SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Dumpster Fire (Enter at your own risk)

jk

23 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Drug companies only put big money for tests into patentable products.  Everybody but idiots knows this.

Natural products aren't patentable, except if they are systematically modified 

Ah yes, ad hominem attacks, the hallmark of scientific discussion. Fun fact: many drugs originally came from natural sources. So then scientists do research to determine what chemical(s) have medicinal properties. These chemicals can then be extracted or synthesized, allowing them to be given in precise doses. Let's say that an herb contains chemical A. Would it make more sense to take the safest, purest, and most effective dose of chemical A or to eat an herb salad? Medical patents are flawed, but this doesn't mean that we should ignore the science. Remember to vaccinate your kids.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Please stay on topic. Something like “I heard 5G will create a generation of mutant super heros with it’s worse than gamma radiation that splices our DNA which I heard from a very reputable source while standing in line at Walmart.” would be acceptable.

Those are the kind of athletes I would like to see the coaches recruit. :D

7 minutes ago, UNDMOORHEAD said:

Those are the kind of athletes I would like to see the coaches recruit. :D

Exacty..........bigger stronger faster. It will be fun to watch games with these athletes as participate from their basements via Zoom.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Exacty..........bigger stronger faster. It will be fun to watch games with these athletes as participate from their basements via Zoom.

If you think gamma radiation is makes great mutants, just think what 5G waves that can’t penetrate human skin or walls or travel further than a football field will do. 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Please stay on topic. Something like “I heard 5G will create a generation of mutant super heros with it’s worse than gamma radiation that splices our DNA which I heard from a very reputable source while standing in line at Walmart.” would be acceptable.

"I heard people were testing 5G on their teenage turtles to see if they could get them to mutate."

10 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Ah yes, ad hominem attacks, the hallmark of scientific discussion. Fun fact: many drugs originally came from natural sources. So then scientists do research to determine what chemical(s) have medicinal properties. These chemicals can then be extracted or synthesized, allowing them to be given in precise doses. Let's say that an herb contains chemical A. Would it make more sense to take the safest, purest, and most effective dose of chemical A or to eat an herb salad? Medical patents are flawed, but this doesn't mean that we should ignore the science. Remember to vaccinate your kids.

Insulin from pigs is probably that largest $ drug but they all have their uniquely engineered differences to be patentable.  Your thoughts have just been one massive ad hominem attack.

On 4/5/2020 at 11:32 AM, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah the mods are getting worse that bozoville....... I’ll just go on over to other sites I guess. Nodakangler.com let’s people freely speak their mind

Ive never seen a site that closes down threads like this one.

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Ive never seen a site that closes down threads like this one.

It's a priority to not allow political talk and I totally get that.  But this is different.  The corona deal is hard to talk about without including government entities.

what's the over/under for the acceptable date in March for international travel for recreation to where you are stupid for doing so?

ex:  flying to mexico on the 17th from grand forks and coming back on the 23rd so you can get drunk on a beach after all your friends said not to go?

5G.....just to stay on topic......someone asked me if I would take the Zith/Malaria drug combination given that a non-medical person has been it's biggest proponent in the media.  The short answer was yes as long as my doctor said I was a good candidate.  The longer answer would be given the evidence of it's effectiveness that is out there, I would take it even if the cover of the package had a photo of Robert Kelley, Mark Kennedy, Redneksioux, and Pete Haga holding hands together.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's the over/under for the acceptable date in March for international travel for recreation to where you are stupid for doing so?

ex:  flying to mexico on the 17th from grand forks and coming back on the 23rd so you can get drunk on a beach after all your friends said not to go?

Is somebody talking about a group of parents from the southside of GF that thought rules didn't apply to them and are now sick?  

7 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Is somebody talking about a group of parents from the southside of GF that thought rules didn't apply to them and are now sick?  

not sure...i heard about people coming back from mexico on the 23rd and testing positive...while a majority of us have stopped doing stuff and even avoiding the grocery store there are still people jumping on planes and going to mexico and bringing the 'rona back to the forks...I did hear about a "high school party" ...is that what your referencing?

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Insulin from pigs is probably that largest $ drug but they all have their uniquely engineered differences to be patentable.  Your thoughts have just been one massive ad hominem attack.

I would kindly like you to quote my ad hominem attack. I've addressed your "arguments". Uniquely engineered differences do not inherently change effectiveness. There are loads of scientific papers out there, probably even on the topics you are interested in.

March 11 - WHO declares pandemic, First confirmed case in ND, NBA suspends season, NCAA and NCHC announce no fans allowed
March 12 - NHL, MLS, and MLB delay/suspend seasons, NCAA tourneys canceled
Friday March 13 - NDHSAA cancels basketball tourneys
Tuesday March 17 - These people allegedly fly to Mexico, a country not thought to be hit too hard by the virus at the time
March 19 - Burgum announces closure of dine-in restaurants and bars
March 23 - Las Vegas shuts down

Most here were saying the shutdowns were an overreaction at that time, so I'm not gonna knock these people too hard I guess, especially if they had booked it well in advance and it wasn't a last minute trip taking advantage of low prices.  There's also little/no 5G in Mexico. ;)

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

March 11 - WHO declares pandemic, First confirmed case in ND, NBA suspends season, NCAA and NCHC announce no fans allowed
March 12 - NHL, MLS, and MLB delay/suspend seasons, NCAA tourneys canceled
Friday March 13 - NDHSAA cancels basketball tourneys
Tuesday March 17 - These people allegedly fly to Mexico, a country not thought to be hit too hard by the virus at the time
March 19 - Burgum announces closure of dine-in restaurants and bars
March 23 - Las Vegas shuts down

Most here were saying the shutdowns were an overreaction at that time, so I'm not gonna knock these people too hard I guess, especially if they had booked it well in advance and it wasn't a last minute trip taking advantage of low prices.  There's also little/no 5G in Mexico. ;)

so that flight was the one?