Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread


UNDBIZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

No one in the entire United States of America would take Otis over hunter on there football team!!! 
 

I just can’t comprehend that you actually posted that comment logically.

Thank you for once again proving that NDSU has the most insecure fanbase in all of sports. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Ah yes, right back to the "unless you're super negative about everything and sh!t on anything positive somebody says, you're not a real fan"

A football coach is supposed to make the sum of the parts more valuable than they are as separate parts.

Bubba took a team which should have won 7-9 regular season games (more if it beats NDSU) and we barely made it to 5 wins.   You tell me what was wrong and what you think happens next season?  It’s not an easy start to the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

My wife says the same thing......"it" is understood of course.

And that's the point. He's genuinely right with most things he says, it's the saying them over and over which gets old. Makes checking the football side of the forum painful at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

No one in the entire United States of America would take Otis over hunter on there football team!!! 
 

I just can’t comprehend that you actually posted that comment logically.

He sure hasn’t played much if he is really that “elite” ……… great player but  what am I missing? Is he the next Kleinsauser? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Or are we just sick of hearing the same thing over and over EVERYTIME somebody says anything positive. 

We all want the program to be better, we all want to win and make a deep playoff run.  Bitching about coaching every damn week when several times its the players themselves that completely f'd up gets really old.  The coaches don't get credit when the players succeed though, weird.  

Players screw up because they are not prepared, doesn’t matter which level it is at.  There are obviously some good things that have happened under Bubba and some of his staff, but there are also some massive problems.

We began the season ranked 8th in FCS and barely won 5 games, all against bad teams.  I truly hope I am wrong, because I like Bubba, but it’s a 90% chance a year form now we are trying to figure out who the next coach will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Players screw up because they are not prepared, doesn’t matter which level it is at.  There are obviously some good things that have happened under Bubba and some of his staff, but there are also some massive problems.

We began the season ranked 8th in FCS and barely won 5 games, all against bad teams.  I truly hope I am wrong, because I like Bubba, but it’s a 90% chance a year form now we are trying to figure out who the next coach will be.

Woah woah woah...so everytime a player screws up its because he wasn't prepared by the coaches?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Woah woah woah...so everytime a player screws up its because he wasn't prepared by the coaches?  

Over time.  Absolutely.  The more screw ups the less chance of winning.  The 4th down vs NDSU was a fantastic example.  They were prepared for the trickery, UND had not prepared for NDSU being ready for the fake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Over time.  Absolutely.  The more screw ups the less chance of winning.  The 4th down vs NDSU was a fantastic example.  They were prepared for the trickery, UND had not prepared for NDSU being ready for the fake.

You could change you moniker to Midwestern Bison.  We would all understand.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He sure hasn’t played much if he is really that “elite” ……… great player but  what am I missing? Is he the next Kleinsauser? 

Kleinsauser?  My friend that played college ball nearly twenty years ago? That is what your retort is going to be???

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

No one in the entire United States of America would take Otis over hunter on there football team!!! 
 

I just can’t comprehend that you actually posted that comment logically.

"their" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

You could change you moniker to Midwestern Bison.  We would all understand.

Is it that hard to understand that we choked in that moment.  Call me whatever you want.  NDSU had nobody back to catch the punt,   left their defense in. They knew exactly what was happening . How did we not call timeout?  Who would not call timeout!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:


By the way when talking about programs and taking time and all the rest of the excuses, Brett Vigen at Montana State is in his first season. 

6 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Vigen inherited a much better program  and roster than Bubba did. Kinda a big difference!

I think you are missing his point…

Many voices on SS are saying that losing the continuity of Bubba would cost UND several years of rebuilding (again). That a new coach will set the football program back at least a few more years. MW Hawk is pointing out the fact that first year coaches, the right first year coaches, can and do make a difference their first year. Utah State did pretty well with their new Coach Anderson this year too and Missouri State has gone from the lower half of the MVFC to the playoffs in both of Petrino’s first 2 years. (and before you say it, I realize both used the transfer portal liberally)

Yes, MSU was in better shape than UND was at the end of the Mussman era (and UND is also in a better place than when Bubba took over), but Vigen is taking the Bobcats to their first Championship game since 1984 and their first conference championship since 2012 in his first year as a head coach. Vigen did not have to rebuild the whole team, but he apparently is very successful in fine-tuning it.

I think what MW Hawk is saying is that UND, with the right fine tuning (leadership), can take that next step to becoming the championship caliber team we are all confident they can be and it doesn’t have to take several years.

My apologies, I don’t mean to put words in MW Hawk’s mouth, but that is how I understand his post.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone watch the end of the Northern Illinois game against Coastal Carolina?  NIU was at approximately the 12 yard line with 17 seconds left with a chance to win.   Not once did they throw to the end zone.  Talk about poor game management.  Yes, Bubba’s 4th down screw up will be infamous, but it is not like you can’t pick out something in every game where a coach makes a poor decision.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zonadub said:

I think you are missing his point…

Many voices on SS are saying that losing the continuity of Bubba would cost UND several years of rebuilding (again). That a new coach will set the football program back at least a few more years. MW Hawk is pointing out the fact that first year coaches, the right first year coaches, can and do make a difference their first year. Utah State did pretty well with their new Coach Anderson this year too and Missouri State has gone from the lower half of the MVFC to the playoffs in both of Petrino’s first 2 years. (and before you say it, I realize both used the transfer portal liberally)

Yes, MSU was in better shape than UND was at the end of the Mussman era (and UND is also in a better place than when Bubba took over), but Vigen is taking the Bobcats to their first Championship game since 1984 and their first conference championship since 2012 in his first year as a head coach. Vigen did not have to rebuild the whole team, but he apparently is very successful in fine-tuning it.

I think what MW Hawk is saying is that UND, with the right fine tuning (leadership), can take that next step to becoming the championship caliber team we are all confident they can be and it doesn’t have to take several years.

My apologies, I don’t mean to put words in MW Hawk’s mouth, but that is how I understand his post.

Hard to compare UND to Petrino and Mont St. if it wasn’t for Petrino name Mo St would still be where they are. Montana St was already a storied FCS program. Utah State is still coming off it’s Jordan Love era. UND program was at its lowest point ever and required a complete rebuilding. None if those coaches started with that challenge.

who is the right coach to come to UND and that could fix everything wrong Bubba has done and how much is that going to cost????$$$$$$$

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UND can't afford a guy like Vigan or anyone better than Bubba, who isn't a gamble, at their funding level.  Look at Vigans incentives..  UND doesn't come close to this right now.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/new-montana-state-head-coach-brent-vigen-signs-four-year-contract/article_d8fc925e-c1fe-55db-a432-a47cf19c5800.amp.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We watched serious game management problems/play calling etc in almost every game after NDSU. Based on that nobody may have had the nuts to inform Bubba how “chicken sh!t” that moment was.  I still can’t believe they didn’t call a timeout when NDSU knew what was coming.


By the way when talking about programs and taking time and all the rest of the excuses, Brett Vigen at Montana State is in his first season. 

I'm sure this getting wrapped up made zero difference  right? https://www.kpax.com/sports/big-sky-conference/montana-state-bobcats/photos-montana-state-unveils-18-million-bobcat-athletic-complex

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

What does that have to do with key moments of just plain bad football?  You have so many excuses. 
So your thought process is if phase 2 was complete Bubba would have called timeout vs NDSU on 4th down, we would have run out the clock vs missou st, we would NOT have called timeout to start the 2nd half vs USD….I could go on and on?   Do I have that correct?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, zonadub said:

I think you are missing his point…

Many voices on SS are saying that losing the continuity of Bubba would cost UND several years of rebuilding (again). That a new coach will set the football program back at least a few more years. MW Hawk is pointing out the fact that first year coaches, the right first year coaches, can and do make a difference their first year. Utah State did pretty well with their new Coach Anderson this year too and Missouri State has gone from the lower half of the MVFC to the playoffs in both of Petrino’s first 2 years. (and before you say it, I realize both used the transfer portal liberally)

Yes, MSU was in better shape than UND was at the end of the Mussman era (and UND is also in a better place than when Bubba took over), but Vigen is taking the Bobcats to their first Championship game since 1984 and their first conference championship since 2012 in his first year as a head coach. Vigen did not have to rebuild the whole team, but he apparently is very successful in fine-tuning it.

I think what MW Hawk is saying is that UND, with the right fine tuning (leadership), can take that next step to becoming the championship caliber team we are all confident they can be and it doesn’t have to take several years.

My apologies, I don’t mean to put words in MW Hawk’s mouth, but that is how I understand his post.

This is spot on.  Football isn’t rocket science, and coaching is supreme.  Football at every level is full of examples of this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...