Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2020-21


Recommended Posts

At this point I'll gladly deal with Hockey East people pounding their chest that they beat Duluth without their two best players.  Yup, absolutely.......bring it on. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only the big ten could have three teams eliminated after one game. #finallyarrived    

I’d want Pinto on my team before Caufield. I predict Pinto has the longer NHL career. 

Went into the Grocery Store today, just so I could bang on the Plexiglass in front of the cashier to feel like I was at a hockey game....I was respectfully escorted out 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I still wish everyone else loses 

I guess I'd rather have one of the remaining teams win instead of Covid this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

At this point I'll gladly deal with Hockey East people pounding their chest that they beat Duluth without their two best players.  Yup, absolutely.......bring it on. 

Good for UMass!  The better team won; should be a good game on Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ok with St. Clown winning.  Keeps the NCHC streak alive, and that chaps the azzes of B1G and HE fans.

I guess Duluth found out it's different playing bonus hockey against a team that didn't have to play the night before.  Probably caught them by surprise.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

I'm ok with St. Clown winning.  Keeps the NCHC streak alive, and that chaps the azzes of B1G and HE fans.

I guess Duluth found out it's different playing bonus hockey against a team that didn't have to play the night before.  Probably caught them by surprise.

I just don't understand why anyone would want our rival to win a title.

We all know the NCHC is the best conference, whether they'd like to admit it or not. It's just not close.

Definitely cheering for UMass.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I just don't understand why anyone would want our rival to win a title.

We all know the NCHC is the best conference. Whether they'd like to admit it or not. It's just not close.

Definitely cheering for UMass.

Also, in addition to this, I don’t understand why people care who we all cheer for. A UND fan trashed me on social media last night for not supporting UMD. Just weird. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Also, in addition to this, I don’t understand why people care who we all cheer for. A UND fan trashed me on social media last night for not supporting UMD. Just weird. 

Trashed you for NOT cheering for UMD? Has that person not been watching for the past, well, decade plus? Goodness.

I despise Duluth. They are very successful, and while I earned some respect back after the class the showed after the 5OT game, they are still a large group of divers and exaggerators. Their fanbase is gross.

As for Clown, they've basically been irrelevant forever yet their fanbase believes they're not. I do not want them having a legit banner for the first time. 

Both of those teams are our rivals. I'll only cheer for them if it directly benefits UND. Screw "conference loyalty" ... I'm loyal to the kelly green, white and black and no one else.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My buddy and his wife took a road trip to St. Cloud a few years ago for a series against CC. He’s been to virtually every barn in HE, ECAC, and the NCHC and met a lot of cool fanbase and he said by far, St. Cloud’s was the worst. Thought their you know what didn’t stink, were at best apathetic towards them and at worst downright rude.

They didn’t bother staying for the Saturday night game, choosing to drive down I-94 for the Gophers/Harvard game (good choice as that game went to overtime). 
 

I can’t bring myself to root for St. Cloud tomorrow either. Would be very happy seeing Coach Carvel and his players raise that trophy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I just don't understand why anyone would want our rival to win a title.

We all know the NCHC is the best conference, whether they'd like to admit it or not. It's just not close.

Definitely cheering for UMass.

I agree with @stoneySIOUX during the Frozen Faceoff I was shooting picture of the UMD vs SCSU game and I was reminded how insufferable SCSU fans are. I just can’t cheer for them. Nice seeing the Bulldogs lose last night. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Goon said:

I agree with @stoneySIOUX during the Frozen Faceoff I was shooting picture of the UMD vs SCSU game and I was reminded how insufferable SCSU fans are. I just can’t cheer for them. Nice seeing the Bulldogs lose last night. 

Funny story each of the first three years of the Frozen Faceoff there was this kid, probably about 18-19. He cheered for both St. Cloud and Duluth as well as whoever else happened to be playing UND. He’d jump up wildly and scream his head off anytime UND got scored on, took a penalty, etc. Totally pissing off the UND fans around him. The great irony was, he always wore a Parise Minnesota Wild jersey. After one of his recent spastic bouts, I asked him, “You do realize where Zach Parise played his college hockey right?” 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Funny story each of the first three years of the Frozen Faceoff there was this kid, probably about 18-19. He cheered for both St. Cloud and Duluth as well as whoever else happened to be playing UND. He’d jump up wildly and scream his head off anytime UND got scored on, took a penalty, etc. Totally pissing off the UND fans around him. The great irony was, he always wore a Parise Minnesota Wild jersey. After one of his recent spastic bouts, I asked him, “You do realize where Zach Parise played his college hockey right?” 

Sounds like the guy who sat in front of me at the Tampa Frozen Four... 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it is all in who you come across with any fan base.

I have had nothing but great experiences in St. Cloud. Have a great relationship with a few St. Cloud fans that we hang out with before and after games at Howie's and also usually meet up in Minneapolis and now St. Paul again for the conference tournaments. They all have nothing but reverence for UND Hockey. Usually have extra tickets and I have hooked them up when they come to Grand Forks.

As far as obnoxious uninformed fans, sure they have a few as every program does including ours. Our bad fans might be worse since many also have a tinge of arrogance.

Anyway, to each his own but I find myself pulling for SCSU when we are out of the mix.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record, I would be remiss if I didn’t tell the story of a former coworker and SCSU grad who invited me multiple times up to St. Cloud from Denver for a series or two against UND and CC.

While the timing didn’t work out and I couldn’t attend, at one of the series, he caught an SCSU game puck and gave it to me when he returned to Colorado as he knows I collect college pucks so that was way cool of him. He knew I not only collected store bought pucks but have a particular fondness for game used pucks with the logo on the front and back and all the scratches, nicks, and dings in them. 
 

@petey23you bring up an excellent point I failed to consider in my earlier posts. Bad apples everywhere but many more good ones too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, petey23 said:

I guess it is all in who you come across with any fan base.

I have had nothing but great experiences in St. Cloud. Have a great relationship with a few St. Cloud fans that we hang out with before and after games at Howie's and also usually meet up in Minneapolis and now St. Paul again for the conference tournaments. They all have nothing but reverence for UND Hockey. Usually have extra tickets and I have hooked them up when they come to Grand Forks.

As far as obnoxious uninformed fans, sure they have a few as every program does including ours. Our bad fans might be worse since many also have a tinge of arrogance.

Anyway, to each his own but I find myself pulling for SCSU when we are out of the mix.

Yep. Agreed. And because of the size of our fanbase, up goes the amount of lack of knowledge and the amount of bad apples. Big reason why most other schools hate us.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in the same boat as @petey23  I won’t root for SCSU per say but won’t go against them either for the sake of friends who follow them. Same goes for DU. Honestly was hoping DU would get a bid because my brother in Denver is a fan and his friend group like to gang up on me being a UND fan. It’s more fun for me to have friends involved especially if they play one another as I enjoy a couple “hate weeks” every season when they face off. Really enjoy my times in Magness and haven’t had a bad experience (yet) at an opposing rink. 
 

And @stoneySIOUXi find myself more and more disliking UND fans and their conduct that gives the good ones a bad name. But I’m just one lowly jamoke of a fan myself so what do I know? :lol: And @Godsmacki got verbally berated at the Ralph for getting a game puck for my DU jersey wearing brother one night. That was fun. Some people take things to a level that is laughable. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe both teams will test positive for covid and the tournament will end without a champion.  Then we can avoid St. Cloud or hockey east from getting a title. That's what I'm cheering for. Go get em COVID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Prison_Mike said:

I will never forget St Cloud’s actions against the Sioux nickname. They can all kiss my ass. 

I have a buddy who despises Cloud for just that reason.......as do I.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheering for SCSU is like expecting a Bruins fan to cheer for the dirty Montreal Canadiens. If they actually won it, they'd be more insufferable than UMD fans. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Also, in addition to this, I don’t understand why people care who we all cheer for. A UND fan trashed me on social media last night for not supporting UMD. Just weird. 

There was one of Facebook last night too. Just going at everyone that didn’t want one of our rivals to win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...