Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 non UND FCS thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

I get nervous too when they try get a few yards after making the first down

unless you need to score why do this, is this how coaches teach them?

I think it’s a personal competitiveness thing, you get respect from your teammates for doing more than is required for the team. Also, sends a message at times to the defense that to bring you down requires extra people and you can show up your competitor a bit. These are hyper competitive alpha males for the most part, so any feeling that you’ve put your competitor down is a win in their mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacks celebrating with the Marker at midfield and taking pictures. This is what the Bison radio guys say; “This is bordering on inappropriate. There’s a lot of reasons I don’t like this program a

This is why I believe everyone should stand at attention for the National anthem  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Sounds like you think bisonville is representative of “SU fans”. Nobody who knows football ever thought that was true.

Yeah SU fans are bandwagoners that have only been around since 2009........ at least most bisonville posters have been around awhile.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I was at UND when we beat the su more times than not (I think we were 3-1 regular season) lately it has been ugly. Who can’t respect what they have accomplished. This is our best chance to beat them in years. I am a little confident but refuse to be overconfident much less cocky. I have not watched su much this year though they have struggled some. They still have the pick of the litter in players for a long time on their team.

Let’s do this. Hopefully we play without turnovers and force some. I have been nervous whenever we try to break a tackle with us losing the ball. 
still, we are undefeated. I really want this game!

Go UND ( have accepted the Hawks but have trouble saying it)

People need to remember that SU has some elite talent on their roster that just hasn’t put it together yet on the field. We can’t dismiss them at all because in my eyes they are still the team to beat until their season is over. They remind me of the Minnesota Gopher hockey team when it comes to talent but can’t get it figured out....

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

People need to remember that SU has some elite talent on their roster that just hasn’t put it together yet on the field. We can’t dismiss them at all because in my eyes they are still the team to beat until their season is over. They remind me of the Minnesota Gopher hockey team when it comes to talent but can’t get it figured out....

I agree with you, definitely some talent, but also some glaring deficiencies.  OL seems to be a weakness 4 games in and also RB on top of the well-know QB and passing problems.  Can't let Miller beat us with his legs and IMO we will be ok.  Hard to gauge the Bison defense at this point.  Were awful against SIU, but did well vs a very undisciplined MSU and a bad offense with a QB who can't throw vs ISU.  No turnovers and keep Miller in the pocket and UND will notch another win.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The top-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision in this spring season is currently James Madison, but for how much longer that lasts is an open question. Due to a COVID outbreak on the team, the Dukes had last week's home game against William & Mary postponed and JMU announced this week that its Saturday game against Richmond was postponed.
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6937703-McFeely-blog-James-Madisons-issues-and-does-this-FCS-season-need-an-asterisk

Link to post
Share on other sites

Other action in the Valley Today:

ISU Red up 14-3 over WIU at the half

Youngstown up 11-3 over USD at the half 

SIU up 3-0 over SDSU at the end of 1:  SDSU has had a TD overturned by a hold, a FG blocked, and just coughed up the ball at the end of the quarter.  SIU nearly turned the ball over in the red zone but was ruled a pass instead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

The top-ranked team in the Football Championship Subdivision in this spring season is currently James Madison, but for how much longer that lasts is an open question. Due to a COVID outbreak on the team, the Dukes had last week's home game against William & Mary postponed and JMU announced this week that its Saturday game against Richmond was postponed.
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6937703-McFeely-blog-James-Madisons-issues-and-does-this-FCS-season-need-an-asterisk

I found this interesting. This seems to be an excuse if NDSU doesn't win the Spring Title. 

Quote

 

This is in no way a "normal" season. It should not be treated as such.

This opinion will not be popular in many corners, particularly where teams are looking strong at this mid-point of the season. North Dakota fans will not think much of it. Delaware fans will not, either. Sam Houston State fans likely think it's trash.

That's expected. And if, or probably when, one of those schools wins the national championship they will celebrate and get a trophy for their case, just like every other FCS or I-AA champion since 1978. That's as it should be. If the NCAA is handing out hardware, go for it. Use it to fundraise. Use it to recruit. Use it for attention. Use it how you wish.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

SDSU is clearly the better team in Carbondale, even without their best running back.  I think the QB situation for SIU is starting catch up with them.  

 

Indeed. Another turnover fest from the Salukis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Youngstown about to get win #1 and end the Yotes hopes for the playoffs. 

That is going to be a tricky game for UND next week, no matter what the results today. 

For sure, but the only focus is today. Let's go 1-0!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Any chance UND looks for another game?

I'm told its up to the conference if they are allowed to add a game.  Not sure where they'd look? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm told its up to the conference if they are allowed to add a game.  Not sure where they'd look? 

maybe UNI apr 17th.  Not sure UNI would want 9th game.  And UND wouldn’t get week rest before possible playoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm told its up to the conference if they are allowed to add a game.  Not sure where they'd look? 

April 17th, UND is off. Also the date of the now cancelled Missouri St/Illinois St game. Wonder if the league would allow UND to play at Missouri St that week. Gives both teams 8 conference games.  Other leagues are having teams play multiple times against each other this year. So it’s not unprecedented. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

April 17th, UND is off. Also the date of the now cancelled Missouri St/Illinois St game. Wonder if the league would allow UND to play at Missouri St that week. Gives both teams 8 conference games.

We would be playing them back to game games 2 weeks apart

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

They should have to forefit all of the remaining games.

We all know why they are quitting.  If they were 3-1 they wouldn’t be doing this.

Give SDSU, UND, SIU, and Mo State wins. 

Would love for the conference to make them ineligible for the playoffs next season.  I'm sure the conference can't and never would anyways, but damn what a classless deal by ISU. 

I'm assuming this is not a covid quarantine deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Would love for the conference to make them ineligible for the playoffs next season.  I'm sure the conference can't and never would anyways, but damn what a classless deal by ISU. 

I'm assuming this is not a covid quarantine deal.

Sounds like it has nothing to do with a COVID outbreak. Excuse the coach made was they have suffered a few more injuries and want to keep everyone safe and healthy for the fall.

What’s stopping all the other teams out there with 3 or more losses from just shutting down the season? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...