SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GeauxSioux

Best Sioux hockey memories

18 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

@Blackheart Any interest in uploading 2005 NC championship loss to Denver?

With everything going on in the world and an April blizzard. 

Please don't.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Please don't.

Amen to that.

Back 10-15 years ago (I think) UND played the Gophers in a best of 3 opening round WCHA playoff series in Grand Forks. The Sioux won on Friday, the Gophers won on Saturday, and then the good guys won the Sunday night rubber match. I would love to see that Sunday night game again. Due to a malfunction of my VCR back then, I didn't get it recorded. Anyone remember exactly what year that was?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

You need a Worst Sioux hockey memories thread. :glare::lol:

1 hour ago, NoDak Fan said:

Perhaps the 2005 NCAA Semifinal vs. Minnesota!

The E. Fabian game!

I think I forgot to set the VCR for that one as my oldest son was born that day.  We did have the game on in the hospital room though.(Post delivery).  I always referred to that one as the Travis Zajac game, he had two goals as well. :D

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Please don't.

Pretty sure my copy of that game was taped over for a Matlock marathon.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Back 10-15 years ago (I think) UND played the Gophers in a best of 3 opening round WCHA playoff series in Grand Forks. The Sioux won on Friday, the Gophers won on Saturday, and then the good guys won the Sunday night rubber match. I would love to see that Sunday night game again. Due to a malfunction of my VCR back then, I didn't get it recorded. Anyone remember exactly what year that was?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

WCHA quarterfinals March 12-14, 2010 between Sioux and Gofer.

6-0 win, 2-4 loss, and 4-1 win

• Like 1

Would love to have the Game 3 against DU from 2003 as well.  Watched that game at Joe Sensers in Bloomington.  The entire Gofer hockey team including the Wooger were there as well.  The roof almost blew off the place when the Sioux (Furhrer?) scored the OT game winner.

• Like 1

Rewatching some of those late 90s early 2000s games that have been posted and, wow, could that top line in 2000 fly! Somehow I forgot how fast Panzer and Lundbohm were.

On 3/27/2020 at 4:39 AM, SiouxForever said:

I’ll donate (I’ve donated multiple times, great kid)  more money again to the Hunter P. Go fund me account if someone can get me the 2011 Michigan vs. UND frozen four game when the frozen four was at the Xcel Energy Center.

5 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

What is wrong with you?  Why would you want to watch those games that ended in such heartbreak?  I'd rather forget them.
While you're at it, maybe we should also rewatch the 2008 "lacrosse" UNH game that ended in OT...or maybe the 2007 butt kicking at the hands of BC in the Denver F4...maybe the 2003 1-0 loss to Denver.
The thread title is "Best Sioux Memories"...you must be one twisted fan if those are some of your best memories.  ;)  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

2005 East Regional against our friends from Boston College.  Sioux had beaten BU the night before and attempt to win the NCAA 'Beanpot' and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four in Columbus.

You’ve been killing it on YouTube

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

You’ve been killing it on YouTube

Feels like spring cleaning. ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Are there any full game videos of the 2016 frozen four floating around?

It used to be on YT like a month ago and now all I can find is the highlights. With crappy music playing in the background. 

4 hours ago, Blackheart said:

2005 East Regional against our friends from Boston College.  Sioux had beaten BU the night before and attempt to win the NCAA 'Beanpot' and punch their ticket to the Frozen Four in Columbus.

Best time ever at Joe Senser’s in Bloomington.  The place was packed with North Dakota fans on both nights.  After the 2nd win, the entire crowd of Sioux fans started chanting, “Where’s our Beanpot?”  Great memories.  

• Upvote 1

It's Friday night and the #15 ranked Sioux visit packed Mariucci Arena to face the top ranked Gophers. This weekend is a coming out party for the DOT line of North Dakota.

Note to self, thread topic is "Best" not "Worst" Sioux Memories. I got it SS users. My bad...

I'll do better. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Blackheart said:

It just doesn’t get much better than Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

It just doesn’t get much better than Gary Thorne and Bill Clement.

Beats the hell out of Doug and 'the Rug'.;)