Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Slaw dogs VS f'hawks gameday.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shout out to the alerus staff, feels pretty normal and not as North Korea like at the Ralph !! 

Getting ND towns excited for UND football is an absolute must if we are going to take out the mighty Bison. Good step in that direction here. 

Shout out to the young New Rockford “Rocket” on his first of many starts for the Hawks!  It was so much fun to sit in section 213 on Saturday in front of the Bo Belquist cheeing section. They were lou

Posted Images

Hopefully Weah gets the start against SDSU, hopefully we can have a better start next week.  Skokna looked really good too, and actually ended up with a better average than Weah. I loved seeing in the 4th quarter when we got down to the 1 yard line and everybody knew we were going to run, we gave it to Skokna and he went in almost untouched.  In the past we had to fight for every inch in short yardage situations. I remember one play Fort coming up and making a nice tackle, he looks like he is a corner who actually likes to tackle.  We did have a few blown coverages early yesterday, will need to get that cleaned up as the task will be more difficult next week against SDSU. Hopefully Brock isn't out too long, will be nice to get him back in the mix.  As everyone else has stated we need to get better at the deep ball.  Although on the 3 TD passes, those balls were placed perfectly, especially that pass to Belquist....that was a heck of a throw as it was placed perfectly.  Love finally having an Offensive Coordinator who takes advantage of his players, and what is working and calls the game accordingly.  MVP's are the OL and DL. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Shout out to the young New Rockford “Rocket” on his first of many starts for the Hawks!  It was so much fun to sit in section 213 on Saturday in front of the Bo Belquist cheeing section. They were loud and proud. It felt like they knew something about their favorite son that the rest of us didn’t and that he was about to show “it” at any moment.  A leap from ND 9-man to D1 is such a fun story know matter what!

Having his dad put on Kelly Green and cheer for UND is just an added bonus. :)

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I'm not an SIU fan this morning or I'd be doing some serious moping.  They looked terrible yesterday. Not sure to what extent UND just made them  look that way, but if they're simply as bad as they looked its going to be a long year for them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, iramurphy said:

What does that accomplish? We kicked their butts. No need to rub it in.  Getting reps for your backups is important for a number of reasons. We have a number of twos who have little or no experience. This is a physical league and we need to get them reps to help them adjust to the college game in the event guys get hurt or we lose guys to COVID. Coaches did a good job of getting lots of players reps today. Hopefully, better prepares us for the rest of the season. 

why?  to shut their mouths...they were still yappin' late in the game like they thought they were tough....plus if tommy is our guy he needs every game day rep he can get

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why?  to shut their mouths...they were still yappin' late in the game like they thought they were tough....plus if tommy is our guy he needs every game day rep he can get

I am curious about your coaching pedigree, cause you sound like a 7th grader telling the school bus how he would have won the super bowl.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

I am curious about your coaching pedigree, cause you sound like a 7th grader telling the school bus how he would have won the super bowl.

Well said.

 

Most of his posts sound like that. He knows the least amount about football of any poster on this site. He's really good at being opinionated, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

He knows the least amount about football of any poster on this site

You obviously don’t know me very well. :) Most of what I know about football is from this site. So take anything I say with a grain of salt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dustin said:

You obviously don’t know me very well. :) Most of what I know about football is from this site. So take anything I say with a grain of salt. 

I don't think you were at the center of the subject, but I too am a scholar of siouxsports, and not just footsball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Shout out to the young New Rockford “Rocket” on his first of many starts for the Hawks!  It was so much fun to sit in section 213 on Saturday in front of the Bo Belquist cheeing section. They were loud and proud. It felt like they knew something about their favorite son that the rest of us didn’t and that he was about to show “it” at any moment.  A leap from ND 9-man to D1 is such a fun story know matter what!

Hopefully he turns that area into hawks territory! Too much green and gold around there....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hopefully he turns that area into hawks territory! Too much green and gold around there....

Agreed. I was born there. But got out of there when I was young enough -- before they could convert me to the dark side. :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

why?  to shut their mouths...they were still yappin' late in the game like they thought they were tough....plus if tommy is our guy he needs every game day rep he can get

Then I guess we disagree about what’s important. Let em yap. No coach should make decisions based on an opponents big mouth. Bubba needs to prepare an entire team for continued success. They just got their butts kicked. Schuster had a great game which should give him confidence. Vaughn also needs reps and dare I say needs the reps as much if not more than Schuster. Everything this team does should be with a focus on winning each game, and ultimately making the playoffs and winning championships. If you start worrying about an opponents trash talking you have lost focus on what’s important. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Then I guess we disagree about what’s important. Let em yap. No coach should make decisions based on an opponents big mouth. Bubba needs to prepare an entire team for continued success. They just got their butts kicked. Schuster had a great game which should give him confidence. Vaughn also needs reps and dare I say needs the reps as much if not more than Schuster. Everything this team does should be with a focus on winning each game, and ultimately making the playoffs and winning championships. If you start worrying about an opponents trash talking you have lost focus on what’s important. 

I like Vaughn’s package when he gets in the game. Hopefully he can settle down and make those throws. Hopefully it was just nerves. Love the power runs though. Could you imagine him  and Brockstar in the game at the same time?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Then I guess we disagree about what’s important. Let em yap. No coach should make decisions based on an opponents big mouth. Bubba needs to prepare an entire team for continued success. They just got their butts kicked. Schuster had a great game which should give him confidence. Vaughn also needs reps and dare I say needs the reps as much if not more than Schuster. Everything this team does should be with a focus on winning each game, and ultimately making the playoffs and winning championships. If you start worrying about an opponents trash talking you have lost focus on what’s important. 

iramurphy, I'm with you. The main reason that the OL is so good this year is that they are experienced. Blowout games like the one on Saturday are a blessing because it gives the young players some experience and reps. In fact, I was hoping they'd put in the 2nd team OL when they got the ball back at the 8:00 mark (and up by 4 scores) in the fourth quarter because they need the reps. Same holds true for other positions. I wanted to see Vaughn in there more often at the end (although I understand the need to get more snaps for Schuster).

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

Rewatching the game and I feel bad for Tommy after a couple of his TD throws, he goes to celebrate with his guy but kind of gets left hanging!

I noticed that too on one of them. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

Shout out to the young New Rockford “Rocket” on his first of many starts for the Hawks!  It was so much fun to sit in section 213 on Saturday in front of the Bo Belquist cheeing section. They were loud and proud. It felt like they knew something about their favorite son that the rest of us didn’t and that he was about to show “it” at any moment.  A leap from ND 9-man to D1 is such a fun story know matter what!

So the fans in 213 are better than us chumps in 215?

Man, you've changed since you moved 2 sections over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shep said:

So the fans in 213 are better than us chumps in 215?

Man, you've changed since you moved 2 sections over.

We’ll never forget where we came from!  We like our new view but miss the familiar faces of 215!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...