SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
UNDBIZ

2020 non UND FCS thread

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

People actually watch the NBA? It’s a look at me league and has been since Jordan retired pretty much. Cannot stomach it 

I quit watching NBA after Rodman kicked a fan under the basket.  I was hoping Phil Jackson would have done something.  Instead it turn into a thug league.  I probably watched a hand full of games since.  None i

n the last 10 to 15 years.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

You will see players taking a knee across many different sports and many different levels and if that is your tipping point you might as well start making plans to not see many sports at all. 

Personally I couldn't care less if players, coaches, or entire teams want to take a knee. I will support the athletes, coaches, and teams on the field and off and enjoy watching them perform for the teams I follow.

It's my tripping point.  I had a Great GF served in the civil war and survived.  Another Great GF had a brother that dies in the civil  war.  Many relative that served in WWI a d WWII.  I served during Vietnam and well as a brother.  It's about all that served that made this country the best ever.  Sports means nothing in comparison.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Wow the Ragin Cajuns would get absolutely skull fucked every year.

I bet they'd find a way to beat Arkansas :)

12 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

It's my tripping point.  I had a Great GF served in the civil war and survived.  Another Great GF had a brother that dies in the civil  war.  Many relative that served in WWI a d WWII.  I served during Vietnam and well as a brother.  It's about all that served that made this country the best ever.  Sports means nothing in comparison.

Ditto for my relatives. I want to watch a game. If you want to make a statement, buy a keg and have a party. All of these issues would seem to distract players from their focus on the game. Some college teams do not take the field until after the National Anthem. No opportunity to distract the players... good idea, IMHO. Go UND.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

You will see players taking a knee across many different sports and many different levels and if that is your tipping point you might as well start making plans to not see many sports at all. 

Personally I couldn't care less if players, coaches, or entire teams want to take a knee. I will support the athletes, coaches, and teams on the field and off and enjoy watching them perform for the teams I follow.

Any UND Football player takes a knee and it's over for me.  It's all going to hell anyway, you'll see shortly that players are 'paid' now in CA and any player can transfer at anytime because of a perceived social injustice.  It will be sickening to watch things go down the tubes.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I bet they'd find a way to beat Arkansas :)

Ding. That's a winning post right there. 

5 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

1st off, the Yankee Conference will be offensive to someone and will have to be named after a bird. 

I think the Great Midwest Conference is offensive to some (many?/most?) at UND 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zonadub said:

I think the Great Midwest Conference is offensive to some (many?/most?) at UND 

The Privileged Midwest Conference it is, then.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, northernraider said:

This is a proposed realignment for FBS according to a Sports Illustrated opinion writer. Anyone notice something a little "off" 

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

conferenceoutlook.thumb.jpg.68c3a152d807fa44e553d0885a2a7b7c.jpg

Fans chanting Sun Belt, Sun Belt, Sun Belt instead of SEC, SEC, SEC would take some getting used to.

Maybe they would go with SBC, SBC, SBC?

Oh, and did I miss James Madison?

On 6/29/2020 at 6:40 PM, JohnboyND7 said:

Lol remember when LeBron got butthurt about the Rockets GM supporting Hong Kong?

This is a genuinely stupid idea to allow them to make political statements on the court/field. If they don't want to show up to work and do their jobs then they are only hurting themselves. 

Well the NBA and NFL are considering promoting Marxism on their courts and turf...so there is that.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

The Privileged Midwest Conference it is, then.

No, it’s not the name...