expectations and now he never will. 

DAE averaged 14 and 5 as a frosh and owns the freshman scoring record at the school while tyree got foty. These are pretty gods freshman IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Siouxfan1989 said:

DAE averaged 14 and 5 as a frosh and owns the freshman scoring record at the school while tyree got foty. These are pretty gods freshman IMO

dae wasn't as good as promised no matter what the stats say...he had huge holes in his game...tyree...different story...solid everywhere but the ft line...

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Welcome to the new normal.

Exactly.  Guys see the chance to possibly play in the Big Dance and figure they can find an easier way to get there.  It isn’t really a great situation for the smaller programs or ones that aren’t competitive. At some point it might hurt the overall fanbase for college basketball, and other sports as well. Help develop a player and lose him or her to a better program. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...