Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting


UND Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

9th commit.  TE Trace Thaden, from NE.  6'7". 235?   3 sport.  Huge endzone target.  

Honestly, I haven't seen a worse HUDL yet.  Other than 6'7" what in the hell are we looking at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Honestly, I haven't seen a worse HUDL yet.  Other than 6'7" what in the hell are we looking at?

I haven’t watched it, but trust your comments, so that’s pretty concerning. Must have been at camp and did something right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 7:46 AM, AJS said:

 

Has nobody heard anything differently on Hegerle? @siouxfan512 is definitely correct (this is just me speculating as well), but the only logical reason he hasn't committed yet is he's waiting for potential P5 offers. As his offers stand today, this is fourth hand too, so who knows, but I think UND has a better shot than anybody here is giving them. I think they are very much in the mix. 

 

I wouldn’t commit if I was him either until he finds out what P5 offers he may receive. Kansas State would be tough to turn down if they came a calling….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I wouldn’t commit if I was him either until he finds out what P5 offers he may receive. Kansas State would be tough to turn down if they came a calling….

Have you ever been to Manhattan Kansas?  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 4:44 PM, geaux_sioux said:

 

Sometimes I like to do the dirty work and put some numbers to an analysis on his 11 min. HUDL.  His catch at camp is way more impressive than his 8 receptions, 7 yards after the catch (concerning), and what I describe as above average control blocking.  His athleticism maybe just catching up with his body given his size.  So, not overly impressed but not totally dismissive either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

A little concerned we aren't hearing more here. Any thoughts on when we might see some more kids giving their verbals?

Probably more going on behind the scenes than we are aware of.   At least I sure hope so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Sometimes I like to do the dirty work and put some numbers to an analysis on his 11 min. HUDL.  His catch at camp is way more impressive than his 8 receptions, 7 yards after the catch (concerning), and what I describe as above average control blocking.  His athleticism maybe just catching up with his body given his size.  So, not overly impressed but not totally dismissive either.

I tried watching his “highlights” on hudl and gave up after 3 min. No need for 11 min of that garbage. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I tried watching his “highlights” on hudl and gave up after 3 min. No need for 11 min of that garbage. 

Watched the first 4 1/2 minutes, yeah pretty boring as he is mostly blocking. He does seem to stay with his blocks though.  He did though as a Junior in HS have as many receptions as our leading TE last year though (7), so there is that.  He probably didn't get a lot of opportunities, but since coaches saw him in person...I'll give them benefit if the doubt in that they saw something. 

We keep waiting to have a breakout at TE with a huge year and seem to have had a few somewhat highly touted TE's in the past few years.  However when I look back we haven't had a TE with more than 10 receptions in a season since 2017 (unless I missed something), I only looked back that far.  As much as we all want more production out of the TE, just doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen in our current offense, even with Danny as OC.  Cloyd had 147 yards for the 2017 season, and since then we haven't had a TE with over 100 yards in a season. 15 receptions by a single TE in a season would be a monster year given UND's track record with that position, unfortunately.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Watched the first 4 1/2 minutes, yeah pretty boring as he is mostly blocking. He does seem to stay with his blocks though.  He did though as a Junior in HS have as many receptions as our leading TE last year though (7), so there is that.  He probably didn't get a lot of opportunities, but since coaches saw him in person...I'll give them benefit if the doubt in that they saw something. 

We keep waiting to have a breakout at TE with a huge year and seem to have had a few somewhat highly touted TE's in the past few years.  However when I look back we haven't had a TE with more than 10 receptions in a season since 2017 (unless I missed something), I only looked back that far.  As much as we all want more production out of the TE, just doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen in our current offense, even with Danny as OC.  Cloyd had 147 yards for the 2017 season, and since then we haven't had a TE with over 100 yards in a season. 15 receptions by a single TE in a season would be a monster year given UND's track record with that position, unfortunately.  

Now Cloyd had one heck of a HUDL.  I think my jaw dropped watching his.  Sadly our staff 'missed' on the production side that he could of have at the college level but I think 3 of those years were Rudy-ball then Danny's 1st year.  Overall I totally agree on your post.  No defense is even going to practice to stop a TE position with so little production.  SU be like "stop Weah" and some rookie asks about the TE on play action and the entire room erupts in laughter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I tried watching his “highlights” on hudl and gave up after 3 min. No need for 11 min of that garbage. 

I had a Klondike bar after getting through it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nice frame on this kid

He has some pretty good offers so far including FBS Northern Illinois but he still decided to come visit UND! Looks like the Bison have shown interest in him in the past.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...