SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GeauxSioux

Best Sioux hockey memories

Just finished watching the Sioux/Gopher game when Parise was named player of the game. Blackheart gets my vote as MVP (most valuable poster).

• Upvote 2

Frozen Four Semifinal against DU in 2016

• Like 4

Always great to watch a win over DU. 

While watching I’ve been busy trying to see what has happened with some of th players fromUND Michigan and DU since then. 

Does anybody know if Matt Shaw has landed on his feet?  He had quite a resume before coming to Grand Forks.  Not that we have missed him at all. 

• Upvote 1

Led by Brandon Bochenski's 5 points, the Sioux get their first win against the Gofers in the new REA.

• Upvote 2

Playoff beards...Ryan Duncan with multiple goals...Jordan Parise tourney MVP...Yup, it's the 2006 Final Five championship against Bob Motzko and the SCSU Huskies!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Playoff beards...Ryan Duncan with multiple goals...Jordan Parise tourney MVP...Yup, it's the 2006 Final Five championship against Bob Motzko and the SCSU Huskies!

Thanks for posting this one.  I was at the game but spent entirely too much time pregaming at Alary's and don't remember much......

• Upvote 2

The Sioux curb-stomp Red Berenson and the Wolverines 5-1 at the West Regional at Ralph Engelstad Arena 3/24/06. This is the first time the schools have met in the NCAA's since 1998 when Michigan "hosted" at Yost Arena. At least the Wolverines got a locker room when they came to UND's building.  

Anyone look familiar in this picture?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux curb-stomp Red Berenson and the Wolverines 5-1 at the West Regional at Ralph Engelstad Arena 3/24/06. This is the first time the schools have met in the NCAA's since 1998 when Michigan "hosted" at Yost Arena. At least the Wolverines got a locker room when they came to UND's building.  

Anyone look familiar in this picture?

No effing way. That's @MafiaMan Thanks for sharing that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Goon said:

No effing way. That's @MafiaMan Thanks for sharing that. 

We have a winner!

• Upvote 1

February 2nd, 2013

UND was playing Wisconsin.  Me and the future wife (then girlfriend) were in the priority student line waiting to get in (watched the mens bball play in the afternoon).  Two people ahead of us was a guy who was complaining that this frozen badger under his coat was starting to stink.  I heard what he said, turned to my gf and mouthed: he has a dead <bleeping> Badger underneath his coat.  

UND raced out to a 2-0 lead, but it was the third goal in the second period when the Badger flew onto the ice and the students went wild. 

UND won the game 4-1, was quite the BADger beatdown. 

• Upvote 4

The Sioux end the Cinderella story Holy Cross season in the West Regional by a 5-2 score. The Crusaders took down the top ranked Gofers much to the delight of the REA crowd the day before. North Dakota, coached by Dave Hakstol, rides their outstanding freshman class and goalie Jordan Parise to its second straight Frozen Four.

My apologies as the first period starts at the 11:10 mark.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux end the Cinderella story Holy Cross season in the West Regional by a 5-2 score. The Crusaders took down the top ranked Gofers much to the delight of the REA crowd the day before. North Dakota, coached by Dave Hakstol, rides their outstanding freshman class and goalie Jordan Parise to its second straight Frozen Four.

My apologies as the first period starts at the 11:10 mark.

Any chance you have the Minnesota comeback Final Five game?

8 minutes ago, fight on sioux said:

Any chance you have the Minnesota comeback Final Five game?

Sorry, I do not have that one.

Just now, Blackheart said:

Sorry, I do not have that one.

No problem. Thanks for posting all these games!

• Like 1

Watching these old games, some have noted the difference in the way the obstruction penalties are called in today's game.  Two questions:

First,  we Sioux fans were very vocal about our belief that the obstruction was out of hand with Parise and that something had to be done.  I recall fans claiming that obstruction in the college game was part of the reason he left to NJ when he did.   Anyone have reliable information that that claim was true?  For all I know, Zach may have said it himself in an interview. 

Second, was the change in the way obstruction is called good for the college game?  I'm not talking about the way cfb is called--that's a safety measure.   Just hooking, interference, holding--that kind of stuff.

Watching the 2000 NCAA final right now. All that slobbering over Boston College and Doug Flutie is easier to take when you know what the final result is! :)

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, Blackheart said:

Here's the final against the Q...

Not to be rude...but the game was on the 9th and not the 10th.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, burd said:

Watching these old games, some have noted the difference in the way the obstruction penalties are called in today's game.  Two questions:

First,  we Sioux fans were very vocal about our belief that the obstruction was out of hand with Parise and that something had to be done.  I recall fans claiming that obstruction in the college game was part of the reason he left to NJ when he did.   Anyone have reliable information that that claim was true?  For all I know, Zach may have said it himself in an interview. 

Second, was the change in the way obstruction is called good for the college game?  I'm not talking about the way cfb is called--that's a safety measure.   Just hooking, interference, holding--that kind of stuff.

I don't know the answer to your first question. As far as the second question, IMO it is good for the game, although it seems to get called too tight at times.

15 minutes ago, siouxforeverbaby said:

Not to be rude...but the game was on the 9th and not the 10th.

Thanks...I made the change.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Anyone else besides @Blackheart have games they want to put on YouTube?

Would love to see the 2005 National Seminfinal against the Gofers...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I know this one will be a fan favorite...Chris Porter scores the GWG in OT to send the Sioux to the Frozen Four...If you watch the whole video you can see Jeff Dubay's salty tears in the postgame wrapup. :D

• Upvote 2