Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchc championship pod


BusinessSiouxt
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

At least this year we won't have to argue which game time UND should choose in the first game of Frozen Faceoff. With at least two days off.....they will play the night game on Friday.

After all these years, the WCHA F5 gopher rule finally goes our way.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also heard no band at Frozen Faceoff (or cheer teams for that matter). 

Not a deal breaker but they add a ton of atmosphere to a building that is fairly empty. 

Thinking back to old WCHA Final Five - Michigan Tech's band was entertaining as hell.  Even though their team rarely played those weekends! 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

At least this year we won't have to argue which game time UND should choose in the first game of Frozen Faceoff. With at least two days off.....they will play the night game on Friday.

Why do you assume UND gets to choose when they play in the quarters?  Sure they have had the opportunity to do that in the Semi's of the Frozen Faceoff in years past, but this is a completely new thing.  With there being at least 2 days off between the quarters and the semis, it won't really make much difference when they play.  The #1 seed in the semis may be rewarded to pick when they want to play, but nothing official yet.  And UND is not the #1 seed yet either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Why do you assume UND gets to choose when they play in the quarters?  Sure they have had the opportunity to do that in the Semi's of the Frozen Faceoff in years past, but this is a completely new thing.  With there being at least 2 days off between the quarters and the semis, it won't really make much difference when they play.  The #1 seed in the semis may be rewarded to pick when they want to play, but nothing official yet.  And UND is not the #1 seed yet either. 

I didn't say they would get to choose this year. I am assuming they will be the number 1 seed and the NCHC will have them playing the night game first round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

Also heard no band at Frozen Faceoff (or cheer teams for that matter). 

Not a deal breaker but they add a ton of atmosphere to a building that is fairly empty. 

Thinking back to old WCHA Final Five - Michigan Tech's band was entertaining as hell.  Even though their team rarely played those weekends! 

UND’s band had been playing at the recent home games.  Was it determined that they would give us too much of an advantage if they played Stand Up and Cheer during the playoff pod?  Wtf?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

UND’s band had been playing at the recent home games.  Was it determined that they would give us too much of an advantage if they played Stand Up and Cheer during the playoff pod?  Wtf?

Not sure, guessing Spring Break/No Students plus maybe someone considered them 'non-essential'? 

That, or 'In Heaven There is No Beer' is hostile and abusive. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

UND’s band had been playing at the recent home games.  Was it determined that they would give us too much of an advantage if they played Stand Up and Cheer during the playoff pod?  Wtf?

So the Michigan Tech band was unavailable too?  Its not like their team has to be there to get an invite.....

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Nice work Moderator.

Would love to read only about UND hockey on this website, but a handful of you guys (moderator included wtf) feel compelled to unnecessarily bring a very debatable and politically sensitive topic into darn near every discussion. I bet the other moderators are really impressed with your posts like the above.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Not sure, guessing Spring Break/No Students plus maybe someone considered them 'non-essential'? 

That, or 'In Heaven There is No Beer' is hostile and abusive. 

Now those are fighting’ words!:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

has the TV schedule been released for the NCHC "pod" yet? is MIDCO picking it up or CBSsports?

The quarterfinal games will be on NCHC.TV (I assume Midco will be producing but I am not sure that is confirmed). The semifinals and finals will be on CBS Sports.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...