SiouxSports.com Forum

UND VB players Dismissed

1 minute ago, SiouxBoys said:

Jussie Smollett is so last year. It's now a Bubba Wallace. And yes, it appears he does.

If NASCAR had any balls, unlike UND in this VB situation, it would suspend Wallace the remainder of this racing season for going public to feed into this false racial narrative.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Harvard economist, Roland Fryer, who happens to be black, and the youngest to ever achieve tenure at Harvard, set out to prove your premise, that blacks were shot more often than whites by white cop

If you get in trouble for singing a published song then maybe the song shouldn’t of been published. 

Pretty much. I think the word “racist” has been watered down these days to fit whatever narrative people want. Me? If/when I call somebody racist it’s because they are maliciously targeting another ra

Posted Images

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

If NASCAR had any balls, unlike UND in this VB situation, it would suspend Wallace the remainder of this racing season for going public to feed into this false racial narrative.

Agreed. But like UND, they won't, in fear of the social justice mob.

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So where does this leave the VB coach now?  What does the team actually think about all of this?  

Great way for the new president to get started btw.  

After the Port article TM or Schloss need to get Chaves on the record for comment ASAP. This is an AD issue with the recent information and news.

• Upvote 3
16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

After the Port article TM or Schloss need to get Chaves on the record for comment ASAP. This is an AD issue with the recent information and news.

how hard is it to find out who logged/hacked into her account..doesn't everything have an ip address....did her "black" friend (love that when friends are categorized....this is my non-binary deaf vegan friend Brook) that she sent the singing snap to have his blackness challenged by his other black friend and willingly help rogue hacker login/hack into her account to purposely send racists fake snapchats to the other vb player...

this is gonna interesting to watch and wonder if chaves/tiffin make it thru this?

Ok. Slow down, take a breath Siouxsports.com. Port is a "columnist " not a journalist. Big difference. Yes, he interviewed the Vetter girl. But the University is prevented from sharing its side RE FERPA. So step back from the ledge. I know its difficult since sensationalism is the M.O. on this board. But just once lets try to not go all Thelma & Louise on this issue. 

And Oxbow6, you should sit this one out. Your discussion of "x" v. "ck" in Jaxson's name said so much about you. Go Cardinals. They must be so proud. 

13 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Ok. Slow down, take a breath Siouxsports.com. Port is a "columnist " not a journalist. Big difference. Yes, he interviewed the Vetter girl. But the University is prevented from sharing its side RE FERPA. So step back from the ledge. I know its difficult since sensationalism is the M.O. on this board. But just once lets try to not go all Thelma & Louise on this issue. 

And Oxbow6, you should sit this one out. Your discussion of "x" v. "ck" in Jaxson's name said so much about you. Go Cardinals. They must be so proud. 

I'm pretty comfortable in this discussion but I appreciate the advice Mr. Philome. 

Idk, I’m going to wait a bit before being too upset with UND there are some interesting discrepancies imo. 

Why did The girls contradict each other  in their statements?

Nieukirk “regrettably we sang the song including the inappropriate lyrics as written, and forwarded to a single friend” Nieukirk goes into further detail, then says “an investigation was conducted by the university and we admitted that singing those lyrics and using that word was inappropriate”

Vetter “there were fake twitter accounts tweeting a video of a teammate and I that was edited and cropped, with a voiceover on top of the original, to target me.”

One girl admits to it and that they admitted to it the other claims it to all be a lie. It can’t be both.

14 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm pretty comfortable in this discussion but I appreciate the advice Mr. Philome. 

And, there you go again. We know what you are. Pretty clear. You hide it pretty well from your employer and your church. Sad.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Idk, I’m going to wait a bit before being too upset with UND there are some interesting discrepancies imo. 

Why did The girls contradict each other  in their statements?

Nieukirk “regrettably we sang the song including the inappropriate lyrics as written, and forwarded to a single friend” Nieukirk goes into further detail, then says “an investigation was conducted by the university and we admitted that singing those lyrics and using that word was inappropriate”

Vetter “there were fake twitter accounts tweeting a video of a teammate and I that was edited and cropped, with a voiceover on top of the original, to target me.”

One girl admits to it and that they admitted to it the other claims it to all be a lie. It can’t be both.

Could be that one just wants to move on and the other wants to clear their name. Vetter does present some good evidence in favor of her argument (hacked screenshot, the note that basically says they’re cleared of any wrong doing, being asked to stay, etc). I think at the end of the day whether a lyric was sung or not, it’s nothing to get mad about. This whole thing does stink of the girls getting targeted which I think is more of the issue. Not so much if white people can or cannot sing specific lyrics of many rap songs like that. 

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Ouch

16 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Ouch

21 minutes ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

Could be that one just wants to move on and the other wants to clear their name. Vetter does present some good evidence in favor of her argument (hacked screenshot, the note that basically says they’re cleared of any wrong doing, being asked to stay, etc). I think at the end of the day whether a lyric was sung or not, it’s nothing to get mad about. This whole thing does stink of the girls getting targeted which I think is more of the issue. Not so much if white people can or cannot sing specific lyrics of many rap songs like that. 

Chaves needs to be called on to justify ruining two girl's careers for this.  It's clear that cancel culture is running UND and the Athletic Department also.

17 minutes ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

My point is that it looks like someone is lying, so I’m going to withhold my opinion on what UND has or hasn’t done. You can clear your name without lying, and I’m not sure why Nieukirk would say she did something if she did not do it and to go the extent of saying they admitted it to the university is fairly detailed. I’m not even touching the right or wrong part of the video again. But I am saying it is my opinion that someone lied in her statement so it’s hard for me to believe much past the first paragraph, where I believe the lying started. All just my opinion! 

One of the other things that sets off my BS o’meter is the screenshot, why is never having had an ATT account even mentioned in Vetters statement? The screenshot does show a pic of an att account, but the cellular provider account is of the person receiving the message, which is why it has “Me” below and the name crossed out of the receiver. The pic is of the receivers phone, it would in no way indicate any culpability if that was a football players phone or not because the message was sent to that phone and not from it. So of course it can’t be Vetter’s phone in the pic or her cellular provider, it’s the receivers phone! It’s like a parent or someone wishing on a star wrote some of Vetters statement, not understanding snap chat and messages. Or Vetter wrote it hoping no one would notice. Its misdirecting with misinformation and information hoping a bunch of it all jumbled together is enough. Which is why I’m not taking it as fact. All my opinion.

75DB371E-AA41-4805-81AA-5A807DCB7636.png

• Upvote 2

Vetter is coming up with some absurd allegations. Hacking Snapchat??? That’s pretty tough. Vetter is denying everything Nieukirk said they did. Why would Nieukirk lie and throw away her athletic career if she didn’t do it? In my opinion this situation is crystal clear. And I don’t feel bad they put their own future on the line when they decided they could say whatever they wanted and then think they could get away with it. It’s 2020 and it’s nice to see some action taken when it’s so badly needed. 

14 minutes ago, undfan25 said:

Vetter is coming up with some absurd allegations. Hacking Snapchat??? That’s pretty tough. Vetter is denying everything Nieukirk said they did. Why would Nieukirk lie and throw away her athletic career if she didn’t do it? In my opinion this situation is crystal clear. And I don’t feel bad they put their own future on the line when they decided they could say whatever they wanted and then think they could get away with it. It’s 2020 and it’s nice to see some action taken when it’s so badly needed. 

I mean, hacking snapchat can be something as simple as trying to log onto somebody else's account. Not exactly rocket science.

1 hour ago, Undfan23 said:

My point is that it looks like someone is lying, so I’m going to withhold my opinion on what UND has or hasn’t done. You can clear your name without lying, and I’m not sure why Nieukirk would say she did something if she did not do it and to go the extent of saying they admitted it to the university is fairly detailed. I’m not even touching the right or wrong part of the video again. But I am saying it is my opinion that someone lied in her statement so it’s hard for me to believe much past the first paragraph, where I believe the lying started. All just my opinion! 

Most of what what quoted by both girls was in alignment though. Both girls said they got hacked. Both girls said that they were found to be at no fault and within the code of conduct. Both girls said they were asked to stay to play but stepped down due to angry mob. The only part that really differs is one said they sang the song with the n bomb and one said somebody fabricated it. Either way, it’s a song. The SJW are going after them for a stupid song. This rant isn’t really directed at you because it’s good to have the info before you make a final thought on the matter. This rant is for the people that jumped to the “call them racist and ruin their lives because they sang a lyric” conclusion and didn’t wait for the facts. 
As for the ATT thing, I can see confusion happening on her part. I guess if I were her I’d be a little flustered trying to prove my innocence and realign my life and potentially grasp at anything that might help. Poor choice to include that in her statement in my opinion as well. Was there misdirection behind it? Maybe. Who knows.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if julia sent it to brynn why refer to brynn as brynn instead of u...almost like someone want people to think that is byrnn's phone instead of a random "you"

I don’t think the Snapchat in question was sent to Bryan. I think it was “supposedly” sent to the football player?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

I mean, hacking snapchat can be something as simple as trying to log onto somebody else's account. Not exactly rocket science.

No, not at all. Is someone out to get her that bad that they would hack her Snapchat and make up this random racial slurs? Seems like she’s trying to find ways to cover her wrongful decisions. 

1 hour ago, undfan25 said:

No, not at all. Is someone out to get her that bad that they would hack her Snapchat and make up this random racial slurs? Seems like she’s trying to find ways to cover her wrongful decisions. 

It's completely possible and that's what she's claiming. Time for somebody to do some investigating.

7 hours ago, undfan25 said:

7 hours ago, undfan25 said:

Maybe she is trying "cover" up her actions......or maybe there is a legitimate other side of the story she's trying to get out there.

You've obviously made up your mind on this. Are you being "simple-minded" as Bubba Wallace would say? 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

Most of what what quoted by both girls was in alignment though. Both girls said they got hacked. Both girls said that they were found to be at no fault and within the code of conduct. Both girls said they were asked to stay to play but stepped down due to angry mob. The only part that really differs is one said they sang the song with the n bomb and one said somebody fabricated it. Either way, it’s a song. The SJW are going after them for a stupid song. This rant isn’t really directed at you because it’s good to have the info before you make a final thought on the matter. This rant is for the people that jumped to the “call them racist and ruin their lives because they sang a lyric” conclusion and didn’t wait for the facts. 
As for the ATT thing, I can see confusion happening on her part. I guess if I were her I’d be a little flustered trying to prove my innocence and realign my life and potentially grasp at anything that might help. Poor choice to include that in her statement in my opinion as well. Was there misdirection behind it? Maybe. Who knows.

I am not for ruining lives, I know you know that. But I am for accountability, I think having one girl claim the video was falsified with a voice over and one owning it as having happened AND BEING ADMITTED TO THE UNIVERSITY is a big deal. It goes to integrity and I won’t take someone at their word if they lie right out of the gate, and I didn’t get past the first paragraph without thinking it is a lie or misrepresentation...and twice. My opinion.

As for the snapchat......I barely use snapchat and knew right away what I was looking at, it would be hard to use Snapchat and not understand that. I agree it was poor judgement (although I would use the word misleading) to use that in the statement. Again, I didn’t leave the first paragraph before thinking based on the writers own words it was a lie. The more I see, the more I read and the more I hear the less I believe parts of the story.

Since we are still discussing the video, I did research the song they were singing, it’s Lil Donald’s Do Better, and in those lyrics there is no “R” used on the N word and the “R” is pretty pronounced clearly in the video, so they technically edited the lyrics to make them their own. The two words have very different meaning with or without the R. I’ll let you google those lyrics if you want to, and the difference in meaning if you want to....remember it was sent to a black male friend, and then see if you can’t understand why that might be hurtful to someone and inappropriate within the athlete community as a whole. If not, I can’t really help further. I don’t think their lives should be ruined, but own your mistakes. I’m not going to argue this paragraph within this board because it’s honestly a waste of time.

Also, UND’s new president had this to say in a letter from UND communications dated June 8th. “On Tuesday, I received messages from across our community regarding several campus incidents that happened during the spring semester. Whether it was two student-athletes in a video singing a song that repeatedly uses the n-word or a group of students shouting a racist phrase in their Grand Forks neighborhood, THESE BEHAVIORS ARE INCONSISTENT WITH OUR INSTITUTIONAL VALUES.” **I capitalized my main point.

I do not personally believe the girls were targeted. This happened before George Floyd and when UND was very much known for not doing much of anything about these sort of incidents. All just my opinion.

28 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You've obviously made up your mind on this. Are you being "simple-minded" as Bubba Wallace would say? At least there wasn't a "noose" hanging in the Betty to make this situation more "crystal clear" for you. 

Your comment is vomit inducing and that is as kind as I will be about it.

• Upvote 3
14 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

FBI was involved becaus the media screamed "hate crime" immediately.

CNN reported the noose has been in his garage since 2019.  Nothing like the media chasing to make a "race" story out of nothing.

Similar to the black man that hung himself from a tree in LA........"lynching" was the drumbeat right away until of course suicide was ruled the cause of death.

Anyone else see a pattern here?

10 minutes ago, Undfan23 said:

Your comment is vomit inducing and that is as kind as I will be about it.

See above. The point I'm trying to make is we are at the stage in society where we immediately jump to guilt on any racial issue. The "noose" in Bubba's garage was there for over a year yet he takes what is not there racially and turns it into a race issue on multiple media outlets. Same thing with the young man in LA. These two UND student athletes were "guilty" immediately. Is that fair? Was justice being served? What if by chance these two girls were targeted by a certain FB player for whatever reason and now their college athletic careers and possibly their academic careers are over? Will there be justice for those two individuals? 

• Upvote 1