Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21


cberkas
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Goon said:

Cheering for SCSU is like expecting a Bruins fan to cheer for the dirty Montreal Canadiens. If they actually won it, they'd be more insufferable than UMD fans. 

Is that possible?;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I'm pretty pumped Duluth lost yesterday. I don't need any more chirping from that obnoxious fan base. Plus it takes away the issue of a 3 win champ. I'll pull for SCSU now. Keep the NCHC streak going, and keep it out of the East.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, R_Schneider_4 said:

There was one of Facebook last night too. Just going at everyone that didn’t want one of our rivals to win. 

I hope the moderators of that Facebook Group do a thorough job of screening out Non UND fans and UND haters.

There is enough material on that site daily to make our fanbase the laughing stock of college hockey.

Pin by Richard Legault on Fun and Satire | Letterkenny, Baseball cards,  Embarrassing

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, petey23 said:

I hope the moderators of that Facebook Group do a thorough job of screening out Non UND fans and UND haters.

There is enough material on that site daily to make our fanbase the laughing stock of college hockey.

Pin by Richard Legault on Fun and Satire | Letterkenny, Baseball cards,  Embarrassing

What Facebook site

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Well I'm pretty pumped Duluth lost yesterday. I don't need any more chirping from that obnoxious fan base. Plus it takes away the issue of a 3 win champ. I'll pull for SCSU now. Keep the NCHC streak going, and keep it out of the East.

The NCHC wins too many more, the officials from other leagues could subconsciously find a few more calls against NCHC teams that are borderline.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I hope the moderators of that Facebook Group do a thorough job of screening out Non UND fans and UND haters.

There is enough material on that site daily to make our fanbase the laughing stock of college hockey.

Pin by Richard Legault on Fun and Satire | Letterkenny, Baseball cards,  Embarrassing

It’s now mostly a cesspool of crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

It’s now mostly a cesspool of crap. 

Awful takes about the team and consistent whining from wholly uneducated fans. But, some of the stuff sold on there is cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Awful takes about the team and consistent whining from wholly uneducated fans. But, some of the stuff sold on there is cool.

Yeah started out great when there was only a couple thousand fans. Picked up a lot of great items. But now there’s like 10000, the same questions are asked like 10 times a day, and apparently it is really hard for some people to actually read or look up any information on their own.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Maine's head coach Red Gendron passed away today playing golf. :ohmy:

Terrible news. 
If you have to go, there are worse places to be I guess. 

 

(PS - Black Bears shut down FCS spring football today also. Tough day for Maine Athletics.) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Gma loves hockey said:

I'm so old I remember when fans were supposed to be "good sports" and not hate everyone else.

When was this? All of the old hockey videos I've seen show players beating each other into oblivion lol.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

My favorite is any form of "what time is the game" or "what channel is the game on" .... You have a literal super computer in your hand. Google it.

Haha I’ve refrained from saying this in that group so many times.

Also, someone was trashing Ryan Duncan in the comments section of someone’s post for never playing in the NHL and I know Ryan, so I really had to refrain from snapping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Regular cesspool or USCHO Fan Forum quality?

USCHO pretty much hide the fan forum and somehow made it worse

Their regular article comments are a cesspool 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Langster019 said:

I’m in the same boat as @petey23  I won’t root for SCSU per say but won’t go against them either for the sake of friends who follow them. Same goes for DU. Honestly was hoping DU would get a bid because my brother in Denver is a fan and his friend group like to gang up on me being a UND fan. It’s more fun for me to have friends involved especially if they play one another as I enjoy a couple “hate weeks” every season when they face off. Really enjoy my times in Magness and haven’t had a bad experience (yet) at an opposing rink. 
 

And @stoneySIOUXi find myself more and more disliking UND fans and their conduct that gives the good ones a bad name. But I’m just one lowly jamoke of a fan myself so what do I know? :lol: And @Godsmacki got verbally berated at the Ralph for getting a game puck for my DU jersey wearing brother one night. That was fun. Some people take things to a level that is laughable. 

I’m reminded by a fellow CC hockey buddy that about ten years ago, at Magness Arena, a DU fan wanted to fight me for committing the cardinal sin of wearing a Sioux jersey and walking out to the concourse to buy a beer. The event was so traumatic, I have no recollection of the event ever happening. I must’ve laughed, gotten my beer, and walked away. 

Turns out he’s the ex-boyfriend of another friend’s wife and she said the guy was nuts. That he hates North Dakota (clearly) with a passion. Sad someone internalizes a game to that degree. 
 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I’m reminded by a fellow CC hockey buddy that about ten years ago, at Magness Arena, a DU fan wanted to fight me for committing the cardinal sin of wearing a Sioux jersey and walking out to the concourse to buy a beer. The event was so traumatic, I have no recollection of the event ever happening. I must’ve laughed, gotten my beer, and walked away. 

Turns out he’s the ex-boyfriend of another friend’s wife and she said the guy was nuts. That he hates North Dakota (clearly) with a passion. Sad someone internalizes a game to that degree. 
 

 

 

I wouldn't even care he was in my face for a Sioux jersey, I would be pissed he'd be keeping me from quickly getting a beer. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Langster019 said:

I wouldn't even care he was in my face for a Sioux jersey, I would be pissed he'd be keeping me from quickly getting a beer. 

That was the thing probably! Game was still probably going on and I wanted to get my Molson and get back to my seat ASAP so I didn’t miss anything! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...