Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2020-21 University of North Dakota Hockey Season


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I definitely disagree with it being situational. Teams with strong depth play all four lines more evenly than those with less depth. By matching lines, you can keep your team fresh and not lose scoring opportunities with whomever is in the ice. Our best teams had tremendous depth and evened out playing time as much as possible. 

Being able to have a guy like Weatherby centering the fourth line late in a game against a team's top line who is gassed or their less talented fourth line is a clear advantage to us.

I think he's just stating that you don't just go 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 like a Mite scrimmage.  I agree that it allows you to get the matchups you want if more of your legs are fresh because you've been rolling.  It also helps when coming off special teams a ton!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think I have ever told this story here, but this seems like a good time. It was June, 2016. My brother asked Brad to come to my mom's house with the national championship trophy. My mom didn't

Bubbs is such good people its ridiculous.  Bringing the students pizza before the games, talking to people on the street that others wouldn't give 10 seconds of their time too, taking the time to talk

Love how Leipsic's penchant for cocaine/MDMA use is the buried story here.  Hope it was just him and not the other members of that group . . . . Also, funny how "locker room" talk gets you booted

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

I think he's just stating that you don't just go 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4 like a Mite scrimmage.  I agree that it allows you to get the matchups you want if more of your legs are fresh because you've been rolling.  It also helps when coming off special teams a ton!

I never said that, though lol. "Rolling four lines" to me, means having the depth to not have to play only the Top 6 players. Keeping players fresh and not losing much in terms of scoring punch from top to bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I never said that, though lol. "Rolling four lines" to me, means having the depth to not have to play only the Top 6 players. Keeping players fresh and not losing much in terms of scoring punch from top to bottom.

Totally.  When your 1st and 2nd lines are better, your checking line can shut down, and your 4th line can hold its own against an opponent's top line, you win a lot of games...

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yzerman19 said:

Totally.  When your 1st and 2nd lines are better, your checking line can shut down, and your 4th line can hold its own against an opponent's top line, you win a lot of games...

Exactly what I was saying. Which is why I think having Weatherby at his natural position, even if it's in a bottom six role, is big for this team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

If Spirko stayed for (4) years we would have had to win a natty one of the next (2) years.  He was a sophomore in the lineup above.

What's crazy is there was only a single Senior in that entire lineup (Prpich).  Imagine that group the following year with the addition of Chay Genoway and Chris VandeVelde.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Duncan had an office like Ovi.  Goalies knew he was setting up at the circle and they knew he was going to shoot short-side upper.  They still couldn't stop it.  That DOT line had Mr. Electric in Osh, Mr. I am always in the right spot and end up with the puck Toewser, and Mr. Wrister in Dunc.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...