Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT USD vs UND. 3/4/21


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tommy "Gun" Schuster is the real deal. He is a winner.  Wins state championship in high school in Michigan. Wins Michigan Player of the Year. Plays as a true freshman for UND against Sam Houston

I'm not sure it can be overstated how good Freund is at play calling and play design. Still no sacks through three games, and it's all due to moving the line of scrimmage, getting guys open for Tommy

How big was the change at OL and OC coach for this team.  And DC is no drop off.

Posted Images

To reiterate what someone said, after USD went "hot knife" through the UND defense to start the 4th and make it 21-10, UND needed a long drive to stabilize the game and rest the defense. (Points would've been nice, but given the 11 point spread and time remaining, not required.) 

This is the drive of the game:
UND starts at UND32 with 10:40 left in fourth and drives to USD33, but punts.
USD ball at USD20 with 03:59 remaining. 
An eleven play, 35 yard, six minute forty-one second drive. Masterpiece (save for staying in FG range). 

No points, but effectively killed the clock. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

To reiterate what someone said, after USD went "hot knife" through the UND defense to start the 4th and make it 21-10, UND needed a long drive to stabilize the game and rest the defense. (Points would've been nice, but given the 11 point spread and time remaining, not required.) 

This is the drive of the game:
UND starts at UND32 with 10:40 left in fourth and drives to USD33, but punts.
USD ball at USD20 with 03:59 remaining. 
An eleven play, 35 yard, six minute forty-one second drive. Masterpiece (save for staying in FG range). 

No points, but effectively killed the clock. 

USD still almost hit a go route on their very first offensive play that would have gone for a lot of yards, if not six. Dropped pass by #80.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How great was that play call!!  Didn't work, but have you ever seen a play call like that EVER at UND?  Danny Freund is going to give Valley D Coordinators headaches all season long!!  

Probably would have had a better chance at working if it was a little earlier in the play clock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, homer said:

USD still almost hit a go route on their very first offensive play that would have gone for a lot of yards, if not six. Dropped pass by #80.  

Both teams had some glorious missed opportunities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

There was a sack city sign years ago in the DII era and I loved it.   At tailgating a few years ago a guy told me he had done the original one but it was long gone.

It inspired me to make my own so I enlisted my wife to help me.  She thought I was crazy but after a short trip to the craft/fabric store we made it.  I had an old picture of the original and tried to match the lettering as best as I could. 

We hang it behind the visitors bench but sit on the other side so we enlist the students sitting by it to run the thing during games.  Last year we had to move it down closer to the band because there were a group of students that hung over the railing and pounded on it while harrassing the visitors.  They must have pregamed pretty hard because they were lit up for every game.  I fully endorse the work that they were doing but it was a little hard on the sign and the paper numbers.  I figure it just added some character to it. :)

We live in the TC and won't be at any games this spring but will be back in full force next fall.

Awesome! Are you still going to give it to the students now that they’ve moved? Or will you have to find some STH to do it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, coltssiouxfan said:

Awesome! Are you still going to give it to the students now that they’ve moved? Or will you have to find some STH to do it?

Good question.  I didn't realize the students had been moved officially.  Will have to figure it out in the fall.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, homer said:

USD still almost hit a go route on their very first offensive play that would have gone for a lot of yards, if not six. Dropped pass by #80.  

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Skokna almost hit a home run ball had he not, just barely, stepped out of bounds as well.

It bodes well that we can beat a talented team like that, while still missing on quite a few opportunities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Skokna almost hit a home run ball had he not, just barely, stepped out of bounds as well.

It bodes well that we can beat a talented team like that, while still missing on quite a few opportunities.

Belquist

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coyotecrazie5 said:

Good game by the Hawks and congrats on the win. Fundamentally sound team and that RB is a handful.

I'll be rooting for UND the rest of the way, good luck.

I like your QB..  both USD and SDSU have found really good young QBs.  Next three years are going to be interesting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...