Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread


UNDBIZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

12-1 Houston ranked 18 in 2015.
13-0 Western Michigan ranked 15 in 2016.

12-0 UCF ranked 12 in 2017.

12-0 UCF ranked 8 in 2018.

12-1 Memphis ranked 17 in 2019.

9-0 Cincy in ranked 8 2020.

13-0 Cincy ranked 4 in 2021. 
 

As you can see if you’re G5 you don’t get respect. The only exception is Cincy recently. For a G5 school their name does carry some weight, though, because of their basketball success. An 11 win NDSU team would maybe get looked at for a 12 team playoff if they had a big ranked win. Even then it’s a maybe. Coastal Carolina had a ranked wins against #8 BYU and #21 ULL in 2020 and got sent to the FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl. Let that sink in.

 

You used 7 examples above, 4 of them  are years that the top G5 team would have been included in a 12 team tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

How they competed is not part of this discussion in the slightest. However if you watched the game, I thought Cincinnati competed incredibly well. Did you watch the game or just look at the score?

watched the whole game....alabama played them like they were a jv team. could've won 55-6 if they wanted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

12-1 Houston ranked 18 in 2015.
13-0 Western Michigan ranked 15 in 2016.

12-0 UCF ranked 12 in 2017.

12-0 UCF ranked 8 in 2018.

12-1 Memphis ranked 17 in 2019.

9-0 Cincy in ranked 8 2020.

13-0 Cincy ranked 4 in 2021. 
 

As you can see if you’re G5 you don’t get respect. The only exception is Cincy recently. For a G5 school their name does carry some weight, though, because of their basketball success. An 11 win NDSU team would maybe get looked at for a 12 team playoff if they had a big ranked win. Even then it’s a maybe. Coastal Carolina had ranked wins against #8 BYU and #21 ULL in 2020 and got sent to the FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl. Let that sink in.

 

plus they actually beat a team on the road that has been in the tourney a couple of times in the last few years......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

watched the whole game....alabama played them like they were a jv team. could've won 55-6 if they wanted.

Agree to disagree. The result was never in doubt, I agree. But Cincy looked better than a lot of SEC teams did this year. Heck they looked better than Georgia did for most of the SEC championship game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Agree to disagree. The result was never in doubt, I agree. But Cincy looked better than a lot of SEC teams did this year. Heck they looked better than Georgia did for most of the SEC championship game

hence no need to make it 55-6 bc this game was over the minute it started...all they wanted to was to win and not have anyone hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You used 7 examples above, 4 of them  are years that the top G5 team would have been included in a 12 team tournament.

I’m aware. That’s where I think the P5 incest theory would apply. They were ranked fairly high, but safely outside of the P5 circle jerk. There’s bound to be a break through from time to time though.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jfk your assuming so so so much........

What imaginary criteria are you using to justify that they wouldn’t?

The final FBS rankings would agree with me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m aware. That’s where I think the P5 incest theory would apply. They were ranked fairly high, but safely outside of the P5 circle jerk. There’s bound to be a break through from time to time though.

Don’t disagree, but 4/7 years is pretty often. Especially given they’ve proven with Cincy this year they even in a four team tournament they let in a G5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

What imaginary criteria are you using to justify that they wouldn’t?

The final FBS rankings would agree with me.

this conversation is the reason why people hate bizon fans so much....

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

Don’t disagree, but 4/7 years is pretty often. Especially given they’ve proven with Cincy this year they even in a four team tournament they let in a G5

if your invited to a swanky dinner party and you shart yourself a second time (notre dame) they aint inviting you back....in cincy's case one shart is enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this conversation is the reason why people hate bizon fans so much....

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas"

I guess the final FBS rankings don’t carry as much weight as SIOUXFAN97 in your world. Carry on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Don’t disagree, but 4/7 years is pretty often. Especially given they’ve proven with Cincy this year they even in a four team tournament they let in a G5

Not to change gears from this enthralling discussion… but I have a question. In my opinion this was NDSUs second worst title team in the FCS era. Thinking about their roster next year I don’t see a great RB stable and I don’t see proven dynamic wrs. Add to that, we know the qbs aren’t good. I’m wondering what you see for the team next year. I think they need some unknown guys to really step up. Kinda have to assume they will given recent history.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this conversation is the reason why people hate bizon fans so much....

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas"

I agree!!!   I know it's the off season so there's not much to discuss but the Bison fans can go crow about their success somewhere else.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not to change gears from this enthralling discussion… but I have a question. In my opinion this was NDSUs second worst title team in the FCS era. Thinking about their roster next year I don’t see a great RB stable and I don’t see proven dynamic wrs. Add to that, we know the qbs aren’t good. I’m wondering what you see for the team next year. I think they need some unknown guys to really step up. Kinda have to assume they will given recent history.

Not an NDSU guy at all...but look in the trenches and that'll tell you how things will go for them.  I have no reason to believe that they'll be any worse...but I'm pretty uninformed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not to change gears from this enthralling discussion… but I have a question. In my opinion this was NDSUs second worst title team in the FCS era. Thinking about their roster next year I don’t see a great RB stable and I don’t see proven dynamic wrs. Add to that, we know the qbs aren’t good. I’m wondering what you see for the team next year. I think they need some unknown guys to really step up. Kinda have to assume they will given recent history.

Right now I wouldn’t be very helpful in that discussion. Been busy with life and haven’t been as plugged in as usual to the young guys coming through the pipeline.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Right now I wouldn’t be very helpful in that discussion. Been busy with life and haven’t been as plugged in as usual to the young guys coming through the pipeline.

Wow, what a loser. Having a life? Psh. Bison fans look down their chins at you.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Bison06 said:

How they competed is not part of this discussion in the slightest. However if you watched the game, I thought Cincinnati competed incredibly well. Did you watch the game or just look at the score?

And...

FBS playoffs will expand.  Too much money on the table not to expand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

A G5 NDSU is going to be able to keep those recruits that they lost to Minnesota and Wisconsin compared to the FCS NDSU? 

More scholarships will give you more depth but having more of them isn’t going to automatically going to help you recruit elite P5 talent. 

 

Agree. That will come in time.
 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Hayduke1 said:

And...

FBS playoffs will expand.  Too much money on the table not to expand.

When? 

That was the message a few weeks ago and now everyone finds out there is nothing even close to an agreement? 

And when it does, multiple G 5 teams still aren't going to get in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

When? 

That was the message a few weeks ago and now everyone finds out there is nothing even close to an agreement? 

And when it does, multiple G 5 teams still aren't going to get in. 

When the current contract expires. All the talk recently was about modifying the current contract before it expires. Which was always ridiculous because modifying a current contract requires unanimous agreement of all parties. No way that was going to happen. But creating a new contract is about balance of power and it looks like the power brokers want a playoff expansion. They'll just have to wait until after 2025. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not to change gears from this enthralling discussion… but I have a question. In my opinion this was NDSUs second worst title team in the FCS era. Thinking about their roster next year I don’t see a great RB stable and I don’t see proven dynamic wrs. Add to that, we know the qbs aren’t good. I’m wondering what you see for the team next year. I think they need some unknown guys to really step up. Kinda have to assume they will given recent history.

And even with the Bison having a down year they still only lost one game and won the title. Talk about a down year!!!! The Bison were a completely different team in the first and second half of the season. They actually got back to Bison form just in time for the playoffs. Wasn’t any doubt from me what was going to happen this post season. It’s like Minot High stomping all of the little class A division schools. Not a contest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, UND08 said:

Not an NDSU guy at all...but look in the trenches and that'll tell you how things will go for them.  I have no reason to believe that they'll be any worse...but I'm pretty uninformed!

 Can they play that style of football every week in the FBS and be successful? Honest question I don’t know of any past FBS teams that play like the Bison…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...