SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SWSiouxMN

UND VB players Dismissed

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

normally i respect what charles barkley  says...has he weighed in on any of this stuff?

This is the only article that I have found right now with him.  https://www.foxnews.com/media/charles-barkley-dismisses-defund-police-movement

granted, that is after a three minute Google search...so give me a bit more time.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/06/charles-barkley-stressful-being-black-smerconish-vpx.cnn

https://www.talkbasket.net/91445-charles-barkley-on-athletes-activism-we-have-obligation-to-keep-trying-bring-awareness

Most of the current articles are talking about his reaction to the Drew Brees stuff.

• Like 1

love how popovich and kerr spout off about kneeling in the nfl....iirc it is a fineable offense in the nba and are subject to suspension i think too...all started with chris jackson (mamoud abuld raouff)...david stern nipped it in the bud bc he knew it was bad for business.  how about you clean your own house pop and stevie before talking about goodell's house.

7 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I didn't figure it would take long for someone from the Don Lemon "If you grew up white in America you must be racist" groupthink to chime in. Thanks for answering my question.

Talk about jumping to a conclusion.  You now know everything about me and what I believe based on one comment.  The only Don Lemon I know used to teach in the Ed Ad graduate program and I never saie "If you grew up white .... you mist be racist".  That would be stereotyping in a way just like asking if the use of "x" instead of "the traditional 'ck'" is a black thing that implies ... what? Flame on me all you like, but take just a second to ask yourself if the "x" makes a difference in the name of a white kid as much as it does in the name of a black kid.

Just a recap because this thread has taken quite the wild turns. We’ve gone from talking about the issue at hand to statistics on shootings, judging a guy on how they spell Jackson, Jaxon, Jaxson, Jaxckson, or Jackxsen (which means nothing and who cares), what celebrities think on rioting, relating gun control to song choices (I get what you were trying say but not quite the right metaphor), and everything in between. Pretty impressive within 5 pages. 

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

is there a way to read Port's work without giving the Forum traffic?

Tried but it directed there.

wow..nice write up by port...so he's saying the singing is real (hard to deep fake that) but the screen shot claiming they say the n word every night to each other was maybe made when someone hacked her account ( hacked by said football player which maybe is a crime? ) by a disgruntled football player that thought they didnt' get punished enough back in february?  

i smell a lawsuit

24 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

wow..nice write up by port...so he's saying the singing is real (hard to deep fake that) but the screen shot claiming they say the n word every night to each other was maybe made when someone hacked her account ( hacked by said football player which maybe is a crime? ) by a disgruntled football player that thought they didnt' get punished enough back in february?  

i smell a lawsuit

That seems to be the gist of it, along with UNDs unwillingness to put out a statement and allow it to "just blow over", and that they weren't not dismissed but resigned and had to leave the university due to the harassment and their safety. 

3 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

That seems to be my understanding, along with UNDs unwillingness to put out a statement and allow it to "just blow over", and that they weren't not dismissed but resigned and had to leave the university due to the harassment and their safety. 

if this is true it changes everything i thought about this situation...if these girls called/texted/snapped each other every night to say the n word to each other they are beyond help and deserved this....singing a song with "bad" words gimme a break.

they should file a lawsuit bc und handled this poorly

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i smell a lawsuit

Is reverse racism racism?

• Upvote 1

This is ridiculous. Heads need to roll.  Those who hacked the accounts need to be gone from UND as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Is reverse racism racism?

No. The term you’re thinking of is affirmative action. 

10 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

This is ridiculous. Heads need to roll.  Those who hacked the accounts need to be gone from UND as well. 

exactly....this whole time i'm thinking that that horrible screenshot was  real (still could be) but more than likely created by whoever hacked her account. just when you thought that the higher-ups at und couldnt get worse...here ya go.  those girls lives are changed forever...over  a song and a future SJW in training.

• Upvote 1

So where do we go from here?

Will there be more of a push to figure out what went down?  Or will this be how it ends?

37 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly....this whole time i'm thinking that that horrible screenshot was  real (still could be) but more than likely created by whoever hacked her account. just when you thought that the higher-ups at und couldnt get worse...here ya go.  those girls lives are changed forever...over  a song and a future SJW in training.

Ya unfortunately every job these girls apply for in the future they may get weeded out because the first things that pop up when they google their names will be getting labeled “racist”

10 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So where do we go from here?

Will there be more of a push to figure out what went down?  Or will this be how it ends?

UND will never confess to anything and going to court probably won’t yield anything so no, it’s probably dead.

52 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

Did any football players get cut this year from the team around that time?

2 minutes ago, siouxhockeyaddict said:

Ya unfortunately every job these girls apply for in the future they may get weeded out because the first things that pop up when they google their names will be getting labeled “racist”

I am guessing that these young ladies might not have to work after the settlement.

• Upvote 2

I am not defending anyone in this but UND was damned if they do damned if they don’t. You had people writing into the Heraldo and then the Heraldo publishing opinion pieces from alumni calling the school racist when this came to light. I recall the opinion piece from an alumnus from NY, I believe saying how bad UND was when she went to school and how racist students were and that UND better do something or forever be branded a racist college. In the current climate via the cancel culture you are going to get roasted either way and people are out for blood. Ruining lives, rightful or not, is all that matters. Could UND gotten ahead of this, perhaps. Were they going to get skewered regardless, most definitely. 

edit: found the opinion piece  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/6530027-Letter-UND-must-do-better-to-address-racism

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I am not defending anyone in this but UND was damned if they do damned if they don’t. You had people writing into the Heraldo and then the Heraldo publishing opinion pieces from alumni calling the school racist when this came to light. I recall the opinion piece from an alumnus from NY, I believe saying how bad UND was when she went to school and how racist students were and that UND better do something or forever be branded a racist college. In the current climate via the cancel culture you are going to get roasted either way and people are out for blood. Ruining lives, rightful or not, is all that matters. Could UND gotten ahead of this, perhaps. Were they going to get skewered regardless, most definitely. 

edit: found the opinion piece  

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/6530027-Letter-UND-must-do-better-to-address-racism

Headline reading, “Volleyball players’ social media hacked to vilify them as racists; responsible parties have been expelled” is a hell of a lot better than letting this play out the way it did. In other words, doing the right thing and taking the right action against this doesn’t damn them. It makes them look competent. Now they look terrible. Also, that bad headline I just wrote is proof that I picked the right career path; which is not journalism. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am guessing that these young ladies might not have to work after the settlement.

I hope you’re right. While the players were being dragged through the mud,  UND sat silent on pertinent information, and let the volleyball coach lie to the public about how the young women left UND.  Inexcusable. 

• Upvote 2

Does Bubba have a Jussie Smollett in his locker room?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Does Bubba have a Jussie Smollett in his locker room?

Jussie Smollett is so last year. It's now a Bubba Wallace. And yes, it appears he does.