Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season


SWSiouxMN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Actually its 4 games in 6 days plus traveling to Florida for the final three games. I know other teams have played 3 games also but add in the traveling for whole day and it wears on person. It has shown up in shooting percentages been have dropping each day but it's good in long run to help develop this team. I think this team is playing better than i thought this early in the season. The problem i see going forward is Summit conference is going to very difficult conference this year the top 3 schools are playing already great basketball and have competed well against power 5 schools and then you add in KC and WIU already beating couple of power 5 conference schools this is going to be difficult conference. The transfers and 5 year seniors have made number of schools in conference much better than were last year so its going to be very interesting year. Then consider last year conference champion almost made the semifinals of NCAA tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Actually its 4 games in 6 days plus traveling to Florida for the final three games. I know other teams have played 3 games also but add in the traveling for whole day and it wears on person. It has shown up in shooting percentages been have dropping each day but it's good in long run to help develop this team. I think this team is playing better than i thought this early in the season. The problem i see going forward is Summit conference is going to very difficult conference this year the top 3 schools are playing already great basketball and have competed well against power 5 schools and then you add in KC and WIU already beating couple of power 5 conference schools this is going to be difficult conference. The transfers and 5 year seniors have made number of schools in conference much better than were last year so its going to be very interesting year. Then consider last year conference champion almost made the semifinals of NCAA tournament.

SDSU and NDSU yes.

ORU is on the struggle bus right now.  They had a very bad loss to a UCA team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

Actually its 4 games in 6 days plus traveling to Florida for the final three games. I know other teams have played 3 games also but add in the traveling for whole day and it wears on person. It has shown up in shooting percentages been have dropping each day but it's good in long run to help develop this team. I think this team is playi the tong better than i thought this early in the season. The problem i see going forward is Summit conference is going to very difficult conference this year the top 3 schools are playing already great basketball and have competed well against power 5 schools and then you add in KC and WIU already beating couple of power 5 conference schools this is going to be difficult conference. The transfers and 5 year seniors have made number of schools in conference much better than were last year so its going to be very interesting year. Then consider last year conference champion almost made the semifinals of NCAA tournament.

Well, not altogether.  The Bison lost to Arizona 97-45 on Tues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team isn't going to shoot 4-26 every game.  I've seen enough to say they will be a much better shooting team this year.

Now they have to get better on the defensive side of things.  If they can figure it out on THAT end, they are going to be a tough out in the Summit.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nero is much improved this year.  Last year he was very timid. Part of that was Tyree handled the ball most of the time.  This tear Nero is much more mature compared to Tyree.  Tyree was fast, quick and some reckless.  This is a key part.  Especially since UND has a number of players shooting the 3 well.

We are young but have many pieces of a very good team.  Last year they didn't gel until late very late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was pretty pessimistic coming in to this year so the fact that there is a chance that this could be a decent team excites me. Vastly improved offensively for the most part. I believe one of the next steps this program has to take is consistently winning the games that they SHOULD win. There has been a tendency even before Sather was here to have a head scratching loss or two (UT Martin, Dixie St, Denver and WIU last year, and I remember a couple awful losses in the last year or two of Jones to Idaho at the Betty and Montana St.) Nitpicking a bit as I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the team this year. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

NDSU is not looking good so far this season.  No Idea why.  But no good.

Their best PG is somehow a 6'6" small forward who's out with an injury and they've had multiple players serve at least one game suspensions for unnamed reasons.
They have definitely been struggling, especially with their aspirations coming into the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Their best PG is somehow a 6'6" small forward who's out with an injury and they've had multiple players serve at least one game suspensions for unnamed reasons.
They have definitely been struggling, especially with their aspirations coming into the season.

They still have a ton of talent, especially at the 4/5 spot of the lineup.  They can push SDSU.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think that was the question, but @SIOUXFAN97can clarify. 

I don't have mine 1-4, but these are the 4 that have made solid impact to start. 

Fair list. Bruns and Norman stand out from the rest I believe. Howard is instant offense but a liability on the other end. T I’m still undecided on. 
 

Otherwise, Matthews seems like he could be something once he works out his offensive game. Already a decent presence on D. I want to see Grant’s shooting ability or is that maybe not a thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Fair list. Bruns and Norman stand out from the rest I believe. Howard is instant offense but a liability on the other end. T I’m still undecided on. 
 

Otherwise, Matthews seems like he could be something once he works out his offensive game. Already a decent presence on D. I want to see Grant’s shooting ability or is that maybe not a thing?

T has been okay, 7.6 ppg and 6.2 rpg isn't a bad stat line.  He took a nice step forward in the FAU tournament, hope that he can build on it.  I think he will get better as the season goes along.

I agree with Mathews, come conference time he will be a different player.

Grant can shoot it a little bit.  He has been up and down.  I wish they had kept the redshirt on him but I understood why they took it off after Igbanugo got hurt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

T has been okay, 7.6 ppg and 6.2 rpg isn't a bad stat line.  He took a nice step forward in the FAU tournament, hope that he can build on it.  I think he will get better as the season goes along.

I agree with Mathews, come conference time he will be a different player.

Grant can shoot it a little bit.  He has been up and down.  I wish they had kept the redshirt on him but I understood why they took it off after Igbanugo got hurt. 

Admittedly I wasn’t able to watch much of the FAU tourney. Gotta imagine it was the plan to redshirt Grant originally. Any idea whether we will see Levias at all once he’s up to full speed after his injury?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...